Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Weight loss for our weddings!

Well done everyone for their super weightloss so far. I'm glad to read the posts and realise there are other people in the same boat as me.

I have lost 2 stones at Scottish Slimmers since Christmas and I feel great. Still got a long way to go but I feel positive that I can get there!

Thanks everyone

xx

Platinum Member

fantastic girls! keep up the hard work. i've lost about half a stone, but got stuck. not really been focussed the last couple weeks, so going to get back into it this week. iv been knackered with work, so been missing the odd zumba class. any ideas on how to get more energy?!?! x

Ahhh I have had a crap few weeks, h2b has not been well (has crohns disease and is off work for now) so it worries and stresses me out, so i eat !! between that and no exercise im not feeling good. BUT me and MOH work together so we have ditched all food from office and are going 2 start from the 1st march! and since thats tomorrow girls im sat on the sofa with h2b with a brew and a slice of cheesecake! enjoy ur evenings.
    wish me luck !! one dress size to go, but its my wall just now and has been for a couple of years! xxxx

Imanaged to lose another 1 and a half last nite loving slimming world sooooo much

Hi girlies,
    I have just upped my food intake and seem to be loosing again..figure that one out *lol*
    I was stuck at 10 stone 9 for month even though I exercised three times a week and walk into work etc, but started eating more two weeks ago and have lost a few pounds, looks like I'd eaten too little (didn't think that was possible) Down to 10 stone 6 now and hope to loose another 6 to reach 10 stone before May. Fingers crossed.

Claire, I heard slimming world is fab, am contemplating joining, My pal did it and she lost a few stone but said she'd never eaten so much in her life *lol*

Good Luck beanage2012.

x
    Anita & Grant 26th of May 2011

Hi Guys,

I'm having a total downer today I want to lose weight for my wedding and also for all of my friends weddings which are coming up soon and I've just put on 4lb! I've started cycling into work to try and get some exercise into my hectic lifestyle, hopefully this will pay off.

I used to do do scottish slimmers in the past and it worked for me but i just cant afford to do it the now whilst saving for a wedding and doing it at home isnt really working as i dont have the same motivation. Hopefully this will turn around soon. sorry for the depressing post just having a bad day.

Nic xx

Don't worry Nic - we all have days like that!

I've been trying to lose weight by going to the gym and healthy eating (which is hard when I've such a sweet tooth). Had been going to the gym loads last week but put on a 3 lbs so was a bit upset about that. However I've also been taking measurements too which I think is a better indication than what the scales say. Manging to lose about a cm a week from each of the key areas - waist, hips, thighs etc.

I always feel better after I've been to the gym but it's summoning up the energy to actually go that's hard. I'm having afternoon slumps most days at work - when your energy levels feel low and a nap would be just dandy! However I'm trying to drink more water and eat less rubbish! Good luck xx

Talking

Ive just bought Aspinalls Cyder Vinegar but not used it yet. Apparently you add a couple of teaspoons of it to a glass of water before your meal to kick start your metabolism. I read it in one of the wedding magazines and it does get good reviews on the internet. Got to be worth a try. Must try it tonight but not sure it will go with my glass of wine.

I work in holland and barrett and we sell a lot of that cider vinegar. I take chromium tablets. Just 1 a day and it balances out ur blood sugar levels so stops my sugar cravings. Im loving slimming world ive adapted to it easily and dont find it difficult to stick to when im out and about. My slimming world groups having am open nite in a few weeks for ppl to come along see what its all about etc before deciding if they r joining up or not. The group I go to is in yoker if anyone wants info on the open nite pm me x

Thanks Anna. I think I'll start measuring myself instead. its really disheratening not seeing the weight come off the scales. I just hope it all pays off in the end

Mini twister ice lollies. If you have a sweet tooth and feel like you want a dessert after your dinner these are great. They are only half a point on weight watchers. Only around 40 cals I think, they don't seem very mini either.

Also options hot chocolates help to satisfy sweet tooth cravings! I also use the olive oil 1 calorie sprays to cook with rather than oils. I like huge portions so I normally add extra vegtables to everything and mix them up with sauces etc. Also use low fat cream cheese in cooking to make creamy sauces with less of the fat.

Super Senior Member Nikigotmarried!'s Avatar

I just finished a 6 week bootcamp last week girls and when they did the post-assessment I had only lost 2lbs, but gained lean muscle and lost 6.5 inches in total, 1.5 of which were from my waist alone. I'm not exactly a curvy girl, but am very conscious that I'm very square - not what you want when you're wearing the dress of your dreams on your wedding day, so I was delighted Don't worry too much about what the scales say. If you watch what you eat and exercise regularly, the inches will disappear

I managed to lose another 1lb at slimming world last nite pleased with that cause the last few days were harder, my friends wee girl is in yorkhill so ive been eating from there etc.