Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Our fabulous wedding day! 06Sep2012

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

Default Our fabulous wedding day! 06Sep2012

The Wedding Eve!

I'll start from the night before the wedding. I was feeling pretty calm and relaxed about the whole thing. The bridesmaids had just arrived, I'd been rushing about all day and now finally it was time to get my onesie on and put my feet up with a glass of champagne in hand a box of Thornton's doing the rounds. My Chief Bridesmaid surprised me with a lovely gift. I was going to wait until the morning of the wedding to give them their gifts however impatience got the better of me so I gave them their gift there and them. A lovely little heart locket in a silver heart-shaped box which I had engraved. It was about 01:30 before we headed to bed. A lot later than I had planned but you know what us girlies are like a blethering! I thought I would be struggling to sleep but probably due to too much champagne, I crashed out straight away!

Yay! I've been waiting to see your report! Hope you had a fabulous day, can't wait to hear all about it! Xxx

Wedding Morning

So I found it pretty easy to fall asleep the night before. Now I don't know if it was nerves or the champagne but at 5.30am I woke up with an upset stomach, feeling sick and ended up with the hiccups!I struggled to get back to sleep as I just couldn't seem to get comfortable. I eventually got up at 7.30am, brushed my teeth, had a shower and then slipped into my "Bride" dressing gown.

The hairdressers who were the best mans sister and girlfriend appeared at about 8am. They seemed to be much more excited than me. I was still feelng pretty calm. so one by one myself and the bridesmaids had our hair and makeup done.

It was about 11am before the photographer turned up. By that time the hairdressers had already left as they had to get themselves ready for the wedding. So unfortunately we didn't get any "getting ready" shots done which I was a bit disappointed about. Since we were ready early we had plenty of time for chilling out and managed to get some nice picture of all the little details like the jewellery and shoes.

Just before the florist arrived at 11.30 I had another delivery of flowers. I looked out of the window to see the best man running towards the house with a big bouquet of flowers. They were gorgeous. There was a little card with them "Can't wait to see you later Princess. Love Graeme x" Gave me a bit of a lump in my throat. The florist turned up just after that. The flowers were ever nicer than I had expected. Just perfect.

Super Senior Platinum Member

Loving your updates x

Loving this! I get married on 6th Sept next year :-) xx

More Mrs Adie! We're all waiting impatiently!! X

I love this too, which florist did you use for your flowers and did you use the VU's photographer? X
    Jen

Getting ready to leave

The cars were due to arrive at 1pm. I kept watching clock and time seems to be dragging. It was 12.30. I looked at the clock and had a little buzz of excitement as I realised that my groom would now be on his way to the venue. The mums went upstairs to set dressed and I help both my bridesmaids to get into their dresses. They looked stunning.

It was now time for me to get my frock on! It took 3 people and a fork to get me into my dress. By this time lots of the neighbours had started to gather outside. My mum send my dad out with trays of champange and strawberries for all the spectators. The cars drew up but the girls were still tring to fasten the dress up. Buttons - very pretty but not so practical. The veil went in and I was ready to go. Or so I thought......

My dad told me I looked beautiful but that my earrings didn't go with my dress. I started to panic but then he pulled out 2 little boxes. One containing diamond earrings and the other a diamond necklace. I had kept my cool all morning but now I was blubbing like a baby and so was my dad! I comosed myself, posed for a couple more shots with the photographer before she set off to get some pics of the groom, bestman and the guests arriving.

At last it was time to leave. It had been a lovely morning but as luck would have it the rain came on. Luckily it was just spitting so I didn't get too wet and by this time I really didn't care. The mums went out first, both looking spectacular and got into their limo. Then my bridesmaids help me out. The neighbours cheered and threw confetti. Getting into the car in such a big dress was a task I obviously didn't consider very much. It was a stuggle but eventually I was in with just enough space for my dad to squeeze in. We set off.

We were only at the end of the road when I asked the drive to put the window up as I was getting cold and wet. It was then he announced that the window was infact jammed and would not got up. He offered to try again but infact just made it worse. I was concerned as we woukld have been hitting the motorway in 5 minutes and had a bit of a journey ahead of us. His only solution was an umbrella. I couldn't believe it!! All this money for a car and here I was sitting in the back of the car with an umbrella up. By the time we arrived I was rather cold and windswept but eager to get in and get married.

