Thread: Photo albums

Default Photo albums

Hi, does anyone know where to get really nice photoalbums for wedding pics...our photographer said if we want to get our own, he'll take 100 quid off-is this what they are likely to cost though??
    Helen!

Wedding Supplier

It would be extremly difficult for you to buy a real wedding album that isnt like the cheap and cheefull ones with the sticky pages that peel back with a clear plastic material.

As far as I know most professional album companies will not sell to the public and even if they did you would have to buy at least 5 different styles of overlays each containing 20 in a pack , as you cant just buy 1 of each style, you have to buy the whole packet therefore wasting a lot of money.

It would actually cost you a lot more than 100.00 to get a proper album.

That is unless you want a magazine style coffee table book , you could go to photobox and design one yourself for around 70 quid but then you would need the Hi res copyright free images to do that.
    My advise would be in your only saving 100.00 then let the photographer do it , as no matter what you do it will never look as good as a professional job.

Some of the albums you can get online from the likes of kodak or snapfish are really good. My cousin made up a storybook album for my grandparents from his wedding - it looks really profession and only cost around 40. Not sure if this is the sort of thing you are looking for your own wedding album but definitely a good options for parents and grandparents instead of taking wedding photography packages that give you these extra albums but cost a fortune.

Hiya

Have to agree with Pics & Blooms. Think it might be a wee bit of false economy. Depends on the style of album your after aswell. Professional digital albums are usually customised by your photographer, with your input, which is part of the service you are paying for. Wouldn't like to think you ended up unhappy with your album after spending money to have nice photographs.

Just my opinion though, i'm not the least bit arty and pretty pernickity! so the thought of having to tackle an album myself fill's me with dread!

xxx

Thanks for your opinions, I think I'll stick with the photographer doing them then! Like the idea of doing ones for parents on snapfish though...could be a good xmas pressie!

My p hotographer told me of The Photobook Company who sell pro level coffee table book/magazine albums. I had a look and they are identical to hers except of course I don't get charged for design (because you have to design it yourself - they have online software for that). They also don't offer bigger than A4 albums and I want a 14x10 (surprise surprise!) and you are limited to their layouts and a particular number of pages. But it looks good.

They are more than 100 though. I think I worked it out at just being a smidgen under 250 - so I'd be wanting at least that taken off the photography bill!

Have a look http://www.thephotobookcompany.co.uk/