Thread: venue booked! soooooo excited!

Default venue booked! soooooo excited!

Finally booked our wedding,after 7years together,5 engaged!
    We have booked colzium house,just outside of kilsyth!its a council building so works out really reasonable and we pick our caterer,which was very important to us.
    Roll on 19th of July next year!
    Now its the hard part of sticking to our small budget,so lots n lots of DIY.

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmaster2be View Post
    Finally booked our wedding,after 7years together,5 engaged!
    We have booked colzium house,just outside of kilsyth!its a council building so works out really reasonable and we pick our caterer,which was very important to us.
    Roll on 19th of July next year!
    Now its the hard part of sticking to our small budget,so lots n lots of DIY.
    congrats - booking the venue is such a good feeling, like its really happening
    cant wait to see ur diy stuff

xxx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

congratz..... now you can get the ball rolling. Happy planning :-) xx

Yay!!! I get married on the 19th July next year as well. I think you are the only other person on here that shares the date as its a Friday :-) We also have been together 7 years and been engaged for 2 1/2 years. Hope your planning goes well, I have been loving it and just doing it in bits and pieces as the notion takes me. xx

Yeah its been great fun,my mum is a wedding planner,decorator so been to help out at loads of weddings which is a blessing and a curse I think lol.but its been great for knowing where to make savings!and I love diy n crafty stuff!
    Where are you getting married heather?n about it on Friday,its the summer any excuse for a extended weekend lol.

Congratulations! It's a brilliant feeling to book it. The time will fly by - ours is in July 2014 and I sometimes have a wee panic that I won't get everything done!

Congratulations!! So exciting :-)

My fiance mentioned Colzium to me a while back, he had been doing some work there. I'd totally forgotten about it! Lovely venue.

Im really looking forward to hearing about your plans and your DIY, I wouldn't know where to start!

What kind of catering are you going for? I'd like informal bbq style...I wonder if we could have that there?

Congrats again,
    Jen

Congratulations. I'm getting married on the same date as you x

Miss H- we have booked with Henderson's catering in Stirling n were having starters and a carvery main.but I'm sure the could have a BBQ style there.there's space out front n a court yard area too,but u can't use it if its wet coz it can get v.slippy.
    Were hopping to set up games for our village fete style wedding outside.

Just ordered some wooden hearts to make save the date magnets!

mrsmaster2be - Oh that all sounds lovely I was thinking about games for outside...not just for the kids! lol I just don't want to be cooped up in some hotel room all day, if the weather permits us getting outside as much as poss

I'm actually quite gutted just now, had a discussion the other day with my other half and he says now is not a good time to be planning a wedding All I was trying to do was narrow down the venue options and he just never seemed that interested. We've been engaged for 16months and we have a 15month old baby boy plus we've moved home and there's loads needing done here. So I understand that BUT its TWO years away, and other than the venue I wasn't going to do much more until next year...So I'm on a bit of a downer at the moment. Really dissapointed.

Sorry to hijack you're thread especially with all your excitement. But I'd love to read about you're plans and will look out for them

Miss H-aww sorry to hear about the stall in plans,I've been there we've been engaged for 5years started planning twice and had to put on hold due to my health.

Bu this time its happening lol,we've just decided to do it on a small budget (2000) with a bit of help from my mum.so I've been scouring for the best deals on everything and got loads off eBay including my dress(for a ridiculousy low amount).

Colzium looks just as nice as house hotels without the price tag n u can do exactly what u want there.

Congratulations on finding your venue. It's all so exciting. I get married on 19th July next year too. I really can't wait!!