Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NO Honeymoon.....sooooo gutted !

Unhappy NO Honeymoon.....sooooo gutted !

I didn't know were to post this thread put because it's affecting me emotionaly I 've decided that "emotional support" would be more appropriate.

Here it is:
    My H2B's parents (dad and step mum) told us last year that they were paying for our honeymoon as a wedding gift.
    We have accepted because they've done it with my fiance's step brother and step sister when they got married so we though it was only fair that we were getting a honeymoon for our wedding as well.
    It was a very good news as my other half and have only a budget of £5000 for our wedding so that was helping a lot.

Anyway after a few attempt to raise the topic nothing has been done and we are now 7 month before the wedding and no honeymoon planned .
    On top of that when I have tried to talk about it a few weeks ago a felt that my fiance's step mum wasn't really too keen to talk about it which has upseted me quite a lot as she made me feel like I was rude to her.

Now I have talked about it to my fiance and basically he told me that he thinks she is trying to avoid to pay for the honeymoon and we will have to deal with that ourself.
    The problem is that we have only £300 left on our budget to plan what will probably be a "microscopic minimoon" in Scotland.
    I am not even sure that £300 is enough to pay for a night in a nice hotel in Edinburgh or Glasgow.

I am really upset cause I feel like I have totally faild my wedding planning and I am also quite p*ssed off because I have the feeling that I will end up in the middle of a couples argument when my H2B's dad will find that out as she will probably try to blame me.

Maybe I am just getting stressed for nothing but not sure what to do now.

Any of you have some recommendations on nice hotel for £300 or less in Scotland were we could have a weekendmoon at least?

Thanks for read my post and listen to moan.
    xx
    Last edited by Bride2012; 09-04-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

When is your wedding, November? That's off peak so you should be able to find a nice self catering place somewhere that would at least give you a few nights away?

Also try www.great2012offers.com and search Scotland - quite a few deals there for off peak times. You could get a couple of nights at the Fairmont St Andrews?

I'm really sorry to hear that. I stayed in this beautiful little cottage in Skye, it was very romantic x
    http://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cotta...tage-2676.html

Quote Originally Posted by ESP2B View Post
    When is your wedding, November? That's off peak so you should be able to find a nice self catering place somewhere that would at least give you a few nights away?
    Hello My wedding is in October.

Quote Originally Posted by ESP2B View Post
    Also try www.great2012offers.com and search Scotland - quite a few deals there for off peak times. You could get a couple of nights at the Fairmont St Andrews?
    I will have a look at it thank you very much for the link .

Quote Originally Posted by michellel View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear that. I stayed in this beautiful little cottage in Skye, it was very romantic x
    http://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cotta...tage-2676.html
    Oh it looks very nice .

Hey,

So sorry to hear about that It's not nice when you have been looking forward to something like this and can't really do much about it.

We stayed in a Muirloch Executive Lodge in Piperdam Mon - Fri for £300. This price includes your own private sauna and hot tub, lovely and relaxing and a lovely place inside and out!

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

If you keep an eye on offers you can often pick up amazing rates on even five star hotels. We managed to get a night at The Howard for £99 and if you mention that it's your honeymoon then they WILL treat you like royalty!
    Fairy Gokmother

We stayed in the hideaway experience near Dundee for 2 nights, it's lovely and they do last minute deals and other offers throughout the year.

Aww it's really upsetting when you are told to expect something and then someone goes back on their word, but the main thing is that you will be getting married and that it's fabulous!! I'm sure you will find something great for a few days to get away with your new hubby after the day! We are going to have a wee minimoon then save up for a proper honeymoon later so we're not really having one anyway but all that matters is that you marry your H2b and have the bet day ever..despite some folk being awkward and unreasonable!! Hope you find a nice wee deal to get away xxx p.s. you have NOT failed at wedding planning..these things can happen when other folks are involved..NOT your fault x

Platinum Member

I'd recommend the Applecross Inn - it's tiny and is an inn rather than a fancy hotel but Applecross is the most amazing place I have ever been and I fell in love with it the first time we stayed there. Small, intimate with fantastic food, friendly service and local atmosphere and looking out at the sea. Maybe not the luxury you would want but definitely the perfect place for a cosy romantic break. We are heading there next month (OH's birthday present :-)) and cannot wait....

