Thread: Wedding guests not happy

Default Wedding guests not happy

I have fume coming out my ears this morning. Instead of posting something on Facebook that i'd probably regret I'm going to vent my anger here. I received a text message yesterday from a friend who I don't see socially that often if I had sent the right invite to her and her husband as they only received an evening invitation. How rude can you get! My fiancé was then at the pub last night and was told she was bitching about me about it the previous evening.

Then someone asked if we'd forgot about inviting another couple, we hadn't we just don't have any more space. I can't believe the cheek of people I really can't. Aaarrgghhh!

Platinum Member

It is extremely rude to ask that sort of question. How embarrasing is that for you now to go back and say to her, yes, you are only invited to the evening.

One of my best friends got married a few years back and while I assumed I would be invited to the whole day I didn't take it for granted as I knew how much it cost per person and that she was keeping her numbers down. As it was we did get an invite to the whole day, however if she had only invited us to the evening, I would have totally understood and not been offended by this at all.

Weddings seem to bring out the worst in some people

Senior Member DundasCastleBride2B's Avatar

Wow how rude of her. Some people have no shame. It's her who should be embarrassed, not you x
    Mrs M to be

Id feel the need to say sorry we did make a mistake, your not invited at all! Some ppl are so rude! Xox

How effing rude. Make no apologies about it- it's your wedding and you invite who you want. People have already started assuming they have invites to ours and it's making my blood boil!

Senior Platinum Member

the bad side of me would be tempted to say: "yea that was the wrong invite, i didnt mean to send you one at all" :P

that is soo rude, i'd be glad to get any kind of invite for someones wedding, its a privilege to receive wedding/evening invites!!

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Can't believe she even txted you to ask that! Blooming cheek of her! I'm with some of the other girls, tell her it was a mistake - she wasnt invited at all!

Quote Originally Posted by mummypow View Post
    Id feel the need to say sorry we did make a mistake, your not invited at all! Some ppl are so rude! Xox
    I'd take this route as well!

I would so love to say they weren't invited now after asking that but can u imagine how much of a bitch I'd look. I'm going to bite my tongue but i'm still raging. I went to the gym earlier to take out my anger ha ha.

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

OMG! I would be so tempted just to uninvite them altogether! Shocking! I would definitely speak to her and just say that you would prefer she came directly to you if she had a problem and not bitch to other people! If she's a friend at all she'll understand your situation! Some folk can just be plain ignorant! Xx

Super Senior Member

I would just text back if its an eveing one then you got the right invite, its them who will either be embarrassed or annoyed. Let it be there problem and not yours!

I struggle that people can be so rude but my brother had friends who acted the same way when he got married! If this happens to me I think i will ask them not to come to the evening if theyre going to be so vocal about not getting invited for the full day.

That is a bit cheeky!

HOWEVER,
    I did actually ask my friend this once (well ex-friend). I paid over £250 to go on her hen do to Benidorm last year, but nearer the time I just couldn't go as my baby was only 4 months old and still breastfeeding. It was the weekend my mum passed away too.
    But anyway, I got the invite through for her wedding and it was an evening. So I asked her if that was right and she made me out to be such a cow. I just thought as I was invited and paid to come to her big hen do (only 5 of us were going) that we'd be invited to the full thing.

I just thought as I was invited and paid to come to her big hen do (only 5 of us were going) that we'd be invited to the full thing.
    I once got invited to a hen night then nothing else! I thought that was a bit odd...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I once got invited to a hen night then nothing else! I thought that was a bit odd...
    that is v odd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Perthbride View Post
    lol I couldnt help but think "you must have REALLY embarressed yourself on that hen night" lol! (sureyou didnt really )
    Hahaha, nah, no idea what the story was, was for my best mates sisters henny and I was only invited to it the day before it! I think because my best mate wanted one of her mates to be there, still think it was odd though!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers