Thread: Do the weather gods really hate me that much???

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

Default Do the weather gods really hate me that much???

I'm really starting to think that the fates/weather gods/luck/chaos really hates me. It bucketed with rain on my wedding day... pretty much all day. We got a few group shots outside but didn't really get a shoot with me and G, so we agreed to just save that for the post-wedding shoot.

So we're all set to do the shoot on Tuesday and of course it looks like the weather is going to be horrendous again. I really can't catch a break!

And it's not like it's that easy to find an indoor space where they're willing to let you take photos of a girl in a wedding dress with a huge train (unless you're getting married there).
    Fairy Gokmother

aww good old scottish weather!!!

Thats such a shame , you would think by June we would get a reprive!!! Hopefully it will be dry at the time of your shoot (even just the time you are out)!!! i looked at the weather for Edinburgh (just assuming thats roughly where you'll be) and it scattered showers so hopefully fingers crossed the pesky showers are after you've been pictured!!

http://www.dasinfo.com/rain-on-wedding-day

Read this, rain on your wedding day is meant to be good luck-gotta take the positives where we can!!!!

Good luck on Tuesday xx

I keep trying to remind myself that it's meant to be lucky, but it's hard to be cheerful when I booked my venue because of the gorgeous scenery and then barely got to use it.
    Fairy Gokmother

Anna Urban

Maybe you could still use your venue, there should not be a problem unless there is a wedding.

Don't worry about the weather gods, we got married last year at loch lomond and it was a glorious day until we went for photo's! It was torrential rain and I had on flip flops and the photographer had to clean my feet with a tea towel! Please don't worry the rain clouds make the photo's more dramatic xx

We managed to get out in Pittencrieff Park for a couple of hours without the rain coming down this afternoon.

Grant's going to take me out for dinner to show me off with hair and make-up done (no corset).
    Fairy Gokmother