Thread: Wondering whether we can afford a band!

Question Wondering whether we can afford a band!

Hi everyone!

I am starting to get into booking a few things after a bit of a break post venue booking. I always planned to get a ceilidh and then dj for my wedding but fiance has recently suggested a ceilidh covers band. I would be keen to make it work as so far wedding plans are my dream come true but we have quite a strict budget for this-800 max!

I have been touch with a few bands so far and all seem significantly above this! I was wondering if anyone knew if there were a few bands in this range. My favourites so far are something blue and little red wedding band so I think we would love a female singer and a band that can cope with a 1 hour ceilidh set minimum.

If anyone knows of anything in this budget I would really appreciate it!
    When love feels like magic, you call it destiny.
    When destiny has a sense of humour you call it Serendipity

Hi,

Contact East Coast Entertainment, speak to Andy Donnelly...he is very helpful and been brilliant with us. I'm sure he will do everything to help you.

Nikki

Or I can private mail you his contact number....let me know.

we are having pentland band, they r ceilidh and dj n ive been quoted 800 just google them they r very helpful

Platinum Member

I agree, Andy is great. Gail at Hireaband is also so helpful. And the best thing with speaking to the agencies is they recommend bands based on your criteria and budget who are definitely available on your date which saves SO much time and hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik1973 View Post
    Hi,

Contact East Coast Entertainment, speak to Andy Donnelly...he is very helpful and been brilliant with us. I'm sure he will do everything to help you.

Nikki

Created by Wedding Favors

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

The vinyl countdown showband are a ceilidh/covers band. They have a female singer and are pretty reasonable.

Senior Member mrs forsyth to bee's Avatar

three card trick are slightly over that and they are fab!at first we where thinking 700 max but i never found any1 i liked at that price vinyl countdown are good aswell they give you a set price for everyone its on there website ps we dealt with andy at coast if you tell him your price range he will help you as much as he can x

Thanks everyone. I have gotten in touch with Andy and he has given me a few choices. So difficult to work out how much more to go I didn't think they would be so expensive. May need to stretch my budget! I do like that vinyl countdown put their prices online. Don't understand why so many suppliers refuse to do that.

Guess its time to start arranging to go hear a few!

nearlymrsT

We are having Jiggered Ceilidh band, they are a 4 piece and their singer, Jenny has a lovely voice and acts as Caller for the ceilidh dances. We are paying 700 for four hours, we booked them over a year ago so the prices may have increased.

Advertisers

Try The Menu at www.themenuband.co.uk - they may do a deal for you. Good luck x
    Quote Originally Posted by 2013bride View Post
    Hi everyone!

I am starting to get into booking a few things after a bit of a break post venue booking. I always planned to get a ceilidh and then dj for my wedding but fiance has recently suggested a ceilidh covers band. I would be keen to make it work as so far wedding plans are my dream come true but we have quite a strict budget for this-800 max!

I have been touch with a few bands so far and all seem significantly above this! I was wondering if anyone knew if there were a few bands in this range. My favourites so far are something blue and little red wedding band so I think we would love a female singer and a band that can cope with a 1 hour ceilidh set minimum.

If anyone knows of anything in this budget I would really appreciate it!

Senior Member mrs forsyth to bee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2013bride View Post
    Thanks everyone. I have gotten in touch with Andy and he has given me a few choices. So difficult to work out how much more to go I didn't think they would be so expensive. May need to stretch my budget! I do like that vinyl countdown put their prices online. Don't understand why so many suppliers refuse to do that.

Guess its time to start arranging to go hear a few!
    i loved that too but eventually i choose three card trick they would have been my 3rd choice as my first little red where already booked x

Thanks everyone I have ran it passed H2b and we think we are going to have to budget more. It is not that we cant afford it just resent how much everything costs! As you say Mrs Forsyth to bee a band around the 700 mark just doesnt seem possible incase you go down the ceilidh/ dj route. We would like a full band as I organised a ball at my venue last year with that set up so want my wedding to have something a bit special to stand out from that day.

We have decided to check out little red and something blue as they are the two that stand out to us. Its a bit more but I would rather spend a bit extra and be happy with my choice I think. My mum will kill me if she finds out price though x