Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Our WONDERFUL wedding day, Dundas Castle

I KNEW i recognised your hubby!

Got all weepy reading that and these never make me weepy. Your day sounds wonderful and those evening shoes...wow!

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keb2702 View Post
    Sunday (WEDDING DAY!!!):

and it was a pair of black Christian Louboutins!!
    Please let my H2B do this, please.... I have 1 pair of Louboutins and they are my favourite thing in the world (bar H2B of course)

You looked absolutely beautiful and it sounds like the loveliest few days, I love that you got to spend time with your friends and family in the lead-up. Congratulations xx
    Last edited by carirw; 18-07-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Added to message

Created by Wedding Favors

You look stunning and sound like you had an amazing day!! Massive congratulations!!

What a beautiful wedding report!! (still haven't written mine and I got married 7 weeks ago!) you looked gorgeous. Brings a tear to my eye! My sister got married there 2010 and it really was brilliant!! X

Brilliant report! Like the others I really do feel a bit tearful! Sounds amazing, all these wedding reports make me want to be able to fast forward time to mine lol!x

i dont even know you and I was welling up there reading your report, God knows how I'm going to be at my own wedding, I'll probably be an emotional wreck! sounds like you had the perfect day and you looked stunning! xx

Super Senior Member Mrs_G to be's Avatar

what an amazing report with gorgeous photos - loved reading it - made me well up... your bridesmaids were in the same colour as mine :-) glad you had a fab day.

Getting married on 23/06/12

Senior Member DundasCastleBride2B's Avatar

I actually shreiked with excitement when I saw this thread as we get married at Dundas in 9 days!! So lovely to read your report. It looks like you had a perfect day, congratulations! x
    Mrs M to be

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments! xx

Quote Originally Posted by DundasCastleBride2B View Post
    I actually shreiked with excitement when I saw this thread as we get married at Dundas in 9 days!! So lovely to read your report. It looks like you had a perfect day, congratulations! x
    OMG!!!! It'll be amazing, the staff are WONDERFUL, everything will run like clockwork! Who is overseeing your day? Is it Ricarda? xx

Senior Member DundasCastleBride2B's Avatar

Ricarda is overseeing everything on the day yes. So excited! Is there anything you'd recommend/advise? Loved seeing your pics!

What a gorgeous bride you were and I loved reading about your wedding! Your day sounded perfect and I know how gorgeous your venue is, we were so close to booking it!

Can I ask, where did you get your nails done and where is the amazing cake stand from?!

MTTB
    x

Quote Originally Posted by mrs-taylor-to-be View Post
    What a gorgeous bride you were and I loved reading about your wedding! Your day sounded perfect and I know how gorgeous your venue is, we were so close to booking it!

Can I ask, where did you get your nails done and where is the amazing cake stand from?!

MTTB
    x
    Cake stand is from Truly Scrumptious who made our cake! We hired it from them.
    My nails were done by a lady in our village (Clare Crawford Beauty) before we went to Edinburgh.
    My toes were done at Harvey Nics in the Champagne Nail Bar, which is fab!
    xx

Quote Originally Posted by DundasCastleBride2B View Post
    Ricarda is overseeing everything on the day yes. So excited! Is there anything you'd recommend/advise? Loved seeing your pics!
    Just enjoy it! They will take care of everything! xx

Senior Member Miss Pinot Grigio's Avatar

I like the fact that you made a speech I am giving a speech to do some of the thank-yous (cake, flowers, band, piper all family or friends) but it also gives me the chance to say some nice things about my new husband! What was your speech like, did you speak for long?

Lovely photos and it sounds like you had a fabulous day, congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Pinot Grigio View Post
    I like the fact that you made a speech I am giving a speech to do some of the thank-yous (cake, flowers, band, piper all family or friends) but it also gives me the chance to say some nice things about my new husband! What was your speech like, did you speak for long?

Lovely photos and it sounds like you had a fabulous day, congratulations
    I started by saying a bit about how I was so happy to have everyone there, thanked my parents, and made a few other sentimental thank yous.... then I read a poem I'd written about my husband! It was all in rhyme, quite funny... (well, people laughed a lot so I guess that's a good sign!) I knew if I made it too serious I would cry, a lot! A few people said it was the best wedding speech they'd ever heard! (I don't know about that!)

Senior Member Miss Pinot Grigio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keb2702 View Post
    I started by saying a bit about how I was so happy to have everyone there, thanked my parents, and made a few other sentimental thank yous.... then I read a poem I'd written about my husband! It was all in rhyme, quite funny... (well, people laughed a lot so I guess that's a good sign!) I knew if I made it too serious I would cry, a lot! A few people said it was the best wedding speech they'd ever heard! (I don't know about that!)
    Cool, thanks for sharing! Best wedding speech they've ever heard, wow!

Platinum Member

Your report and photos are fantastic, looks like it was a perfect day xxx

Loved your report!! Was a pleasure reading it. Congrats! and thanks for sharing! x

Fantastic report, the whole event comes alive as you write about it. So pleased you had a wonderful day which you and your family will remember for years to come. xxx

Congratulations! Your pictures are lovely. Have enjoyed reading your wedding report, I get married there next August and have just started the planning process, it just made me smile reading the whole report, sounds like you had a fantastic day x

Wow, just wow! I also had goosebumps! I'm so glad I checked the thread after you'd finished, I dont think I couldve dealt with installments haha. Your cake was truly awesome, you looked stunning, and it sounds like such a fun day, thanks for sharing xx

This thread is making me soooo excited! we are getting married in Dundas in July 2014! photos are gorgeous!! looks like you had an amazing day! xxx

This is so lovely to read! :-) And your photos are stunning! I want to look like that in my dress too so if you don't mind me asking- where did you go for your body wrap and was it the day before the wedding? x

diamond14

Gorgeous wedding, fabulous story!!! I actually remember your husband from masterchef lol he chopped his finger? Love the louboutins and the cake is fab!! X