Thread: Memory Lane Flowers

Platinum Member

Default Memory Lane Flowers

Hi girls, does anyone have any experience of Memory lane florist in Lenzie? There is a good deal on 5pm today which would be all the wedding flowers for 490 but the google reviews are VERY mixed lol. Don't think I will bother but just wondered if anyone would recommend them.
    Thanks XxX

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

I seen the deal, but got more for my money with own florist. X

Platinum Member

Cool thanks, I haven't even looked at florists yet, was just curious really. have no idea how much to expect to spend- have 700 in my budget with a big question mark beside it as really hoping to spend less! xxx

i booked this, I know someone who knows the florists assistant, so I am going on their word. I was trying to do everything within a budget and I thought this was really reasonable. They told me I could change the set up as long as I stuck to the value. This is the breakdown they gave me:
    1 bride’s bouquet - 100
    2 bridesmaids’ bouquets - 50 each
    2 pedestal or vase arrangements - 100 each
    8 table centre arrangements - 30 each
    1 top table arrangement - 50 each
    2 thank you bouquets - 40 each
    5 gents’ buttonholes - 5 each
    5 ladies corsages - 15 each
    2 Bay trees hire - 45 each
    Delivery and set up - 40
    Total 1000

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsJ View Post
    Cool thanks, I haven't even looked at florists yet, was just curious really. have no idea how much to expect to spend- have 700 in my budget with a big question mark beside it as really hoping to spend less! xxx
    Well with my florist I got

brides bouquet (my bouquet was 120)
    3 bridesmaid bouquets (65 each)
    9 button holes
    2 thank you bouquets
    arrangement for ceremony table
    6 fishbowls with mirrored plates, purple water and gerbaras
    5 tall arrangements of gerberas, roses and palm leaves
    6 mini fishbowls for top table with one gerbera in each

with delivery and setup and im sure i was about 707, si supose a fair bit dearer.

just scared with deals though i wouldnt have got free range on what i wanted as was quoted around 200 for the type of roses i wanted in bouquet elsewhere. x

to be honest, I have no clue at all; i wouldn't have even thought about button holes or trees or anything lol! I am quite open to what to get. They told me i could change it and have an extra bridesmaids bouquet, so my fingers are crossed!!! I can blame my bridesmaid if it goes t*ts up I am actually having palpitations. I am not good at these spur of the moment decisions!!!!

Platinum Member

Sounds like you got alot for your money though as the tall arrangements can cost quite a bit from what I have seen, I haven't even looked at dresses or anything yet and don't feel like I can decide about flowers until I do really as the style will dictate what flowers I want I think. Not going to get the deal just now, will keep an eye out once I know what I want then at least I know if any deals will actually suit me! Who did you get flowers from? Xx

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsJ View Post
    Sounds like you got alot for your money though as the tall arrangements can cost quite a bit from what I have seen, I haven't even looked at dresses or anything yet and don't feel like I can decide about flowers until I do really as the style will dictate what flowers I want I think. Not going to get the deal just now, will keep an eye out once I know what I want then at least I know if any deals will actually suit me! Who did you get flowers from? Xx
    mines were from thistle flowers, she works from home so costs are lower x