Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014 brides

I have my date set and that's about all...know where I'm gettin married and got that provisionally booked, but had a change of venue so don't know where I'm having the meal etc yet!! Hopefully get the venue booked soon, had a lot of other things on that have been more important, but with 18months to go, feel that will come in quick!!

You all seem so organized, although I do know most things that I want just a case of booking and buying!!

Hi this might sound daft but i'm needing some pointers/general advice, 2014 bride :-)
    I'm having my day in my chapel and going to have reception in the chapel hall next door, ive picked outside caterer to come in and feed everyone, have bar organised etc but how do i organise my guests should i hire like a toastmaster or something? Also,
    im hiring a company to decorate the hall in the morning but do i rely on family members to change the room round for the evening guests, hope this all makes sense, we are doing it on a budget but still want it to be a nice day for everyone x

Oh wow, everyone is so organised! We have booked our venue (cereomy & reception in same place)... but that's it. We're July 2014. Just got engaged at the end of June, in Florida it's so exciting! Have trouble sleeping, don't know how this will continue for nearly 2 years...!

Natalie1727 - I would be asking the events team if they could help with the turn over or even if staff from the church hall can do it for you?

I worked as a supervisor in a hotel, and we were responsible for the turn over after the meals were served!!

As the Bride; you and your groom shouldn't have to worry about it as it can be stressful chsnging everything around to accommodate the evening guests!!

Hope everything works splendidly for you x x

Omg ... I love you ladies!!! Im hoping for a 2014/15 wedding and like most have read.. My h2b givesthe the crazy lady look whenever i bring up the wedding Haha. I have done all the research but have booked nothing ... panic has officially set in after reading how organise you all are!! I might have to push out my dates by a year to get my venue :-( not that i have one yet Haha

Quote Originally Posted by SarahLou View Post
    All you ladies seem to be very organised I get married may 2014 and so far booked the venue.... Starting to panic now lol x
    I am in the same boat. Only just booked the venue and we have been engaged since xmas day. Just hadnt been able to find something we fell in love with x

Quote Originally Posted by MrsCornwell2b View Post
    I am in the same boat. Only just booked the venue and we have been engaged since xmas day. Just hadnt been able to find something we fell in love with x
    I got engaged on my 21st which will be 2 years in dec & I havnt booked anything yet, getting married in 18months and feel I still have plenty time, I must be mad as I'm not worrying at all!

[QUOTE=lmckintosh;156197]I got engaged on my 21st which will be 2 years in dec & I havnt booked anything yet, getting married in 18months and feel I still have plenty time, I must be mad as I'm not worrying at all![/

There's no point in getting worried about it. It will all work out in the end :-) x

[QUOTE=MrsCornwell2b;156263]
    Quote Originally Posted by lmckintosh View Post
    I got engaged on my 21st which will be 2 years in dec & I havnt booked anything yet, getting married in 18months and feel I still have plenty time, I must be mad as I'm not worrying at all![/

There's no point in getting worried about it. It will all work out in the end :-) x
    I'm not worrying, A few people have told me I shud be as it will come round quick, but I see it a I've got plenty time! X

[QUOTE=lmckintosh;156351]
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCornwell2b View Post

I'm not worrying, A few people have told me I shud be as it will come round quick, but I see it a I've got plenty time! X
    Yea you def have plenty of time. Have u looked at venues or that? Are you bothered about any particular dates? X

[QUOTE=MrsCornwell2b;156703]
    Quote Originally Posted by lmckintosh View Post

Yea you def have plenty of time. Have u looked at venues or that? Are you bothered about any particular dates? X
    Yeh had a look at a few venues, had ours picked but then changed our minds, so back to looking but hopefully goo to look at 2 venues within the next few weeks! We have our date set as have provisionally booked our church just need to pay the deposit when we get a venue booked! X

Sorry just noticed this! Gwennes in Broxburn stock loads of Mori Lee- service is fantastic is well!
    03//05//2014

Omg...I am reading this thread, and am bricking (REAAALLY wanted to say something away less polite then,lol) it slightly...I have NOTHING booked so far...
    We are in a slightly different position, as quite a lot of our "vendors" are friends and clients of my Dad's so they're sorta sorted...but am panicking a wee bit over the venue (had a mini meltdown in the emotional bit of the forum a few days ago...lol)...my Dad has seen the venue in the flesh, as it were (it's in North Carolina) and says it's great...we won't be going over til Feb time 2013....aaaaaargh!!

Might just have to swear off this thread, as all of you well organised and prepared Brides out there are making me feel dreadfully behind...lol!!

Vx

I thought we were so organised having paid our deposit on our venue, only to meet with our wedding co-ordinator today to be told we will now be subject to a 5% increase for 2014 which we werent told about at time of booking! Also they've changed our package without informing us! In quite annoyed by this :/ x

I'm just starting to plan my 2014 wedding and geting everything booked now! Wondering if I'm way too late now :P
    Sunday 7th September 2014

Hey!!

