Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The final countdown!!!

Default The final countdown!!!

Well girls, we are exactly 1 month away from "I do". Today 4 July - Independence Day; 4 August - Wedding Day - is there something in that?!

I'm sure that one of the other b2bs posted every day in her last month of planning / build up to the wedding, so I thought I would do the same. It might be a laugh, but I expect it will prove to most of you that you are all so much more organised than we are....

Woken up to another grey soggy day. Seriously, how much more of this can I take? PLEASE can someone have a word with "him upstairs" and tell him that the west of Scotland is well watered and suggest he take the rain somewhere else that needs it!!! Better not be like this next month.

Today's wedding plans are to visit a lady from church who has offered to take pictures of me & BM getting ready on the day, so I'll report back later on. She is a good photographer so I'm not worried about that, think it's really kind of her.

Bye for now x

How exciting! Enjoy today and I'll watch out for your updates

Super Senior Member

That's such a good idea. Can't wait to read your updates x

This does sound like fun - I have only just joined the forum and loving it so far.

Super Senior Member

I joined 3 days ago and never off the forum

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

I like this idea

Day 1 - after a particularly gruelling Step class, off I went to see this lady about taking photos at the house and looked at some of the other weddings she had done - nice work & she is more than happy to get involved. So that means we can have some photos at home, with dogs - and cats - before we leave!! Starting to get very real now!! Filled in a form for my youngest for an event after W-day and wrote my married name for the first time (not a signature because I believe that's bad luck!) but in capitals - looked strange but very exciting all at the same time!! Feeding time at the zoo now so bye til tomorrow xx

Day 2 - taken dress to get it altered, taken in at the bust which will apparently be straightforward and cost no more than 10. The whole underwear question is still bothering me - either braless or stick on seem to be my only two options but someone did suggest some tape from ASOS? Any one know anything about that?
    Also been across the water to meet up with Mum and bought candles, fabric & gold wire for our table decorations. Looked at flowers too as we are definitely making our own bride's & bridesmaid's bouquets and decorating the flowergirl's basket.
    Have also made a decision about make up - doing my own & have told MUA who quite understood. Now I will practice at home! perhaps the teenage daughter will assist? That is, if she gets at all involved......... still very anti-wedding.
    NWR - my youngest has a school friend in Yorkhill who is not expected to last the next 24 hours, so it somehow seems a bit inappropriate to be excited about a wedding when there is a very sick girl and a distraught family.
    Til tomorrow x

Day 3 - nothing particularly weddingy today. Dress is already done & ready to collect! 4 weeks tomorrow - wow! How did the time go so fast?

Loving your updates, myths days are closing in until my big day it's all a bit mad ... Look forward to catching up with more of your updates x
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Super Senior Platinum Member

Louisa your updates are brilliant, keep them coming x x

Day 4 - spent pm with a dear friend from uni days (we first met back in 1985 which shows how old we are!) and her parents. Unfortunately she cannot make the wedding as she is abroad but it was lovely to natter and catch up and reminisce. Her poor Mum has dementia which is sad. She asked me lots of weddingy questions and it was lovely to be with her. I left h2b at home with a friend and came back to find several empty bottles & an incoherent wreck who is walking about this morning looking dazed!!!! oh dear, nae sympathy from me!!
    NWR - the wee girl in my son's class at school died last night, aged just 9, it's not fair.

Oh Louisa what terrible news about your sons friend. X

Life is so cruel - hugs, thoughts and prayers to the girl's family and friends x

Day 5 - today - not a lot of wedding excitement with the news of little Aillidh's death. How unfair life can be.

However, have ordered new bowtie for h2b & think have found a tie which matches BM dress for her OH and also my eldest boy, who is giving me away. He is meanwhile at TITP and doesn't care about ties!! End of last week also bought a tartan tie to match h2b kilt for the Best Man who wanted to wear a suit but "with a Scottish accent"! He is Polish and said he wouldn't wear a kilt so is going to be in a suit but no idea what colour! So that's the neckwear (have I just made that up?!) sorted.

Need to speak to photographer (friend of h2b who is the local press photographer) as I am sure he said he was going away mid-July and is not back until day before wedding - help!!

Also need to speak to friends who have said they will provide transport.

The list continues to grow.........

The joys of organising your day louisa and I am sure the list will have a few more things on it before the big day lol x x

Day 6 - boring day! not a wedding thing in sight! eldest son returned from TITP and house now full of smelly washing & mud!!! have eaten so much rubbish recently I really must get back on track. why have I got a sweet tooth? and a love of cheese? and wine?! and just food in general.......

Day 7 - is this getting boring? I'll keep going for sake of completeness and like Mastermind "I've started so I'll finish".

Today the bowtie & ties to match BM dress arrived. Decided I like online shopping so have ordered a wedding umbrella/parasol!! Also looked at thank you cards for bridal party and once again reckon I'll be best online although as I am in Glasgow on Saturday I'll look there too.

Am v excited but also bit worried about Saturday - I'm going to get h2b's pressie - courtesy of Beautifully Boudoir and the combination of me hating my photo taken and hating my body will be a challenge to them. However, perhaps they'll cure me of one or other phobia?! And of course it's the perfect excuse to buy more undies!!!

Bye for now xx

Day 8 - rediscovered lace shrug I bought from Amazon and tried it on over dress (on hanger) and think it will be a good match if I need it. Written a few more invitations to church only. Will collect my veil tomorrow; wonder what it will look like on.......

It is all coming together louisa, I am really enjoying your updates keep them coming x

I just thought I should let you know that I am enjoying reading your updates so please keep going!

i too am enjoying the wee reads - i have a year to go so that might get boring - but a month is exciting!

Day 9 - what is this yellow thing in the sky? could it be that today is the first sunny day for weeks - and I am going to spend it in the car !!! Dunoon - Dundee - Dunfermline - Dunoon. Oh well, can't be helped. Off to get ferry, will let you know what the veil is like later - and possibly even a wee pic, if I can make the technology work. Have a good day girls!! x

Brilliant updates. hope all goes well today x

Good luck for today, update us on your veil later x