Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2014 brides

Love how organised everyone is. I'm may 2014 and I know it will just fly in. Trying to do a lot of things myself so the cake etc I willl do closer to the time but so far I've got:

Dress
    venue
    caterer
    rings
    bar
    kilts
    flowers
    centerpieces
    my shoes
    celebrant
    string quartet
    photographer
    favors
    band
    invites
    save the dates
    started on the decorations

I'm not having cars as we are staying virtually next door to the venue. Can anyone recommend hair/make up artists in Perth? X

Super Senior Member

We are March 2014, 8 months to go! We've orangised;

Vanue, dress, shoes, florist, band, hair and makeup, piper, hotel for wedding night, honeymoon flights, photographer, celebrant

Still to organise;
    Pick cake, pick all music, write ceremony, stationary, order bridesmaid dresses (picked pretty much), transport, wedding rings, decide on male wedding party kilts (hire or not), my accessories, gifts, book honeymoon accomodation

Eeeek - thats actually quite a lot I though I was doing well, lol!

Advertisers

Amy it's never too early to get everything booked and I would definitely say that men will think that a month before is too early to book anything, I don't think they really understand the lead times for a wedding and also that suppliers can be booked up 2 years in advance, we are taking 2015 bookings just now! You will also need a clear head for your finals and want to be able to relax before the wedding knowing everything is in hand. If you fancy a night off from the planning and studying and would like to hear some quality live music, Stringsaloud will be playing at Boudoir Wine bar in the Merchant City, Glasgow on Thursday 29th August, might give you some ideas for your ceremony music also checkout our YouTube channel for ideas:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cNoODQppj-z0FUSu9S_Q

We are May 2014 and so far have booked/organised:
    Ceremony/Reception Venue (same place)
    Wedding dress, tiara, veil & wedding shoes
    Bridesmaids dresses & hairpieces
    Kilts - deposits for all hires been paid (groom & dad buying, so holding off until after New Year)
    Cravats & ties (ordered at weekend to match bridemaids colours)
    Wedding rings
    Photographer
    Videographer
    DJ (comes with package)
    Cars (x3)
    Celebrant
    String Quartet
    Magician
    Cake (comes with package, but upgraded)
    Centrepieces
    Photobooth
    Favours (still to get chocolates & make tags)
    Booked hairdressers
    Booked make up artist
    Florist
    Started making Save the Dates

We are pretty organised I think - still got a lot to do, but mainly all smaller things that can get done over the course of the next 9 months. Only bigger things left to do are: decide on flowers, paigeboys kilt (will get next year as he's only 4 months atm!), flowergirls dresses & shoes (getting them next year incase they take a stretch), gifts for wedding party and remaining stationery (invitations, order of day, menu, table plan, signs etc). xx

I'm a november 2014 bride!
    So glad i'm not the only one who's booked things... I'm so excited!!!!

we got engaged in june and we have our church, venue, photographer, car, hair&make up and invites all good to go!

First time in my life I've been so organised lol !! But i love it! xxx

I'm a total nutter I have now everything booked lol apart from cake which will be m&s so no rush there!!

Only thing left Is to decide if I want a piper or not lol

Senior Platinum Member

I'm with you Amy lol! Complete nutter! I have everything apart from ceremony music which hopefully will be sorted in the next few days (just reminded myself I need to send a wee message!) and hair and make up everything else cant be done till nearer the time like order of service invitations and flower girl dresses. oh and rings and buses. but we have our bus prices and have more or less decided who we are booking they just don't take bookings till 1 year before so need to wait till December, and we know what rings were having just need to go and get them! Then all we have left to organise is centre pieces and favours ! Soo exciting lol! xxx

I'm February 1st and have only the cake ( but I have it all planned in my head & know where we're getting it) and the flowers to set out. Feel quite calm.

Hi 2014 brides just wondering if I could bother u all to help my friend win her wedding dress there's a lot I could tell u to make u vote but I really want to help her n don't have all day so could u all go onto Facebook and like the suelise page and also like Laura kennedys comment please to help her win her dream dress as that's all it will be of she doesn't win thank you all soooo much x

How are you all getting on with your planning ladies? How are you keeping the excitement at bay? :P
    Sunday 7th September 2014

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

We booked our videographer the other day, as its one thing I really wanted so that we can see all the bits and pieces we won't get to see on the day! So I'm chuffed with that. Currently on the hunt for a hog roast but price wise it's not looking great!
    Next thing we need to sort are rings, h2b chose his aggggees ago but all the rings I want seem to be obscenely priced so try.ing to find a happy medium! getting very excited, 7 months yesterday!!

We're August 2014 and so far we've sorted:
    venue
    photographer
    band
    save the date cards
    celebrant
    hairdresser
    photo booth
    cake (we were gonna semi-DIY with a M&S one but decided against the extra work. We're having quite a simple one though, three tiers, plain white with love heart sweets placed on) this is one of my favourite things so far!

thats it, actually that doesn't seem like much compared to some lists, better get moving!

Hi!
    We are getting married April 2014 and we have:
    Church & minister
    Venue & caterer
    Dress
    Kilt Outfit
    Hairdresser
    Make up artist...almost
    Band
    Photographer
    Videographer
    I have won my bouquet in a competition but need to sort the rest of the flowers
    Sent out save the dates
    Started thinking about making Invites and decorations

Need to
    Make invites
    Make decorations
    Sort Florists
    Confirm MUA
    Decide what we are doing about cake and cake of cheese
    Wedding rings with Christmas bonus
    Decide/Make center pieces and favours

What else should I be doing?

Oh my goodness, just seen this & now panicking...am June 2014 and have venue & photographer booked!!! Eeeek, am about to book band & caterer so they'll be sorted in next day, decided on my save the dates so will order them too! Spoke to council to sort registrar & licence so that's underway.
    Been trying on dresses so will hopefully have sorted too. Don't need cars, step-mum making cake, still lots to do so better get moving!!!
    Might make a list based on everyone's here keep me right x