I'm April 2014 and have got so far:
    Venue
    Flowers
    Venue decor, chair covers etc
    Kilts
    Bridesmaid dresses
    Cake
    Make up
    Hair
    Dj
    Favours
    My outfit except underwear
    Alterations booked
    Registrar
    Photographer
    Videographer
    Wedding rings (which arrive in the next week or so hopefully!! Eek)
    Piper

Think all we have to organise is:
    Junior bridesmaid dresses (got appointment with emmeline couture on sat!)
    Invites
    Fireworks (budget allowing)
    MOG outfit
    Hen night
    Honeymoon
    Gifts for wedding party

I got so excited when we got engaged (march 2012) that I rattled through it! Lol. I'm a worrier to so don't want to stress near the day! Do you think I'm missing anything? We're not having cars as we are getting ready at the venue. I'm so glad it's not just me that is organised! My mum thinks I'm nuts and OH thinks I'm bridezilla!! Haha!
    Laura and Paul, Glenskirlie Castle, 19/04/14

Quote Originally Posted by Nattalie1727 View Post
    Hi this might sound daft but i'm needing some pointers/general advice, 2014 bride :-)
    I'm having my day in my chapel and going to have reception in the chapel hall next door, ive picked outside caterer to come in and feed everyone, have bar organised etc but how do i organise my guests should i hire like a toastmaster or something? Also,
    im hiring a company to decorate the hall in the morning but do i rely on family members to change the room round for the evening guests, hope this all makes sense, we are doing it on a budget but still want it to be a nice day for everyone x
    We've just had our wedding. We rented a large house for 3 nights. Hired a marquee and decorated it ourselves - on the morning of the wedding H2B rounded up guests staying in the house and they set the tables. In the evening, changing from the day layout to evening layout, my husband just asked a few of the male guests and they changed it over within 10 minutes. We had no toastmaster,asked a family friend to be the MC (If you are inviting the priest - maybe he could do it). Next day, we took all the decorations down. It was a good way to get guests, chatting to each other, before the wedding so helped break the ice a bit. This helped to keep costs down.
    So many people said to us afterwards that it was the best wedding they'd been to as it was the most chilled out and relaxing one. The best weddings I've been to have been the ones where everyone mucked in and helped so dont be afraid of asking people to help out.
    Good luck!

Super Senior Member

Also 2014 September. Got engaged Dec 2012.

I have venue, humanist, band, photographer all booked and deposits paid.

I have been looking at dresses and tried on maybe 10 so far. I have not found the one for me yet.

I have ideas for music, flowers, centre pieces, bm dresses, invites and hen. It's all in my iPad.

I am a very organised person I always have been. FiancÚ been great too. I am narrowing things down for him so he doesn't lose interest then he helping me make decisions. Like I viewed 10 venues with my mum then Derek came to see out 3 favourites and he picked the one we booked.

Loving all planning so far and time is on our side 2014 brides so enjoy and shop around.

X

I'm August 2014 - got engaged November 2013

So far I have our venue, music, flowers, cake, make up, florist, photographer, and I have my wedding dress which I got last Saturday! I absolutely love it and it was the first one I ever tried on

Can't believe it's nearly at the 1 year mark... Roll on 2014 girls xxx

Super Senior Member

I'm August 2014 aswell - got engaged December 2013

We've got the venue, caterer, supplier to decorate the room, cake, photographer, videographer, string quartet, wedding dress, save the dates, dj all sorted, and most importantly wedding insurance too!

x

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Hiya!! We get married April 2014 and I'm pretty sure everything is booked (only because h2b is the most annoyingly organised man ever!!!)
    venue, insurance(!!!), minister, dresses, photographer, kilts, band, cake, catering, flowers, chair covers, decorations, favours, save the dates and invitations, make up, accommodation, honeymoon, centrepieces...

what I haven't got is a hairdresser, a few thank you gifts, haven't selected our drinks yet, accessories, shoes and bags for me and bridesmaids, underwear, we are also going to hire one of those lovely post boxes for the day. Probably loads more i can't do til nearer the time ie booking buses, table plans etc!!!

Super Senior Member

I'm May, got engaged in Feb 12.

I've organised venue, caterers, humanist, photographer, videographer, band, florist, wedding rings, make up artist, centrepieces, harpist, wedding insurance, my dress and honeymoon!

Still got lots to do but not too many big things! Xx

I get married August next year, got engaged April 2011, just started planning in February this year once we'd saved some pennies! So far we have the venue, registrar, band, videographer, photographer, make up artist and I'm pretty much decided on my dress which I'm hoping to get ordered in the next few weeks or so. H2B is saying he's going to start looking for his outfit this weekend, he's Irish so won't be wearing a kilt, instead he's after something like what Brendan Flowers from The Killers is wearing in the Mr Brightside video! So glad he found that, his other idea was a bright red zoot suit.......

Super Senior Member

I'm getting married October 2014 (got engaged 14/02/13) and have booked venue, band, photographer, videographer, cake slot and wedding insurance. Still got lots to do but I've got ages until the big day so just going to take my time and get it right x

A wee update on things I've now booked (we're September 2014)..

Venue
    Night before accommodation
    Wedding night accommodation
    Flowers will be booked soon (silk)
    Cupcakes
    Ceremony music
    Favours (vaguely)
    My outfit except underwear
    Registrar
    Photographer
    Videographer
    Save the dates sent out
    Invites are picked and will order nearer the time

Trying to be laid back and relaxed (trying :P) about stuff and not too formal. For example, bridesmaids etc can wear what they want in our colours, do what they want with their hair etc. Same for ushers and groomsmen. Our venue is really nice decor wise so going to keep it simple just by adding some candles and petals.

Trying to ignore tradition and if we don't particularly want to do something, we're just skipping it and doing it our way
    Sunday 7th September 2014