Thread: Our Perfect Day - 22nd June 2013 - Solsgirth House

Default Our Perfect Day - 22nd June 2013 - Solsgirth House

Hi All

Me and my husband are now Mr and Mrs Love and loving it! We had the best day of our lives, an unforgettable day with all the great people in our lives!

Not one supplier let us down on the day, everything was perfect! Here's a run down of the day and suppliers we used along with some pics

I managed to get some sleep the night before given that I had to sleep with my hair in rollers. The day started with pancakes and strawberries whilst getting hair and make up done by the girls at Sheared Secrets in Polmont who were fantastic! A couple of glasses of champagne later and all of a sudden I was in the car provided by A1 wedding cars with my dad. The cars were spotless and the drivers were very professional making sure that we got into the car with no mishaps.

The journey there was pretty nerve racking but my dad did great at keeping me distracted whilst I gave him a narrated tour of the sights of Falkirk on the way (he is from SE England)

When we arrived at Solsgirth, Bob and Maisie from Bob Dougal Photography were waiting along with my bridesmaids. Bob and Maisie were great throughout the whole day, taking such a variety of pictures and being very patient with guests running about! We haven't seen the pictures yet but we can't wait! They were very professional but helped to keep us relaxed and have a laugh on the day.

We had a humanist ceremony conducted by Peter Macdonald where we wrote our own vows and ceremony. We chose to say our vows through handfasting and we drank from a quaich. Our guests commented on what a unique ceremony we had which we were so chuffed at because that's what meant the most to us. Peter was brilliant and did so well engaging with our guests whilst conducting the perfect ceremony for us.

The flowers were provided by Tanya at Evergreen Flower Hire. They were artificial flowers but looked amazing! I ket my bouquet and hired everything else. Tanya was also brilliant to deal with and kept in contact along the way.

My dress was "Desirae" by Maggie Sotterro from The Marriage Room in Bathgate, the service here was great and everything ran smoothly. My bridesmaids dresses were made by one of my bridesmaids sisters which we designed together.

My husbands kilt was from Stewart Highland who provided a good service organising the kilts with us, unfortunately there were a couple of buttons that fell off of the jackets, but this happened later in the evening so didn't moat on photos etc but was a little disappointing.

The meal at Solsgirth House was exceptional, the best wedding food I have ever experienced and a lot of our guests also said the same.

We moved down to the Pavillion for the evening reception where we had a band with Ceilidh provided by Replay music group. I remember how great this band were when I first saw them at a Hireaband showcase, however on the night they blew me away. I could not get myself off the dance floor! They had cute matching suits on and played such a diverse range of songs including songs that you wouldn't expect from a wedding band like Rihanna, Eminem and Justin Timberlake. There was a good mix for everyone and the dance floor was never empty. The Ceilidh was hilarious as they are! Our first dance was Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden and the band played it beautifully.

We had a photo booth provided by ForeverFunFotos which was absolutely 100% worth it! It was so much fun and our guests loved it! We got a USB of all the pictures at the end if the night which I thought was a great idea.

The evening food was a scottish buffet serving sandwiches, baguettes, stovies, steak pie and haggis, neeps and tatties. 5* food and service from the staff. The food again was another compliment from guests saying that it was the best they had ever had.

We did not want the night to end and headed up to the suite about 1.30am absolutely exhausted! We loved having full exclusivity of Solsgirth House and moving around the venue for different aspects of the day.

The whole day just ran completely perfectly and we cannot fault a single thing! It was a great feeling to know that the time, effort and money that went into this one day was well spent and definitely worth it! Memories of a lifetime!

Fair to say I have severe wedding blues but am very happy now in married life and looking back on photos and sharing stories of the day with everyone!

C x
    Last edited by Charmaine88; 17-07-2013 at 07:03 AM. Reason: iPad changed unrecognised words

My dressClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	9541

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	202 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	9542

Views:	106 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	9543

Views:	141 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	9544

Views:	106 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	9545

Views:	104 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	9546

Views:	101 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	9547

Just to confirm, these aren't the professional photos! Lol x

Super Senior Platinum Member

Congratulations, what beautiful pics x

Wow great photos and what a lovely report. Sounds like you had a perfect day. We are also getting married at solsgirth next year and have booked bob and Maisie too!! We clearly have similar tastes!! Thanks for sharing such lovely photos x

Thanks! You will have a fantastic day! Everyone does on their wedding day but there's something about this place that makes it extra special!

C x

Super Senior Member Mrs_G to be's Avatar

congratulations - love your report and you look gorgeous - the cake is amazing :-)

Getting married on 23/06/12

Congratulations you's look absolutely fab!!
    Xx

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Congratulations. You look beautiful xx
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Super Senior Member

Congratulations!

Loving the cake!