Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss for our weddings!

Quote Originally Posted by meegs View Post
    11 days??? Wow.... Bolloks to the diet, i'd be having as much fun as possible if I were that close. The stress and nerves should work wonders
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs_kerr_2b View Post
    How did you get on Jonsonlou?? i can't believe it's only 11 day till your wedding!!!!
    I have to admit, it is now kind of the last thing on my mind, so much so I didn't even get to the meeting last night. But from what my scales tell me (and don't tell my ww leader!) I've stayed the same. So that's good!

I think the stress must be working wonders, because I've been eating really badly the past week or so, just down to a lack of time, and so far it's not affected me too much. Although I am running around like a headless chicken, so at least that keeps my activity points up!

2lbs off last night.

and that was with a weekend away! 10 more to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_kerr_2b View Post
    2lbs off last night.

and that was with a weekend away! 10 more to go!!
    Congrats mrs_kerr_2b - that's great with a weekend away! Just make sure it doesn't catch up with you this week. I was always really bad for that!

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Well done to everyone here!! Keep up the good work and remember it will all be soooooooooooo worth it in the end:-))) Anyhoo my big sis invited me out last night for a walk just for the sake of a wee bit of excercise and OMG by the time i got home i could hardly move. Started off in knightswood and we were just chatting away and walking along when suddenly i looked up and we were at Oran Mor!! and i thought how the hell did THAT happen? For those of you who dont know the area i think thats about 2 an a half-3 miles!!!! Thought that was a pretty good start. I did cheat though coz i gave up an got the bus home...

Mrs McD2b-x-

LOL.... It's not cheating, it's not pushing yourself too far and scunnering yourself. Another 2.5lbs off this week......
    24lbs and counting.....

Weel done meegs! Keep up the good work. Mrs McD2b-x-

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McD2b View Post
    Well done to everyone here!! Keep up the good work and remember it will all be soooooooooooo worth it in the end:-))) Anyhoo my big sis invited me out last night for a walk just for the sake of a wee bit of excercise and OMG by the time i got home i could hardly move. Started off in knightswood and we were just chatting away and walking along when suddenly i looked up and we were at Oran Mor!! and i thought how the hell did THAT happen? For those of you who dont know the area i think thats about 2 an a half-3 miles!!!! Thought that was a pretty good start. I did cheat though coz i gave up an got the bus home...

Mrs McD2b-x-
    Well done, ! Getting bus back is nothing you done a good walk!! After our wee meet up on saturday i have a meal and night out at kings to see lee mack, i have roped OH into walking home from there! means i can not be too strict with the dinner
    Wedding date 2/10/10

I too am trying to lose a few pounds (stone) for my wedding in august so im going to try and get involved in this thread.
    i tend not to weigh myself for ages though because i feel very disappoint if i do it weekly and there's very little difference.
    tonight I am off up to my brother to use his treadmill while EastEnders is on
    I usually go to body attack on a Thursday night but my friend cant go and i feel like an idiot going myself.
    also tomorrow me and my brother are off on a cycle, so will let you all know how far we go last time i went my butt was killing me for a week

mcb2b - a healthy amount to lose, depending on your starting weight is 1-2lbs per week, so don't be disheartened if you don't see a huge difference week on week. Even 0.5lbs is good! Most scales don't show the half pounds but if you really wanted to be seeing a difference then maybe purchasing a set of those scales would help.

But don't be disheartened if you don't lose something each week, your body unfortunately doesn't lose weight exactly in line with the exercise you're doing or what you've eaten. It does it on it's own timetable and that can be quite annoying!

As in weight watchers, why not set yourself a time each week when you'll weigh yourself. Make sure it's always at the same time, i.e. a Wednesday night (before dinner!) and make sure you don't move your scales too much as this can (apparently affect them). And if you want to be super organised (also read obsessed), make yourself a chart and mark your weight each week, that way you'll see the line going down. I did that before I went to weight watchers but now they track it for me!

