Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alternative guest book?

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LadyV View Post
    Love this idea...had TOTALLY been set on a signing frame...but might just be stealing this wee gem...

Vx
    Me too!! I had been set on a signing frame but i LOVE the pebbles idea!! I am thinking of doing a mixing of the sands at my ceremony so this would be really nice to go along with it. I think I am also going to do the photo scrap book thing since I love photos!! I have already asked my brother to be the unofficial photographer to try and capture all the little unseen moments

Hi these are all fabby ideas. My mother in law had a wishing tree and guests tied tags on it was beautiful. The tree was a gift and real so they could plant it later as a reminder of their day. They had fairy lights and crystals and made it a real feature to the room xx

Hey everyone!!
    I saw a nice idea, where a bride bought a blank jigsaw, everyone wrote their messages on a jigsaw piece, then it's all put together, and framed...thought that was a lovely idea...!!

Vx

I have a pile of different shades of 2" dye cut kraft cards which I'm asking people to put a few words on and we will put in a huge frame at home. I'm hoping for some cheeky ones!

I've also got a vintage typewriter which I was going to put out and we could put in a DIY photo book or something. I'm not 100% decided yet, but it's there if I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakbeatbaby View Post
    I have a pile of different shades of 2" dye cut kraft cards which I'm asking people to put a few words on and we will put in a huge frame at home. I'm hoping for some cheeky ones!
    That's a great idea...And even if there are a few rubbish quotes (am not really painting a good pic of my friends and family here...but I reckon some wouldd write some FILTH/rudeness...LOL!!) then those cards can just be left out...whereas there's NO getting away from those messages on a flipping FRAME!!!
    Yeah...that's a REEEEEEALLY good idea!!
    Vx

When a friend of mine got married they had a regular guest book but also a large photo frame that everyone wrote messages on. They then put pictures of their special day in it and had all the lovely messages from friends and family all around the frame.

Super Senior Member

We are going for a signing frame with a picture of us in the middle. I'm the same, I hope no one writes anything inappropriate because I want to frame it and put it on our wall x

Mrskerr2be

I know this isn't exactly DIY, but when I was at a wedding fair yesterday there was something called a 'videobook' where a stand with a webcam is set up and then guests record messages. The bride and groom get a copy of it beforehand and can ask for any inappropriate ones can be left out before it's upload online and all the guests can view it.

Although you could do that with DIY and a webcam/camcorder type area.

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lawmummy View Post
    I know this isn't exactly DIY, but when I was at a wedding fair yesterday there was something called a 'videobook' where a stand with a webcam is set up and then guests record messages. The bride and groom get a copy of it beforehand and can ask for any inappropriate ones can be left out before it's upload online and all the guests can view it.

We're getting this with our videographer, got it free at a wedding fare with their silver wedding package

Xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Super Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by lawmummy View Post

I think we were at the same wedding fayre yesterday as I seen this at the Westerwood hotel.

Mrskerr2be

Yeah that was the one, we went to the fair for ideas, not even to look at the venue and ended up booking the venue and not really noticing much of the suppliers!

I'm going to have a wisdom tree, for our guest words of wisdom for us.then get a nice scrap book to put them in.

And I like the finger print tree but was thinking of doing the UP house , from Disney pixar ! I love Disney and need to get it in there somewhere lol.it will be really colourful too.

:-)

we had a finger print tree and bought a few different coloured inks to make it look really autumnal so it can be done to match your wedding colour scheme. i would really recommned it as it looks beautiful hanging in our living room. it was quick to do as we had it on a stand for people to pass as they were waiting in the recieving line. It was also a really good talking point. Everyone loved it and even the children got to participate. We now have a fingerprint of everyone who came to our wedding down to the youngest guest at 9 months!!

Advertisers My Cocktail Masterclass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyV View Post
    That's a great idea...And even if there are a few rubbish quotes (am not really painting a good pic of my friends and family here...but I reckon some wouldd write some FILTH/rudeness...LOL!!) then those cards can just be left out...whereas there's NO getting away from those messages on a flipping FRAME!!!
    Yeah...that's a REEEEEEALLY good idea!!
    Vx
    That's a great idea... I was at one where there was a big pile of retro post cards, all with slogans and a bit of character (like this http://www.thepostcardcompany.co.uk/..._postcard.html) where everyone had to write something on the back. It was then going to be put together on their wall in their new house. leaving the option for showing, hiding the messages.

All really good ideas though. Actually never seen the tree before, but I imagine that'd be great as a focal point.
    Keep on shaking...
    Come and join us