Thread: Can't decide on a band

Default Can't decide on a band

My h2b wants his friends bnd to play at our wedding. they are a wedding band locally but are very unknown. They also have a male singer. I would prefer a female singer as I can't really see a man singing lady gaga and Rhianna - which I would like to include. I also want some ceilidh dances thrown in, and I don't think his friends band does this.

He thinks I'm being picky but I think a band makes or breaks a wedding. Music is a really important part of the wedding to both of us.

Are there any really good bands out there that anyone would recommend that I can try to convince him with? We are getting married at Fingask castle in February so only 10 months although we are out of season.

All suggestions welcome! X

We've booked Pulse who seem to fit your criteria there. They have a trio and a showband depending on what you would prefer, where they have male and female vocals, and are able to add in some ceilidh dances as well so that you get the best of both worlds. You should check out their website, or their posts on here.

Thanks KK I had a look at them but the band is too small for me and the show band too big lol! The vocals are spot on though! I really don't want backing tracks and the smaller band must use them as there is no percussion. The big band would be amazing but I would expect them to be very expensive! x

Platinum Member

We have booked Corra who are excellent, two female singers (only one comes to your wedding, they have enough musicians for two bands), but they have a male guitarists (for each band) who also sing a few songs so you get best of both worlds. All four are great singers and they have a fiddler so do a great ceilidh too. Good Luck

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

We have booked Revolution 7. They are amazing!! They have a male and female singer so they can sing a bigger variety of songs. They can also do ceilidh. They have a trumpet and saxophone so they really stood out for me compared to other bands we saw/heard.

www.revolution7.co.uk
    Last edited by FutureMrsAdie; 16-04-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MelD View Post
    Thanks KK I had a look at them but the band is too small for me and the show band too big lol! The vocals are spot on though! I really don't want backing tracks and the smaller band must use them as there is no percussion. The big band would be amazing but I would expect them to be very expensive! x
    Hello MelD

Thank you for considering us as your wedding band. We carry out extensive research to ensure we are priced competitively with other similar bands. We've discovered that you can pay just about the same for some three/four piece bands as you would for our nine piece!

We have a fully live option between our three and nine piece which may suit you. Why not contact us to discuss your requirements? You may be surprised just how affordable we are

All the best
    Billy

Call 07999 002005, visit our website or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

Have you looked at a-side soul? I've heard them a few times at now at different friends weddings and once at their showcase and honestly they are fab, they do a ceilidh set as well x

Quote Originally Posted by MelD View Post
    My h2b wants his friends bnd to play at our wedding. they are a wedding band locally but are very unknown. They also have a male singer. I would prefer a female singer as I can't really see a man singing lady gaga and Rhianna - which I would like to include. I also want some ceilidh dances thrown in, and I don't think his friends band does this.

He thinks I'm being picky but I think a band makes or breaks a wedding. Music is a really important part of the wedding to both of us.

Are there any really good bands out there that anyone would recommend that I can try to convince him with? We are getting married at Fingask castle in February so only 10 months although we are out of season.

All suggestions welcome! X
    Hey I'd like to recommend Something Blue Wedding Band or Little Red. They are both 4 piece bands with lead female singers who are both fantastic. Little Red are most likely booked up as they have been around for a couple of years and are very popular but Something Blue are kind of new so may be free.