Thread: balgeddie house hotel

Default balgeddie house hotel

Hi just wondered if anyone has been to a wedding at balgeddie house hotel and how it compares to balbirnie

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

My bridesmaid got married at balgeddie. We are getting married at Balbirnie. So I am biased! I think Balbirnie is a more attractive building, in a nicer setting. At balgeddie you have to drive through a housing scheme to get to it. I didn't really like the separate ballroom/function suite. But, it was a lovely wedding. The main building is lovely, grounds round the back are lovely. And food was amazing. We stayed overnight and room was nice. I love Balbirnie inside and out. Everything about it has been a dream!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

Was at Balbirine and Balgeddie last year at family weddings. I can say both wedding were great but I must say I enjoyed the food better at Balgeddie.

I felt that the Balbirnie seemed to be cramped at night as they never got rid of any tables or put more chairs out we had to ask for more.

But it depends on what you want from a venue. I would go and see both venues and make your mind up.

Claire

Thanks for the replies will call both today x

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Balbirnie are putting more chair out at night for us because we have told them that we hare having an extra 50 evening guests. Think with most venues, if you clearly tell them what you want they'll accommodate you Good luck with your decision making and let us know how you get on!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

I haven't been to a wedding at either, but I have been to a large function at Balgeddie and found the service and food excellent for such large numbers. It depends on your taste - Balbirnie is grander. The food there is a bit fussy for my taste, but if you are a foodie you will probably prefer it. There's plenty of green space for photos at both.

Hi,

I'm getting married at the Baldeggie in 11 weeks The staff are amazing and it's a lovely building. I can understand how people may prefer the balbirnie as it is a lot grander and posh but for us it was just so expensive. We have no complaints about the Balgeddie House Hotel and we can't wait to have our wedding in August