Thread: Stressing about hen night!!!

Default Stressing about hen night!!!

Hey

I am planning on having my hen night on the 22nd of September but I yet have something booked. I had left it in the hands of both my bridesmaids but nothing seems to be organised. A while back they both asked me for ideas which I gave them but one of my bridesmaids isnt even interested in help organise it even though I have spoken to her. My sister who is also my MOH has looked into some things but keeps coming back to me with different ideas to what I had said I would like. its now about 10 weeks away and nothing is planned so I have decided that I am going to plan at least some of it myself so that I can give people an idea as to how much it is. The only thing is I recently went to a hen night for friend who had cocktail making & dinner then the Corinthian & Arta. I really want to do cocktail making but I am worried that people will get bored as most of the same people will be at mine too. I did think about Edinburgh but not sure what are the best clubs.

Anyone have any suggestions? Im sorry for my rambling xx

Super Senior Member

Hey, this has been my latest stress finally got it booked yesterday after weeks of trying to get it finalised poeple saying they could make it then when it come to asking for deposits people pulling out.

There's 15 of us going to Edinburgh for two nights, we have booked 3 apts one sleeps 10 and two sleeps 4, we are having a buff butler on the saturday night, where we are planning on making our own cocktails before heading out and we also all get a club pass for the friday and saturday for different clubs, its working out at 79 per head.

Good luck !!!

X
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Super Senior Platinum Member

I am sure Le Monde do dinner and cocktail making. I don't think it is too expensive either x

Hello,
    For my hen night we went to Le Monde for cocktail making and then dinner and I wouldn't recommend it. The guy taking the 'masterclass' wasn't very good at all. Not very knowledgable and didn't even know what a grasshopper is. He was also very young and seemed to be intimidated by all of us hens (all in our early 30s). Also the service in the restaurant for dinner was terrible. Took the best part of 2 hours for the starters to come. However I would thoroughly recommend the cocktail making/dinner package at the Living Room on George Street. A friend had her hen here and it was excellent! Much more fun than Le Monde, more cocktails were included and the guy taking the class seemed to be a bona fide cocktail expert. The food was also excellent too.

Super Senior Platinum Member

Thats not so good about Le Monde but good suggestion of the living room. I will need to remember that for my hen do x

Might not be anything to worry about!! I'm going on a surprise hen weekend!!

The living room is so good for cocktail making, I've done it and they let you pick pretty much anything off the menu. Also did it at the mansion house in Glasgow but they didn't let you pick your cocktails from a menu and asked outright for a tip at the end. Xx

Senior Member Miss Pinot Grigio's Avatar

I went to Le Monde last summer for a friend's hen do and it was great - nothing like the experience that Emma181 mentions above. I guess for the cocktail making it depends on the bartender you get - ours was great. Then the food upstairs in the restaurant was great, service was very slick for our 3 course meal, we didn't wait a significant length of time inbetween courses. Maybe it depends what time you are booked for? We booked cocktail class for 3pm and probably sat down to dinner at 5.30pm (about 15 hens party size).

You could be right about the timings Miss Pinot Grigio. We did the cocktail class at 3pm, but then didn't sit down to dinner until 7pm, at which point the restaurant was extremely busy. There were 13 of us I think. Maybe eating a bit earlier would mean the restaurant is quiter and therefore the staff more able to cope with the large party. They did give us 2 free bottles of cava by way of an apology for the poor service. And you're definitely right about the bartender taking the class. He was very young (probably about 19/20) and very inexperienced. Also very strict with what we were allowed to drink! In the Living Room the guy pretty much let us help ourselves! Also at one stage I asked to be shown how to make a violet mojito (had one at the Living Room and it was delicious) but the guy said the ingredients to make this were all the way on the top floor and he couldn't be bothered to get them as the lift doesn't go all the way up! I couldn't believe it! I'm sure the whole experience would have been a lot better if we'd had a different bartender.

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

I booked Barca in Princes Square for my friends hen night. It was 25pp and that was for a cocktail masterclass where we each got to make 3 cocktails and a selection of tapas. If you're looking for something a bit different to do..... I went to my friends hen last year. She had book a speedboat trip up the clyde. It was a great laugh. The boat then dropped us off at the hostel we were staying in. Jumpin Jaks is a good laugh. I'd defo recommend booking it in advance as it's only 50p per person. That gets you free entry, Q jumping, a party bag, reserved seating and bubbly.

The main thing is to get the date sorted and let people know when it is and that more info will follow.
    Perhaps you need to decide yourself exactly what you want to do, make enquiries etc, then once you've decided on everything, get someone else to organise it all for you.
    x