Thread: 10 Weeks Tomorrow!

Default 10 Weeks Tomorrow!

Can't believe how quickly the time has gone! Not been on here for ages- hope everyone's plans are going well.

Well, the invites went out (after blood, sweat and tears) and were well received, but the bloomin RSVPS are not sat in coming back!
    My dress is an absolute dream- I am so glad I decided to get it made, it is going to be INCREDIBLE. So excited about it!
    I bought my shoes- my dream Vivienne Westwood shoes wouldn't fasten over my instep, so I went for the silver glitter Red or Dead Mary Janes. I love them!
    Bridesmaids dresses bought- the first dresses we picked up! And I got them bags instead of flowers.
    Centrepieces have been bought, just need to assemble- they are going to be adorable. Gin bottles with flowers in the middle, surrounded by little glasses with polka dot ribbon (all different colours- pink, lilac, blue, green, yellow) and tea lights, and mini birdcages (pink, blue and green) filled with petals with ribbon on top, then buttons scattered around the table.
    My bouquet is a work in progress, but I'm getting there.
    Cake has been tasted and chosen- I can highly recommend Custom Cakes by Lynsey!
    Transportation has been booked- teal camper van
    We've viewed our incredible venues and had our menu tasting, which was awesome.
    I've bought my lipstick and foundation, and I'm doing my best not to use them! I've also chosen my perfume
    We've started putting together our ceremony and vows, and I keep crying!

I'm sure there are a billion other things left to do, but I'm feeling pretty on top of things!

How are you all doing?

Oh, and we booked our suite for the wedding night- The Big Yin suite at Malmaison. It is STUNNING. There's a bath in the living room, a double shower and a GIANT bed.

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

exciting stuff!

I'll need to look up your shoes, they sound like I'd like them.

I also 2nd Lynsey from Custom cakes....she's lovely, we are going with her. What flavours have you chosen?

We're having vanilla, toffee and chocolate and peanut butter. I loved them all! What about you?

We are having Lemon, choc mint and peanut butter, loved them all as well.

Cant wait to get designing my cake with her

What are you thinking? We're having coloured icing, which she seems really excited about! I think we decided on lemon, pistachio and a kind of blush colour, with fine black ribbon. I'm getting a topper made from Miss Cake- I told Lynsey about them and she got excited about that, too!

I'm still deciding (H2B has given me the all clear to take charge of it myself)

Its looking like it's going to have a bottom layer of black & white damask.... and 2 layers of red Glitter icing (amazing), sugar paste copies of my origami flowers cascading down it......with 2 matching sugar skulls on top

It's going to be mental....cant wait to bring it all together.

That sounds effing awesome!

I was really suprised when H2B gave me cake clearance! I said....can I put ANYTHING on it? Even skulls? and he was like 'yeah, go for it'

Hope he doesnt regret his words!