Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The best day of my life! 27/05/2012 Kimbo's wedding report!

Supplier report:

Kudos Edinburgh- really lovely bridal shop who have been so helpful in helping me find my perfect dress and then storing it for free for 9 months and fitting it so it fitted like a glove! Fabulous service!

Flossy and Dossy: The BEST dressmaker in Glasgow! Shw knew exactly what I was looking for and made my perfect bridesmaids dresses just from a description I gave her. And all at an amazingly low cost, it really helped with having 5 BMs! She also made my mums outfit from 1 photo, she is just so talented

Victoria Bisland, our Humanist: She was so helpful in the run up to our wedding! Whether meeting for coffee or answering emails, she helped us make a really personal and meaningful ceremony which I loved! Not one bored guest !!

GlamRDust: Gillian and Shona are fab! My bridesmaids, mum and I all felt a million dollars thanks to these girls. The odds were against us with the weather (roasting sun= flat hear and shiny faces) but every hair stayed in place and I couldne believe how wellthe makeup lasted! I will def use these girls again!

Western House- fabulous service, fabulous location and they really helped make our day special! It ran like clockwork! Laura the coordinator on the day was fab!! So helpful!

Angelfins wedding stationery! Really beautiful bespoke stationery! She, at no extra cost, did my stationery in all different pastel shades to complement my bridesmaids. It was so beautiful and I highly recommend her!

Julie Lamont photography: Julie is fab and a really lovely woman! I KNOW our photos will be amazing and cant wait to see them!

Gryffe Weddings Videography- (Angelfins husband!!)- Steven was great on the day! I totally forgot he was there, he just filmed very quietly in the background and my DVD id FAB! Ill post my highlights montage at the end of my report!

Apollo String Trio: gorgeous music that really complemented my garden party feel that I was going for! The guests loved them and they really added something special to our day

The Magic Renz- what a cool guy! Amazed my guests with his 'cool' magic! No tophats or rabbits in sight! Groomies friends were well impressed!

Blue Parrot Events- lovely chair covers that looked fab!

Aurora Wedding Band! Words cant describe the talent that pours out of these guys! From 50's soul to Take That to Daft Punk, they were AMAZING, so FAB! I want to have a big event just so I can hire them again!!!!!

Dees Dancing! Great fun first dance lessons that helped us stop looking like prats on the dancefloor

Ayrshire Hospice wedding favours- theit lottery tickets! One guest even won 10!! I was glad to help such a fabulous charity

I hope I havent forgot anyone and I hope that is helpful for some people

I was so lucky with talented friend and family. My chief Bridesmaids mum did all our flowers at cost price and they were fab! The cake was amde by friends and family and M's childhood friend was amazing as our piper!

Here is a link to our wedding highlights video by the fab Gryffe Weddings! It really caught the fun feel of our day!!

Congratulations! Your photos look at amazing. What a wonderful idea of having your bridesmaids all in different pastel colours. Have to say though your dress is absolutely stunning. If you don't mind, could you tell me who your dress is by? x

Its Sweetpea by Charlotte Balbier and I bought it in Kudos Edinburgh! It was such a fun dress to wear! Kept me cool on the sweltering day we had and I didnt need to worry all day about my train! Was able to dance so easily!

Thank you so much. It just looks so fun and as you say, perfect for dancing! Off to have a wee look on the tinternet now...

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
    Thank you so much. It just looks so fun and as you say, perfect for dancing! Off to have a wee look on the tinternet now...
    I have sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    Here is a link to our wedding highlights video by the fab Gryffe Weddings! It really caught the fun feel of our day!!

Aww, I watched with a lump in my throat and I don't even know you! How happy and beautiful you looked and fantastic dresses for your BMs! Made me very impatient though, 29th March is still ages away for me! X

Fantastic video, it looks like you had a brilliant day. Congratulations.