Good luck!

something we have also been told to do is measure yourself! Even if you dont show a weight loss you can easily have lost some inches
    Wedding date 2/10/10

ooh really? i will measure myself too then

In need of some help girls. After doing soooooo well on my mamoth walk the other night, i decided to reward myself with a humongous bar of chocolate and now i feel i've just totally wasted my efforts:-((( Seem to be craving chocolate all the time and now feel as though i'm depriving myself. Dont like feeling like this.

Mrs McD2b-x-

well i done a 2 mile power walk on the treadmill (it was on a 15% slope too)
    but then i got soo bored, so gave up and had a cuppa with my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McD2b View Post
    In need of some help girls. After doing soooooo well on my mamoth walk the other night, i decided to reward myself with a humongous bar of chocolate and now i feel i've just totally wasted my efforts:-((( Seem to be craving chocolate all the time and now feel as though i'm depriving myself. Dont like feeling like this.

Mrs McD2b-x-
    I have a selection of chocolate bars I can have if I need a chocolate fix, Freddo (2.5 ww points per bar), Dairy Milk kids bar (the flat one, 2.5 points), Turkish Delight (3 points), Creme egg (3.5 points), Curly Wurly (2 points I think), and apparently new Galaxy Bubbles bars are 4 points.

Cadbury light chocolate mousses are only 1 point which are good too.

Lost another 2.5 lbs this week at weightwatchers, 1.5lbs to go til goal but thinking about revising goal downwards now!! Maybe not with my panic already about getting my dress altered!

Hi vc7 well done you:-))) Almost at target. How long have you got until your day? Mrs McD2b-x-

It's ten weeks today, I'm going shopping next weekend for my wedding lingerie, I'm looking forward to being properly measured and fitted.

Oh lucky you! i cant wait for that (hopefully i will be in better shape by then!

Mrs McD2b-x-

I wonder if anyone else has tried a wee bit of alternative therapy to lose weight? I went for hypnotherapy at the end of January, which was fantastic, and since then the weight's just fallen off me. I've lost about 16lbs without even trying - I take more time on my meals, stop eating when I'm full and I'm much more inclined to go to the gym or walk up 8 flights of stairs instead of taking the lift (when previously getting me to the gym was like scaling a mountain, now I live there)! The best bit is, I'm not depriving myself of anything, I'm literally just eating a little less. I really can't recommend hypnotherapy enough, there's a fantastic lady in Bothwell who does it so if anyone fancies it you can drop me a PM and I'll pass on her details xx

Katie Clare well done you. Thats a fantastic amount of weight to lose in 2 months! Keep up the good work:-))) Mrs McD2b-x-

I considered hypnotherapy, but the price put me off as the hypnotherapist said I'd need a few sessions at 60 a pop. I have heard it works wonders though.

Thanks Mrs McD2B. Vc7, I paid 100 for a session but I got the session recorded so I could take it away with me and listen to it again, apparently it gets progressively more effective. Well worth it I think, it truly was my last resort after trying Alli xx

Another 1 off, 25 in total.... and got my 10% keyring tonight

I had my weigh in last night and 3lb off! thats even after the SWD glasgow girls meet up and having a big lunch. I also ate out that night so i am well chuffed.
    Wedding date 2/10/10

Well done girls, I get weighed tonight, but haven't stuck to it at all and my own scales are showing a slight gain, fingers crossed it's not too bad!

I'm out for lunch on Friday and lunch and drinks with BM's on Saturday so I'm going to need to be very organised to stick to my plan this week. Also lingerie shopping on Saturday, I'll be looking at corsets and bridget jones style pants I think! ;-P

Hi girls,
    sounds like you're all doing dead well I so need to loose weight for the wedding.
    Started Weight Watchers but didn't join or anything just doing it myself at home. Lost a stone so far (over 3 month so I'm taking it slow and am naughty a lot ) want to loose another one...its sooooo hard. I just love everything sweet...and savoury come to think of it...I just love food basically