Hi Bride2012, I'm sorry to hear about the troubles your having with the honeymoon.
    I would recommend The Plockton Hotel, www.plocktonhotel.co.uk its beautiful, in a lovely town. I'm going back in august, and its not to far away from applecross where carirw said but I have bn to that hotel too I prefer plockton tho, as its not to far from Skye, Eilean Donan castle and lots of other lovely places. Let us know how you get on x x

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMcQuade2B View Post
    Hi Bride2012, I'm sorry to hear about the troubles your having with the honeymoon.
    I would recommend The Plockton Hotel, www.plocktonhotel.co.uk its beautiful, in a lovely town. I'm going back in august, and its not to far away from applecross where carirw said but I have bn to that hotel too I prefer plockton tho, as its not to far from Skye, Eilean Donan castle and lots of other lovely places. Let us know how you get on x x
    I agree that Plockton and Applecross are both really beautiful places!! I could happily have all my holidays in Scotland!

I've started getting emails from secretescapes.com - they've been advertising on the telly a lot recently. They have loads of beautiful hotels and cottages in their daily emails,i'd recomend signing up for it as you might find something perfect.

Let us know if you have any luck, in the meantime we'll keep our eyes open for you!

Hi girls,

Thank you very much for all your answers.
    H2B and I have started looking at a all the suggestions and we quite like a few of them so I am feeling more relaxed now as I know that we will at least be abke to go away for tow or three days.

sign up for KBGdeals, Groupon and Wowcher you get alot of offers in there for hotels ect xx

we have booked a 4 night stay in a log cabin with hoseasons for our honeymoon, were in 'peak' season so we were just over £400...so if your not going until october the rates may be less.....private hot tub....thats all im saying xx

Not sure where you are but H2B had a fab stay at the Kingsmills Hotel in Inverness a few years ago. Just had a look on the website and it's not the cheapest place to stay BUT you can get really good rates through laterooms etc plus it's the kind of place where if you tell them it's your honeymoon when you book they'll upgrade you. When we went they had just opened their new health spa (kingsclub) and we were upgraded to stay there, it was absolutly georgous!

As I said, it's not the cheapest but definatly worth keeping an eye on for deals http://www.kingsmillshotel.com

You have to speak to them directly and ask whether or not they are still OK with their offer. Just tell them you are starting to look around for your HM and you need to know budgets.

Money is hard topic but in this case you need to get a flat out yes or no before you book a hotel in Scotland and 2 months before the wedding they offer to pay for your HM.

I agree with tootsi you need to ask them directly just say what tootsi suggested.
    I hope everything works out for use, I am sure use will get something if they don't give use the money for honeymoon. There is loads of good deals out there try last minute.com and a few of the other ones that the girls have suggested, groupon is also good for deals.
    Good luck chick and let use know how you get on x

Senior Member Miss Pinot Grigio's Avatar

also try The Big Deal through 5pm.co.uk website, lots of deals on eating out / hotels / beauty treatments, I've seen loads of good weekends away in Scotland advertised there recently and I am a real bargain hunter, only trouble is we have very few weekends free between now and the wedding, lol
    Last edited by Miss Pinot Grigio; 12-04-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: added more info

Me and H2B have not booked anything for our honeymoon as we simply cant afford it. Our parents are both paying an awful lot for the wedding but we still haven't managed to scrimp together enough. We've decided to ask for money for our wedding (i know it is a wee bit controversial but we have lived together for 5 years and been together for over 9 and we dont need anything).

We are planning on booking a last minute "honeymoon" if we get any money for our wedding. Probably a week in the canaries or something. I'm sure if people knew that you couldnt afford a honeymoon they wouldnt mind putting towards it? xx

Try hotel connexions! Best to phone them and explain what you are looking for or at least register with them for brochures! They do some really great deals DBB inclusive in some great hotels around Scotland! Best to follow on Twitter or Facebook and register for emails for some fab deals! When they come through you do have to be quick off the mark as some have limited availability!

We're staying at Mar Hall after our wedding and with an add on of £29.95 for a signature membership you get a 3rd nigth free on a room only basis for around £300 for the three nights, plus with the membership you get other benefits like free wine or room upgrades!!!

Don't fret you can get something for that money then save up for a honeymoon later in the year, that's what we're doing! xxx

Oh hunnie, thats not good news at all bit of a cheek tbh to let yous down like that...looks like she has some sort of issue with you.
    Don't let it get you down! Keep an eye out for offers and have a nice wee break in Scotland....its your honeymoon, you'll be happy no matter where you are I have to say a nice cottage on Skye sounds awesome to me...very romantic!
    Anita & Grant 26th of May 2011