I was greeted by my bridesmaids who did a great job of holding up my train and The Vu staff who were all armed with umbrellas. It was only a short walk to the entrance. The Vu staff and bridesmaids helped to sort my dress and veil. I could hear the harpist playing and could see some of the guest sitting patiently. Senga our celebrant came out to let us know what was happening, where we had all the stand when we got in and to wish me well.

My veil was lifted over my face, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest and it was showtime!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cars.jpg  
    Last edited by FutureMrsAdie; 17-09-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: add pic

Super Senior Member

Loving your updates so far xxx
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Quote Originally Posted by Jenzil_25 View Post
    I love this too, which florist did you use for your flowers and did you use the VU's photographer? X
    I used Becky's Flowers. She was fabulous and her prices are amazing! I didn't even know The Vu had a photographer. We used Sheila Galvin. She was great on the day. Really good at organising people for the shots and a very friendly and bubbly person! Can't wait to see my photos.

Loving it, and trying to be patient hehe. Things i'm loving so far:

- Graeme sending you flowers
    - the champagne and strawberries for the spectators
    - Your Dad giving you the jewellery

x

Loving your report! i also considered this car but thought i might struggle with my dress! Slightly concerned about window issue as i am using the same company and they do not come cheap! Hears hoping my windows work !!!!

Loving your updates - had a wee lump in my throat when I read about your dad giving you the jewellery - what a wee star. Keep them coming! x

Yip also had lump in throat reading about your dad & the jewellery!! How sweet! Can't wait for the next installment xx

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondgirl View Post
    Loving your report! i also considered this car but thought i might struggle with my dress! Slightly concerned about window issue as i am using the same company and they do not come cheap! Hears hoping my windows work !!!!
    It wasn't the broken window I was most bothered about it's the fact that the driver failed to let me know before we set off. The car showed up in plenty of time so he could have got another car. Also, I had a stretch limo for the bridesmaids and mums that I could have travelled in. Their customer service so far has been pretty poor and after offering a pathetic "goodwill gesture" they have since not replied to further emails. Hopefully we'll get it sorted out soon.

Aww Mrs Adie, I am really enjoying reading your reports! Your dad sounds like a true gentleman, what a lovely gesture with the jewellery and champagne & strawberries.

Glad to hear the vu were on hand with umberellas, I get married in February, hoping for the best but might be pushing it fine.
    Getting married Saturday, 8 February 2014.

Mrs Adie I love reading your reports. I was at the Vu on Friday as my friend was getting married there. Its totally gorgeous. It was the 1st time I had been. Your Dad sounds sooooo sweet. What a lovely gesture.

Super Senior Platinum Member

Loving your updates. I was at a wedding at the vu last week - what a stunning venue x

Quote Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs Armour View Post
    Loving your updates. I was at a wedding at the vu last week - what a stunning venue x
    What day was the wedding? My friend from school had her reception at the Vu last Thursday.

The Ceremony

I heard the harpist start to play the song I'd chosen to walk in to, November Rain by Guns n Roses. Our celebrant asked everyone to be upstanding. The doors opened and my 2 bridesmaids walked in one at a time. Now it was my turn. Holding my dads hand we walked in slowly. The aisle wasn't particularly long so we were told to take our time. It was a bit strange having everyone stare at me but I also kinda liked being the centre of attention. Everyone was smiling including me. You couldn't have punched the smile off my face!

We reached the end of the aisle and my dad lifted my veil. G looked so handsome. It had been a long time since I'd seen him clean shaven as he usually sports the designer stubble look. My heart was racing and I just couldn't stop smiling! G gave me a reassuring wink and told me I looked beautiful.

The ceremony was fabulous! Better than I even dreamed it would be. Senga our celebrant was just great. Graeme's cousin Jon came up to read a poem we had chosen, The lovely love story - by Edward Monkton. We then had both mum's come up to give their blessing on the marriage which I thought was a lovely way of including them. We then had a handfasting ceremony using tartans from both of our families. After exchanging rings and vows we were announced Husband & Wife!

The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris played on the harp as we signed the register and posed for some pictures. Senga then finished off the ceremony with a lovely poem and we left to AC/DC's Highway to Hell. We could here a few of the guest chuckling as they recognised the tune.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails me n dad.jpg  

Handfasting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails handfasting.jpg  

Signing our lives away!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails register.jpg  

The new Mr & Mrs Adie!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails husband & wife.jpg  

Husband & Wife! Woohoo!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 316758_351774154908512_1052744746_n.jpg  

And another one of us both
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 481130_10152088531655360_208142387_n.jpg