Thread: Help!!! Card Making Classes

Smile Help!!! Card Making Classes

Hi All,

Does anyone know of anywhere that does card making classes that I can learn how to make the wedding stationary.

Really want to do them myself but want them to look professional.

Thanks

Smile Wedding Invites

Hi Bride2b

I don't know of any classes but there is a lady i have seen at lots of wedding fairs and she shows you how to make the invites she really good think the kit costs 100.00 but is for everything sure it makes 100 invites or more. I know she is appearing @ Corn Exchange Wedding Fair in March

Wedloco
    Albany Mews
    9 New Broughton
    Edinburgh
    EH3 6PA 0131 478 9175
    www.wedloco.co.uk

Hope this help good luck with your planning

xxx

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Hi bride2b. I came across a lovely woman at the royal concert hall wedding fayre on saturday, she was from "Telfords Direct". She gave me a booklet full of tips on how to go about making your own stationery and if you live in the glasgow area, she will come to your house and do a class for you and anyone who is helping make the stationery. I also got the telfords direct catalogue which is crammed full of ideas and inspiration if you are not sure of how you want your stationery to look. The cards that she had on display looked fantastic! You could see that the cards had been hand made (which i think is a good thing coz then it shows you have had hands on input into that aspect of your planning) but they were absolutely top notch!!!!! Im going to order a mixture of cards, paper, embelishments etc and get my girls round one night to see what ideas we can each come up with. You can order from the catalogue and i dont think there is a minimum spend either. Try www.telfordsdirect.co.uk. Hope this helps you. Mrs McD2b-x-

Not sure about classes but a lot of craft shops will do demonstrations of products if you ask them to. I know the Ink Spot in Hamilton spent a good half hour with my mum showing her how to use a stencil properly. There is also the craft show in the SECC next month (4-7th of March) where the stall holders are more than happy to give demonstrations and share ideas. Most of them don't object to photographs or films being taken while they demonstrate either.
    Not sure how much help that is to you but might give you somewhere to start looking.

Oh mum has just come in to add; if you can get to it the Ink Spot does run classes occasionally as does a place in Glasgow called Craftology but you'd have to contact them for more information. She also suggested hunting out a craft forum and asking there for news on classes.

Smile

I went to Daintree Paper in Morningside in Edinburgh recently and they were really good http://www.daintreepaper.co.uk . It is a shop where you can buy the things you need to make your own stationery. They have tons of examples of invitations/order of services/thank you cards etc made up for you to browse through to get ideas if you don't aleady have one or if you have set colours or ideas they can show you what they have. I told them I would like to make pocketfold invitations so they were able to show me the pocketfolds they have and what I could add to them to tie in with my colour scheme. If you are going to the wedding show this weekend at the SECC they have a stall. They are v good at explaining what you need to do x x