Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss for our weddings!

I should point out, I know how to lose weight very quickly and I'm worried I'm leaving it late as I know this I want to lose weight properly, like everyone else does. xx

Well done Tulloola, 29lbs is amazing. I weighed in tonight and stayed the same as last week (put on1.5 last week) but back to work tonight after 2 weeks off so back on track tonight. Need to lose 4.5lbs to get my 2stone off, and am rewarding myself with getting my hair done once achieved. Roots are shocking lol so need to work really hard this week

Quote Originally Posted by *Flutter* View Post
    I think I have left it far too late! I get married in 12 weeks!!! Please help me! I am not overweight, but too wobbly to feel happy in my dress. I want to lose a stone. Any examples of typical day food / exercise? I keep putting it off because i am a recovering bulimic and dont want to lose too much weight and start it all over again xxxxxxxx
    Hi Flutter its never too late, I joined weight watchers 4 weeks ago and have host 1/2 stone already. Its just healthy eatting and you never feel hungry. I have put on about 1.5 stone since I had my little girl 2 years ago and now I am trying to shift it. Good luck and keep me posted with how you get on!

Lisa x
    Getting married 11th June 2011

You all sound like you are doing amazing!!!

Just wondered if anyone wanted to share what their target weight is? I'm currently a size 12, but a wobbly one . I would like to get down to about 10st, i'm 5ft 9 so dont want to be rakeishly thin! So about half a stone to go but finding it tough. Ive lost just over 2st already but now hit a wall!!!
    I'm a bit worried that i've started to self sabotage! got over a year to go till the wedding and am worried that i'll reach my goal too soon(know that sounds daft!) What if I cant maintain it!!

xxxxxx

Platinum Member

flutter - dont focus on the food side of things. just hit the gym and do some toning exercises. just eat healthily(ish lol). if ur not overweight, just a bit of toning will help u feel more confident in ur dress. drag ur bridesmaid along too to make it more bearable hehe. xx

Senior Platinum Member

all being well, i've lost 2lbs this week meaning I will be half way toward losing my 3 stone I set myself as a target....and still have till october to go to

think I might treat myself to a hairdo at the weekend too.....as a wee reward

thats fantastic mrsandersontobe!!

I have just been weighed - lost another 4lbs, thats me up at 33lbs now. Wedding not til october next year - but determined not to go dress shopping before I get to 52lbs now anf hopefully that will be the incentive to keep it off!

not having internet for the last 5 weeks i have been unable to update this so when i last updated i had lost 6.5lbs at slimming world, since being offline i have lost another 9lbs so total weight loss is 15.5lbs.

Since starting to lose weight in July last year i have lost a total of 37.5lbs!!!!
    Wedding date 2/10/10

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Hey welcome back hunnycat and well done on your weight loss. Thats amazing! Mrs McD2b-x-

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Future Mrs F View Post
    You all sound like you are doing amazing!!!

Just wondered if anyone wanted to share what their target weight is? I'm currently a size 12, but a wobbly one . I would like to get down to about 10st, i'm 5ft 9 so dont want to be rakeishly thin! So about half a stone to go but finding it tough. Ive lost just over 2st already but now hit a wall!!!
    I'm a bit worried that i've started to self sabotage! got over a year to go till the wedding and am worried that i'll reach my goal too soon(know that sounds daft!) What if I cant maintain it!!

xxxxxx
    My situation is so similar to yours! I'm 5ft 9 as well and a wobbly 12 (sometimes 14 on bum!) Was doing weightwatchers for 12 weeks before my holiday in March and lost 22lb in that time. After my holiday though I have lost my motivation and probably put most of it back on! My wedding isn't until 2012 so I was worried about maintaining! Know I can't keep doing WW all that time! Think I'm gonna be healthyish until next summer then start counting the points again!
    Lx

Super Senior Member

I'm 5ft and i am now a size 14 waist but 16 boobs/belly! I had my 3rd baby 6 months ago and my downfall is wine! I tend to sit watching my soaps and on here and have a glass of wine. I joined weight watchers a couple of years ago and lost a stone in 5 weeks so i know it works and i can do it. I'm just finding it hard to get motivated this time round. Iv got 18 months to go but really need to lose weight now as don't want a size 18 dress as i'm so short i'll look like a pudding
    Wedding booked for 1/10/2011

Unhappy

I just put on 4 pounds

Don't worry Sassenach79 - just a little bump in the road. It will knock you back into being healthy again.

If its any concilation, I have done nothing but eat BBQ food all weekend and drink! Was gonna start diet again today but it seems a little too cold!!

