Thread: Shoe stress....

Default Shoe stress....

Hi Girls,

Really stressing over shoe colour for bridesmaid dress. I have chosen a colour called Topaz and cant seem to find a right shade... I am thinking about trying ivory but not sure if it would clash too much, the only thought behind it was that the girls are wearing pearl bracelet and a pearl brooch where the fabric is gathered at the side so the whiteness of this would even it out.. however they all think it wouldn't work!

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/2854

anyone have any ideas??

Thanks, xxx

Super Senior Member

I think ivory would be fine or cream...you could always get the shoe's dyed to match the colour of the dress !!! xxx
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

Those dresses are gorgeous. The colour of the dress is very soft and neutral so I think cream or ivory would look really nice especially if the girls are wearing pearl accessories. Because the dresses are long you probably won't see them much anyway.

I was toying with the idea of getting my BMs shoes dyed but it was working out quite expensive. My BM dresses are olive green with a white sash and bow so I think white shoes will look fine.

That's a really nice colour. For that colour i reckon it would be nice to have the shoes dyed to match x

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

I'm sure I saw shoes that colour in Debenhams yesterday.

Senior Member Miss Pinot Grigio's Avatar

Gorgeous dresses I clicked the link and noticed on the right hand side they do flat pumps in the shade to match - did you consider this or are you keen on heels? I agree with the others, ivory will be fine (probably not noticed too much under a long dress either!)

i got shoes from dorothy perkins in a similar colour to this. I bought them from their site.

Thanks girls!! Ive ordered the swatch and going on a mission lol! I think ivory will be fine but we'll see. Ive looked into the dye service i know john lewis do it but their prices are so expensive... 2 of my bridesmaids are tall so considering the flats for them and my sister and sister in law are both wee ( my sisters 4ft 11 so she's always in platforms)

Ill see how it goes just wanted some re-assurance that if i put them in ivory not every guest would think "Why??"

Never wanted to get stressed over a shoe, i was 4 months exactly 2 days ago and times getting away from me a bit.

xxx

A pale pink/mink colour would go nice with this dress - what about - http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens-pale-p...ep/1222023370/

My bridesmaids are wearing the silver version with amythest dresses. The contrast is really nice. At least with Schue you can go in and hold the dress against the shoes for ideas!

DD x

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags82 View Post
    i got shoes from dorothy perkins in a similar colour to this. I bought them from their site.

I think i know the shoes that you are meaning, these are the other ones i had in mind when i suggested a mink colour. I think that out on the high street armed with a sample you will find shoes no problem. x

Quote Originally Posted by ditsydaisy View Post
    I think i know the shoes that you are meaning, these are the other ones i had in mind when i suggested a mink colour. I think that out on the high street armed with a sample you will find shoes no problem. x
    These are the mink ones i remembered from DP -

http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp...ents=category~[212609|208738]&noOfRefinements=1

Although they only have them left in a 7 & 8 which may not be much good to you x