Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 4th June 2012 - a day I will never forget!

congratulations! it all looks woderful and we wish you all the best! x

Quote Originally Posted by shona henderson View Post
    congratulations! it all looks woderful and we wish you all the best! x
    Thank you!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
    Oh that's handy your mum is a florist! I always thought I wouldn't spend much on flowers given that they're dead in a couple of days but that went out of the window when I set my heart on large arrangements! They did look spectacular in the room though!
    It would be handier if she lived here but she's at home in Ireland. So I'm trying to keep things simple so a) she doesn't have too much work to do and b) so we don't have to buy too many vases etc. BUT I absolutely love flowers and am so used to seeing gorgeous displays that it would be weird not have to them. We'll see which approach wins out!

Created by Wedding Favors

The Speeches/Meal

We were running a little bit behind time as the ceremony had taken longer than anticipated. Our guests were called into the room for dinner about 4.15. Fraser and I used this time to have some more photos taken outside. The piper piped the wedding party into the room and then Fraser and I. We’d chosen to have the two large “posh n’becks” chairs that the hotel have. They looked fab but were quite impractical to get in and out of easily. Fraser’s friend and usher Stan acted as Master of Ceremonies and did an amazing job. We chose to have the speeches before the meal so all the speakers could relax and enjoy their food.

My Dad was up first and did a really good job. He’d printed his speech out in large font so that he could read it without having to use his glasses. It was a really lovely speech. I had managed to keep myself composed throughout the ceremony but finally cracked during the speeches. My Dad toasted the people who could not be with us on the day and I knew the one person he missed the most was my gran who passed away in September 2011. There was barely a dry eye in the house.

Next up was Fraser – he gave a lovely speech and made sure that nobody was missed out with the thank you’s including our various suppliers. We didn’t notice on the day but did when watching the dvd back that Fraser thought everyone was “stunning” on the day – me, my bridesmaids, all his ushers and my brothers – it makes us laugh every time we watch the wedding dvd! There was more tears when he spoke about my Nana. For various reasons she chose not to come to our wedding and I was heartbroken by this. We wanted to mention her in the speech so she knew that she was very much in our thoughts on our wedding day.

Last up were the best men – Fraser’s friends Kev and Mike that he went to school with. These guys are both total jokers, Mike in particular! I was a little anxious before hand about what they would say and whether I would get embarrassed or upset by something they’d say. They told us about three weeks before hand that they were going to use a laptop and needed a projector screen. This set alarm bells ringing! In the end we need not have worried. The first 10 minutes or so of their speech was really funny and consisted of them talking about why they thought I loved Fraser. They talked about all his unusual traits and accompanied the speech with various embarrassing photos on the projector screen. We both had tears in our eyes laughing at the speech. The final part of their speech worried me the most as I thought it was going to be more of the same and would be a total piss-take of both of us. How wrong was I! They had secretly been in contact with our parents and got photos of us through the years growing up. Mike had made a powerpoint show montage of the two of us growing up and then our years together as a couple. They had music to accompany it which was the Book of Love by Peter Gabriel (fans of the show Scrubs will be familiar with it!). The waterworks really started during this so thankfully Fraser was on hand with a tissue. It was just such a genuinely lovely thing for them to do and was appreciated so much by Fraser and I and all our guests.

We had a fantasic meal at the Western House Hotel and the staff worked really hard to ensure that all guests got their food as quickly as possible. There’s nothing worse than being one of the last tables to be served and seeing other tables almost finished their food before you have even got yours. The food itself was perfect and there were clean plates all round. Between each course Fraser and I got up and circulated the room and spoke to all our guests. We preferred this option over doing a formal line-up.

Fraser and I being piped into the room
    Attachment 7224
    Hi Gayle

This is freaking me out as I have the same photographer, florist, hair and make up artist as you did! Glad to hear there was no problems though, your pictures are gorgeous

Good choices futuremrspaton! Most of the pictures uploaded so far were taken by George!

Senior Platinum Member

gayle - i see that you used hydrangeas for your bm flowers, i really want hydrangeas for my flowers too but a florist warned me that they can sag really quickly, how did yours last the day??

xxx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mrs breslin to be View Post
    gayle - i see that you used hydrangeas for your bm flowers, i really want hydrangeas for my flowers too but a florist warned me that they can sag really quickly, how did yours last the day??

xxx
    They lasted fine through the day. Our florist said they could be revived by placing them in a glass of hot water later in the day if needs be. Our florist was Laura from Cherry Blossom who is the sponsored expert on the forum this week so you could maybe double check with her but I'm sure that's what she said.

Senior Platinum Member

They lasted fine through the day. Our florist said they could be revived by placing them in a glass of hot water later in the day if needs be. Our florist was Laura from Cherry Blossom who is the sponsored expert on the forum this week so you could maybe double check with her but I'm sure that's what she said.
    thanks

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Aww Gayle, fab report you looked gorgeous! x
    Anita & Grant 26th of May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sassenach79 View Post
    Aww Gayle, fab report you looked gorgeous! x
    Thank you! Might get round to finishing this report in the next few days!

Platinum Member

Your dress is gorgeous and you looked stunning on the day.

Really enjoying reading your report so far

What a wonderful wedding report. Beautiful pictures. You are a very talented lady to have made that table plan its lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMcQuade2B View Post
    What a wonderful wedding report. Beautiful pictures. You are a very talented lady to have made that table plan its lovely.
    Thank you! I was really pleased with how it turned out. I never would have imagined I could make it at the start of my wedding planning process.

You've reminded me that I've yet to finish this report so I will try and get that done this weekend!

Just re read your report Gayle, I'd forgotten how good it was! Initially came to look at your table plan again for inspiration but couldn't resist reading it all lol! X

What a great report! Was lovely to hear about your day in such detail!

Senior Platinum Member

so how did the rest go ... x

I promise I will get back to finish this off, if not this weekend then Easter weekend when I've got a long weekend off work! There's still so many lovely photos to show off!