Jx

Aw Sassenach - just a wee blip. We all have weeks where we don't want to think about what we're eating! My friend has told me that in the weeks / months leading up to the wedding the weight just falls off you anyway! Well, I'm hoping that's the case!

Well girls, I went back to the gym last night after my operation! Just took it easy but so glad I did it! Heading there tonight and just had my green salad for lunch - home made fruit salad to follow I'm diabetic so this is a good kick start for me - I really need to take better care of myself! Plus, I counted on the calendar it was 20 weeks on Friday til our big day - OMG!!

Good luck to you all - it is a bit cold to be dieting and when the weather is warm - you just want to sit outside with a cold alcoholic drink!!

xx

Senior Platinum Member

I am getting so depressed, for the past few weeks I have stayed the same, even though i have been eating healthy

Haven't been able to go to the gym or swimming because of health issues, but getting back into that this week so fingers crossed i can start to lose the other 20lbs before october......time is running out !!

Platinum Member

i went to zumba last night and it was fab!! i think we def need to exercise, coz just eating healthily isnt enough. now im finished uni, im going to get stuck into exercising - even if its just on the wii (altho that doesnt burn too many calories) or going for a walk.

Zumba is brilliant! I love it.

If you like all that jumping around / dancey stuff I bought a great dvd I would thoroughly recommend. Its 'Clubland - Workout of your life'. Its dance music and pretty intense but if you like that type of thing and you are not put off by skinny ladies in gold sparkly bikini's it is definetly worth a nosey.

Jx

Quote Originally Posted by sazmeek View Post
    I'm 5ft and i am now a size 14 waist but 16 boobs/belly! I had my 3rd baby 6 months ago and my downfall is wine! I tend to sit watching my soaps and on here and have a glass of wine. I joined weight watchers a couple of years ago and lost a stone in 5 weeks so i know it works and i can do it. I'm just finding it hard to get motivated this time round. Iv got 18 months to go but really need to lose weight now as don't want a size 18 dress as i'm so short i'll look like a pudding

Aw dont be so hard on yourself!!! i've only got the one little boy, who's 5 and its taken me till now to really start losing weight so I think your doing FAB!!!. Do you have any exercise equipment? I've found even walking on the treadmill when i'm watching the telly is making a difference!

Best of luck misses and think positive, you will do this!!! xxx
    ****Nicola & Graham 27th August 2011****

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    i went to zumba last night and it was fab!! i think we def need to exercise, coz just eating healthily isnt enough. now im finished uni, im going to get stuck into exercising - even if its just on the wii (altho that doesnt burn too many calories) or going for a walk.
    I'm starting zumba on thursday! Quite nervous as have no co-ordination! Been watching videos on you-tube and everyone knows what they're doing! I used to do body attack though and got into that really quickly so hopefully this will be the same! How did you find it? Def need to try exercise as can't do the dieting any longer!
    Lx

I love Zumba, amazing I'm pleased as today I'm less than 11 stone for the first time since probably my early teens! Did have to get a stomach bug to get there, but thats a minor detail lol! Just need a few days now to feel up to getting back to the gym.

Super Senior Member

Aw dont be so hard on yourself!!! i've only got the one little boy, who's 5 and its taken me till now to really start losing weight so I think your doing FAB!!!. Do you have any exercise equipment? I've found even walking on the treadmill when i'm watching the telly is making a difference!

Thanks huni I'm actually going to look on gumtree or ebay tonight for a treadmill or crosstrainer. Hopefully once i'm back to work i'll be too tired to eat or drink lol. I need to get to a size 12 from a 16 if i want to fit into my original dress but think i'm def buying a new one x

I just went to zumba tonight for the first time! Was so nervous as very self conscious and unco-ordinated! Was pleased to see a mix of shapes, sizes and ages there so felt comfortable straight away! And what a laugh once it started! Will be going back tomorrow night!
    Lx

had my first weigh in for 2 weeks and i have not stuck to the diet at all! I mean i have eaten anything and everything. I was expecting a big gain but i have actually lost 1/2lb so happy!! back on the wagon now, only have about 8 weeks to lose the bulk of my weight as thats when my dress fittings start!
    Wedding date 2/10/10

Super Senior Member

Ok Weight Watchers begins tomorrow . Going with my MIL so i'm more likely to stick to it when someone's coming with me to the weigh in lol.
    I did it 3 years ago and lost 2 stone in 10 weeks so i know it works. The wedding was put back a year as i fell pregnant with our 3rd daughter so i was a size 14/16 dress before and now i am needing an 18 so i'm desperate to lose 2/3 stone. I'm only 5ft and 10st 8lb so need to lose some.

Super Senior Member

I'm going to look on gumtree for a cross trainer, cut out the wine and use the wii fit lol