Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014 brides

Default 2014 brides

Hey

Just wondering how organised 2014 brides are? What have you's got booked or planning on booking nxt?

Is there such a thing as looking and booking to early?

Amy

X

Hi,

I'm a 2014 bride and I would say I'm quite organised. We have booked venue, photographer, dance floor and humanist so far and I have ordered my dress. Want to have all the big things booked before I go back to uni for my final year at the end of September.

How are you getting on?

Frankee xx
    Saturday 21st June 2014 - Solsgirth House

I've got venue, humanist, dj , make-up artist, photographer and videographer, chair covers, bm dresses (only cause got an amazing deal) lol currently looking for ceremony music

I'm the same nxt yr is my final yr at uni i dont offically finish till feb 2014 & im getting married in the march, so can't really afford to have my head buzzing with wedding stuff, h2b thinks I'm doing stuff 2 early but I know that it's all gonna be left 2 me

Aaaaggghhh lol

Amy x

You are even more organised than me! Lol, I'm hoping to have videographer, chair covers/any other venue decor, ceremony music, dj, florist and cake all booked before I start back.

Oh how come you don't finish till 2014? Have you got a placement or something? I graduate in June 2013 and marry June 2014 so that will give me a year for all the little details/finishing touches. Also plan on seeing about bridesmaids dresses and H2Bs kilt in June 2013 also.

I'm the same as you, don't want my head buzzing with wedding stuff in my final year although that won't stop me looking when I'm supposed to be studying lol!

Frankee xx

I'll finish in dec but its not officially till the feb, it was a feb intake not the usual summer intake

Aw that's good 2 hear h2b was making me feel like a crazy lady

Amy x

Hi girls. We are getting married in June 2014. So far we have booked venue, photographer, band and a string quartet for during the ceremony. I'm enjoying taking things quite slowly and booking something new every month or so :-)

We also didn't want to book too much before we got wedding insurance in place (got that in mid June). Now we have that I am keen to organise a few more things!! H2B will be pleased! xx

Hi all. we're getting married in September 2014 and I firmly believe on being organised as early as possible; I know what I'm like if I'm not organised - it'd make for a stressful wedding.

So far I've got the venue, chair covers, make up artist, possibly the dress (have fallen in love with it and want it, just not prepared to pay the current asking price so waiting til it's considered 'last year's collection'), headpiece and first dance music.

I've got a massive list (it has everything in minute details)and I try and tick off 2 or 3 things each month.

Im March 2014 and so far have our venue, photographer and dress (got it in a designer sample sale, so couldnt say no!!) and thinking about bands and ceremony music next. I think it makes sense to get things booked early. especially as most places will guarantee their current prices, so saving money in the long run.

Ahh I see Amy-definitely nothing wrong with getting in early especially if that takes off the pressure later on

And I agree with all the other ladies, it's good to book now as you get 2012/2013 prices plus you get first choice of suppliers!

Frankee xx

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

I'm an October 2014 bride! We have booked our venue and humanist celebrant so far. I'm looking at florists, photographers and entertainers at the moment because I want to lose weight before going dress shopping, however, I did find a GORGEOUS dress at the SWD Styling Event in Perth recently and am going to go to Jennifer's Dresses once her new shop opens to try it on! I'm also looking at MOH dresses but I'm not sure whats happening BM wise yet so I'm trying to leave it as long as possible! I don't there is anything wrong with being organised and booking early!! I pride myself on being organised and just getting things done! Like you say, you get a better choice of suppliers, better prices and know that the run up to the wedding will be smoother because it's all done xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

Hi ladies

We are going for April 2014- we only just got enaged on Saturday, but I am already pushing ahead with the planning and have some appointments sorted to view venues. I think some people think I'm crazy planning already, so it's very nice (and a relief) to find that it's not too early at all :-)

Nothing booked so far, but hopefully over the course of the next few weeks we'll secure a venue, a photographer and band.

Hi, We get married July 2014 and I have booked venue, photographer and my car. Im looking to book some more of the big things at wedding show in September or around then. Want to try and book the big things quickly so we get the deals and pay this year's price. My friend got married 3 years ago and when I went to price her videographer he had increased his price by around 400.

