Thread: Have I left it to late?

Default Have I left it to late?

Need some help. Im finally able to arrange a hen night since my Dad has offered to look after my son for one night on his own (a miracle!). Im looking at going 30th June but everywhere Ive looked seems to be booked up, really hope its not been left to late. Im thinking Edinburgh since we only have the one night so dont want to spend long travelling but so far every apartment and budget hotel ive looked at is booked out.

Anyone got any ideas of where I can look?

Have u tried late rooms/lastminute.com? X

yeah, cant seem to find anything. The only ones left have minimum stay of 2/3 nights

That's crap, I wonder why it's so busy?! Maybe the fringe. We organised a night out in Edinburgh for my friends hen night. We hired a limo for the journey up and a minibus for the way home. Depending on your numbers maybe that could be an option? X

Super Senior Member

I had a tribute night in the normandy and it was a great night and only 21, the drink can be expensive but if you are planning on staying you could go up and down to your room for drink. To be honest I wasn't expecting much especially as I had it in january I thought it would be quiet, it was mobbed and a briliant night! The glynhill also do them as do a hotel in east kilbride and the seamill hydro although I think that one could double your costs.

It's not the fringe ( that's in August ) but it is still a busy time unfortunately. The Novotel @ Edinburgh park is 89 for two. It's right at the end of the m8 and right beside the train station that'll take you to haymarket/Waverley. Otherwise it's a lot of guest houses/b+b. That was on last minute.com xx

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

Have you tried the travel lodges? X

Premier Inn at Haymarket: http://www.premierinn.com/en/booking...execute.action

103 per twin room and pretty central

Travel lodge on waterloo place: http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/4...oo-Place-hotel

89 per twin room and again pretty central (but the other end of town)
    ~ m xx

6th July 2012

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

Have you tried the Eurohostel? We stayed in the one in Glasgow and it was great.

Think I'm going to have a nightmare finding something suitable. Hostels are out for some of the party and I'd rather we all stayed together, I can't book enough rooms for us all in the hotels I've found, I need disabled access, in a central location as we might be heading back at different times so don't want to fork out much for taxi's. A minibus might work but that means I need to set a time to leave and I'm not great at staying out late so like the option of leaving early if I need to. Argh, this is going to be complicated.

Tribute nights/lodges and cheesy packages are out as its not really my thing. The night itself should be easy, private ghost walk, nice dinner, bar crawl and maybe a club. Accommodation should be the only problem, shame it's a major part...

How many rooms do you need and what's the budget? I love a good google search
    ~ m xx

6th July 2012

There will probably be between 10 and 12 of us. I'm pretty flexable with the budget but probably around the 100 mark. Cheaper would be best though given the bar prices in Edinburgh. Hopefully I'll get more time for a good search over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooqueen View Post
    There will probably be between 10 and 12 of us. I'm pretty flexable with the budget but probably around the 100 mark. Cheaper would be best though given the bar prices in Edinburgh. Hopefully I'll get more time for a good search over the weekend.
    http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-re...edinburgh.aspx

Located in the Haymarket area to the West End of the New Town in Edinburgh, only 5 minutes walk from main shopping areas Princes Street and George Street. The EICC and Lothian Road are also within a 5 minute walk for those on business, and for sports fans Murrayfield and Tynecastle Stadium are 15-20 minutes walk. There is limited free parking available on site and on-street parking nearby.

Have 5 standard twin rooms left for your date... 105 per room
    ~ m xx

6th July 2012

And if you book it via this site: http://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotel/Ho...ms=5&QuoteKey=

then it's 10 a room cheaper as you get a group rate

Actually.. that site is the same price as booking with the Apex directly (using their advance booking rate)
    ~ m xx

6th July 2012

Quote Originally Posted by gigglebert View Post
    http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-re...edinburgh.aspx

Located in the Haymarket area to the West End of the New Town in Edinburgh, only 5 minutes walk from main shopping areas Princes Street and George Street. The EICC and Lothian Road are also within a 5 minute walk for those on business, and for sports fans Murrayfield and Tynecastle Stadium are 15-20 minutes walk. There is limited free parking available on site and on-street parking nearby.

Have 5 standard twin rooms left for your date... 105 per room
    Thank you!! Going to get a message round all my hens and try and get it all booked this weekend. Really dont want to risk it any later. I can also get two apartments in the eurohostel that im going to suggest. It really doesnt bother me where we stay but my mum and sister are a bit (very!) picky!

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooqueen View Post
    Thank you!! Going to get a message round all my hens and try and get it all booked this weekend. Really dont want to risk it any later. I can also get two apartments in the eurohostel that im going to suggest. It really doesnt bother me where we stay but my mum and sister are a bit (very!) picky!
    I was a bit wary about staying in a hostel but it's just like a big hotel room. You have keycard access and a couple of showers and toilets so you're not sharing with strangers. We actually had a great laugh as there were 8 of us in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsAdie View Post
    I was a bit wary about staying in a hostel but it's just like a big hotel room. You have keycard access and a couple of showers and toilets so you're not sharing with strangers. We actually had a great laugh as there were 8 of us in the room.
    Just spoke to my sister and shes still refusing to even look at it. It might not be ideal for my mum as shes disabled so would need an accessable room but im still going to look into it. It looks like a similar setup to my old student halls.

may have sorted it, found novotel has the rooms on expedia. Going to call them tomorrow as partner is a platinum account holder so hopefully they will do it and I get money off!

and its booked, thanks for everyones help! Cant believe I am actually getting a hen night after all. Now to decide what we are going to do.

That's good that you eventually got somewhere. I booked the hostel in Newcastle at the weekend there. Just need to get final numbers so I know if we need anymore dorms. It's a nightmare trying to get people to decide one way or another!

Im still waiting to hear back from some people but rooms can be cancelled up to the day before so easily sorted. Didn't want to leave it any longer. I can see my Aunt's taking their time to decide!