Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just over a year to the wedding and a positive pregnancy test! Eeek

Aw what a difficult position to be in. I hope you have all the support you need from your nearest & dearest when you're able to share your news with them! :-) xx

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup Belle View Post
    Aw what a difficult position to be in. I hope you have all the support you need from your nearest & dearest when you're able to share your news with them! :-) xx
    Haha yeh when I am able to I'm sure I will.

The scan is Thu next week but at my age there are some tests that will be undertaken and I may not know the results for 2-3 weeks. I don't think I can keep it a secret that long lol. I would have already had to keep it secret for a month by then lol.

I have two nights out, on the Fri and Sat after the scan, one with girls from work and the other with my girlfriends and if I'm not drinking, they will defo suss it so think I have to tell folk after the scan etc, all going well.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by louisa67 View Post
    Hi amoricksen, only just seen this thread. Hope you are keeping okay and finding things to do to keep your mind off your wait for results. Regarding employment rights, if you do get offered the job, give ACAS a call and ask them what your legal position is re-maternity benefits. You'll find their number in the phone book or online. Good luck with everything xx
    Sorry Louisa67, just noticed your post. I'm keeping fine thanks, actually feeling more normal this week which I am told is a common thing, but you start to worry as you don't feel pregnant any more lol. I'll check out ACAS but this job is a contract position with no maternity. I get paid a daily rate and if I take a day off I don't get paid for it, so I don't think I would be entitled to anything.

I think I'm just going to be honest with the agency and tell them that I could be pregnant and wont know for certain till next week. If this means I lose out on the job then I can handle that. I think starting a new job when pregnant isn't a good idea so I think if everything goes ok next week then I will have to turn it down. If I had a bad pregnancy and was sick a lot, I wouldn't be paid for time off and wouldn't get past the three month probation. Too much of a risk.

Thanks very much for the advice tho, I will definitately look into it just in case.

Platinum Member

Hi all, just a wee update.

I had my scan appointment on Thursday and I am definately pregnant, woohoo, around 9 weeks. We got a good scan photo, considering how small the baby is.

I wish it was a bit further along, just because there is still bigger risks at under 12 weeks, but I am happy that it's all been confirmed.

Told the family on Thursday and I told some close friends also. Think I am going to try to keep it to myself to everyone else until after the 12 weeks though, just in case.

So I am going to turn down the job of a lifetime, to have ......... THE job of a lifetime lol.

I just wanted to thank you for your support and to let everyone know that miracles can happen. Fingers crossed the pregnancy goes ok, but for now, I'm over the moon

nearlymrsT

That's lovely news. I hope the pregnancy goes well and you enjoy being a mummy

Lovely news!! :-) xx

Congratulations! Hope you keep in good health during your pregnancy xx

Congratulations! That's super news. Glad its all worked out ok x

Congratulations!! :-)

Platinum Member

Thanks everyone. It's still sinking in lol

Senior Platinum Member

oh my gosh - congratulations!!!! really happy for you both

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrs breslin to be View Post
    oh my gosh - congratulations!!!! really happy for you both

xx
    Haha Thanks Mrs Breslin to Be. Told a friend last night and she nearly screamed the place down (we were in a busy restuarant) lol.

Everyone else seems more excited than I am lol

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Congratulations! I hope everything goes well through your pregnancy! All the best p.s. keep us posted xxx

Congratulations! Been dipping into this thread since you first posted it hoping for good news, glad you got it. And it might be a cliche but I really believe whats for you wont pass you by, you may have to turn THIS job down, but you'll get an even better one soon enough (apart from being a mum that is!) x

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by clarabanana View Post
    Congratulations! Been dipping into this thread since you first posted it hoping for good news, glad you got it. And it might be a cliche but I really believe whats for you wont pass you by, you may have to turn THIS job down, but you'll get an even better one soon enough (apart from being a mum that is!) x
    Awwww thanks clarabanana.

I know you are right and I'm really not bothered about the job. I'd take a healthy baby over a job any day.

I think it just goes to show that you never know what is out there for you and you just have to take each challenge as they come.

My challenge at the moment is keeping the nausea at bay lol

Mrs Clark to be! NicholaPaisley's Avatar

Hooray for a fellow Mum to be! I am 15 weeks and starting to get back to normal (constantly tired and feeling sick!)

I'm so glad everything went good with your scan, it's definitely nerve-wracking waiting to see if anything will pop up on the monitor!

Congratulations and enjoy being preggers!! xx

P.S - also means you have a wee third person to join in the first dance

Platinum Member

Haha thanks Nichola, it's a good feeling eh?

I have really bad nausea and have done for week, just went out and bought some travel sickness wristbands lol. Can't wait to be at 15 weeks and starting to feel better lol.

It really was nervewracking, I just kept looking for the little heartbeat and once I saw that, I relaxed a bit lol.

That is a brilliant idea about the first dance. My fiance and I CANNOT dance together and I have been dreading it, but now it won't look so bad with a little one in between us lol.

Hope your feeling good spell continues for the rest of the pregnancy and congrats.

Congratz. Hope you are keeping well. Being a mummy is the best job you can have and rewarding in sooooo many ways:-) xxx

Fantastic news, I read the full thread with baited breath, couldnt wait to read the outcome. Congratulations xx

congratulations! all the best for you both xx
    Last edited by lmckintosh; 12-06-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Platinum Member

Awwwww thank you everyone, you are so kind. It's good to know for certain that I have a wee baby growing inside and my next appointment is in three weeks - woo hoo, so another wee scan and another wee pic of the bambino.

Will be able to tell EVERYONE then, as still only told a handful of people. Can't wait till everyone knows, it's so hard not telling folk at work etc. The girls at work that know, keep going to say something to me and have to stop themselves lol

Thank you again everyone for the kind words and congratulations, it's keeping it real for me lol

Platinum Member

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you a wee update.

Had my second scan yesterday and everything looks good. Baby wasn't playing ball for the measurements for a while as decided to spin and move around like mad lol.

So, so far, everything is looking good and still estimated for 4th January.

I have a family party this weekend so intend to tell everyone that doesn't know on Saturday.

Wish me luck and thanks again to everyone for their support.

Super Senior Platinum Member

What a wonderful update x

Platinum Member

Lovely to hear it is all going well! Keep us updated xx

nearlymrsT

Quote Originally Posted by amoricksen View Post
    Hi everyone, just wanted to give you a wee update.

Had my second scan yesterday and everything looks good. Baby wasn't playing ball for the measurements for a while as decided to spin and move around like mad lol.

So, so far, everything is looking good and still estimated for 4th January.

I have a family party this weekend so intend to tell everyone that doesn't know on Saturday.

Wish me luck and thanks again to everyone for their support.
    That's great news. Good luck for the announcement!