Thanks for posting this photos look lovely and has def made me think about getting a dvd. Another girl posted on here recently that she was disappointed in her wedding at westernhouse and i started to panic a bit as we get married there in 6 months, but your report has made me excited again!

Senior Platinum Member

absolutely love your report - what an amazing day you both had, i think you both look soo happy and no wonder with the gorgeous weather - thats the only think i am worried about because 15th june this yr was miserable so it better be nice next year!! lol

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by missg View Post
    Thanks for posting this photos look lovely and has def made me think about getting a dvd. Another girl posted on here recently that she was disappointed in her wedding at westernhouse and i started to panic a bit as we get married there in 6 months, but your report has made me excited again!
    You have nothing to worry about, they are fantastic! I really recommend getting a DVD- I don't know if it's the adrenaline, but the day goes so quickly and I can't remember certain things! I just got my DVD and its so fab, a great way to remember your day!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs breslin to be View Post
    absolutely love your report - what an amazing day you both had, i think you both look soo happy and no wonder with the gorgeous weather - thats the only think i am worried about because 15th june this yr was miserable so it better be nice next year!! lol

xx
    Thank you!! The weather really helped make the day what it was! And don't worry, 27th may last year was a washout and look at the day I got!

Senior Platinum Member

Thank you!! The weather really helped make the day what it was! And don't worry, 27th may last year was a washout and look at the day I got!
    this fills me with hope - i know last 15th june was nice so hopefully this yr is a blip in our scottish weather system haha!
    you must be so happy with everything - your video was beautiful too, looked like you guys were in america because of the weather!

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

oooo you have very good taste Carol!! Which is your dress? And Wendy is amazing she will not let you down! What kind of BM dresses did you do for? PM me if you dont want this info public!

Sorrento is lovely, we stayed at the Hotel Bristol in their private villas-amazing!! You MUST go to L'Antica Tratorria while in Sorrento, AMAZING food!!! And the staff are fantastic! There is a wee man who plays mandolin at night and he is fab!!

More report tonight!!! With pics of my lovely husband and the restof the day!
    My dress is Justin Alexander 8465 in the coffee. Can't wait to wear it
    I've went for knee length 50s style dresses similar to yours but with a high neck in dusky pink.

Just noticed another supplier - we have Aurora too! xx

Quote Originally Posted by carols_corner View Post
    My dress is Justin Alexander 8465 in the coffee. Can't wait to wear it
    I've went for knee length 50s style dresses similar to yours but with a high neck in dusky pink.

Just noticed another supplier - we have Aurora too! xx
    Gorgeous dress! I loved this one too! You will love aurora they are beyond amazing!

Super Senior Platinum Member

It is a beautiful dress x x

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Congratulations!! You all looked amazing and it looks like you had a perfect day! All the best for your future together xxx

omg your wedding is gorgeous love the dresses and cake so pretty !!

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

congratulations! u looked gorgeous xxx

Quote Originally Posted by sapphireblue View Post
    omg your wedding is gorgeous love the dresses and cake so pretty !!
    Thank you! You are all being so kind!

Just watched your video and it was fantastic! Really looked like you had a fab day. Your dress was gorgeous and you looked stunning. xx

Your wedding looks so perfect! I saw some video clips of it on apollo strings quartets facebook page and thought it looked familar to your photos! Im having them at our wedding in march although i dont think ill get your sunshine! Congratulations!

Stunning!! Love the contrast in colors with the bridesmaid dresses loving the styles. Loving pics all the best!! Thanks for sharing! x

You looked beautiful - so refreshing to see an unusual dress like that, and the weather was perfect for wearing it!

We had Aurora and Gryffe weddings too at our wedding and were over the moon with both

xx

Quote Originally Posted by ***kirsty*** View Post
    You looked beautiful - so refreshing to see an unusual dress like that, and the weather was perfect for wearing it!

We had Aurora and Gryffe weddings too at our wedding and were over the moon with both

xx
    Thank you! I know they are both fab! I sooooo want to see aurora again!