All you ladies seem to be very organised I get married may 2014 and so far booked the venue.... Starting to panic now lol x

I get married in October 2014 and so far only have our venue sorted! Hopefully have a photographer sorted in the next few weeks, and started to look at everything else! Been too look at dresses once to get an idea of what i want, had the best fun ever! Can't wait to go back.

I'm the same, Id rather be organised so I can enjoy the run up and not stress about what we have left to do. xx

Hi girls, I get married November 2014 and have just confirmed my venue. Starting to look at everthing else now. So exciting aint it? We just want to book a little bit at a time an enjoy the build up as well as the day. There's sooo much to do tho but i love it. xx

Hi

Im another 2014 bride! Only got engaged last month but wanted to get things booked before other half changes his mind!! Lol
    booked the vu for oct 2014 and took bolt on package! So venue and cars are now booked! Also booked the minister! Plan to try and sort out photographer and band in next few months!! Soooo exciting!

I am also a 2014 bride and everyone thinks I am mad due to the amount of items that I have organised :-) I am so glad that other brides are just as organised :-D good luck ladies xxxxx

I'm an August 2014 bride!!
    People also think I'm crazy for organising so soon so glad I'm not alone!
    We've booked the venue, the humanist, the cake, the band and I've bought all the favours too lol.
    Next few months I'm gonna buy the bridesmaids dresses (one of mines lives abroad so has to be done soon), the florist and the cars.
    Yey!!

I'm also a 2014 bride! Got the venue booked & dress bought -it was The One & I couldn't risk losing it so I bought it! Lots of stuff is being gifted to us ie cake, photographer, H2B suit but in the interest of budget I'm already looking at florists, BM dresses & hair etc so I get best possible idea of how much we'll be shelling out over the coming year & a bit

I am also a 2014 bride. Getting married in April, have just emailed the registry office to find out if they have the date available and what sort of times they have available. Once that is sorted then we will be going to the venue and make sure that they have the venue available. Will maybe try and cost the meal and buffet for the day as well. I have the DJ on standby for the date that we want and a friend has agreed to do the photos for us. We are on a budget and will be making as much savings as we can. I have seen a dress that I like but need to lose weight before I will even commit to buying it. Have seen the invites that I want. So thats me so far!!!

xxx

I am a 2014 bride and so far I have organised... bridesmaids... Was thinking it was too early but you have all spurred me on. I plan to go to a wedding fair in November and have appointments to look at two venues in October but with no time of year or fixed location in mind it is tricky. Suggestions in the Dundee, Fife, Angus or Perthshire areas welcome.

How many venues did you look at? Am tempted by a spring wedding to take advantage of the cheaper rates before April and classic wedding season.

My big day is 03/05/2014. So far have the wedding party appointed venue booked (although am considering changing this and taking on a MASSIVE challenge!!) and have my DRESS!!!! Had been looking at a Mori Lee for aages and my local bridal shop had a special designer preview week and the dress was in and I just knew it was the one. I won't be looking at any others and just know this is it as it is quite different and shows my personality! x
    03//05//2014

Hi Stephanie

Where is your local bridal shop that does Mori Lee dresses? I live quite near west lothian and it would be really handy if there is a dress shop near by with this designer - her dresses are stunning

Lyns x

Super Senior Member AnotherMrsBrown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wysey2307 View Post
    Hi Stephanie

Where is your local bridal shop that does Mori Lee dresses? I live quite near west lothian and it would be really handy if there is a dress shop near by with this designer - her dresses are stunning

Lyns x
    Just looking at this thread and I went shopping on Sat to Gwennes in Broxburn who stock Mori lee dresses and are very good. I wanted to think about my dress and heading back this sat to make sure its the one and pay deposit if i still love it. xx
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker

Hi all.

2014 bride too...

We have the venue booked, band, string quartet for walking up the aisle and during drinks reception and have a meeting with a humanist in the near future too. As soon as we can we will be booking the honeymoon and dress shopping too!