Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Horrible Experience with Hair Trial

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

I think if they agreed to be with you from 11-3 then they should stick to that. I have a feeling they may just have said that to get your booking and now that they have your business they don't care. It sounds like they are trying to squeeze in too many clients at once which is just greedy. You need to feel like your the most important person on your wedding day which isn't going to happen if your hairdresser is trying to make a quick exit to make a few more bucks off someone else. Keep the booking but have a look around for someone else, that way if you can't get another hairdresser in time you still have someone.

I'm so lucky! I have my hairdresser/make-up artist with me all day as she is our bestmans sister. She's also agreed to do as many trials as I want. She amazing. I can't wait to see what she comes up with.

Senior Member Miss Pinot Grigio's Avatar

Do you have it in writing that she agreed to do 11-3, if so that would be perfect.

Is this person your normal hairdresser or someone you've just got for the wedding? Is your normal hairdresser available (or someone through that salon)?

Reading this whole thread I'd be tempted to get another hairdresser altogether but I agree with FutureMrsAdie, keep this hairdresser until you sort someone else just in case you can't get someone else.

What unnecessary hassle!

Reading your threads and feedback, I can tell that you are not happy with the service that theyare providing on any front. If I were you |I would cut my losses. Keep them booked for now, and see if you can get someone else. I wouldn't bother getting BM trials; just you to see if you like the newbie, then cancel. You'll only make yourself stressed and upset on theday if you have to continue with the people you have already.
    M

I think you are definitely paying enough for them to be there 11-3 but regardless of whether it is enough or not, it is what they agreed and they should stick to it. Having said that they are generally great (I think I am having the same person doing my hair) and I am sure they will do a good job on the day. This all sounds incredibly frustrating and worrying though xx

Cut your losses and rebook someone else who can be there for the time you require and give you the hairstyle you want!

Senior Platinum Member

find it a bit odd that they have booked a large party at 3pm when everyone knows that weddings arent always strictly on time events - some things happen outwith anyones control on the morning of any wedding, also really odd that its because a hen party are getting their hair done, i dont know any hen party that have all their hairs done by a hairdresser (its just a night out?!)
    seems very unprofessional to me, brides dont want to feel rushed on the morning of one of the most important days of her life, on my big day i will be rushing about noone (except h2b!) id look elsewhere - even as much to put a wee shout out to any hairdressers on here

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

I think you should cut your losses and get someone else; otherwise you'll spend the next week worrying and you don't need this at this stage. How about you post a new thread on General Chat where more people probably look, and ask all of us to give you the names of who we are using? Then just hit the phones and get someone else. Stressful in the short term, but if this one hasn't even bothered to reassure you then you don't need the extra worry. Whilst you may be one of many clients for them, it's the most important day of your life and they should at least be trying to give you some solutions.
    X

I had me and 2 bridesmaids & we were in from 8.30 to 11.45 with 2 stylists working on us. One of the BMs took longer than expected and we actually left her in the hairdressers & went home for make up. My point is that sometimes hair takes longer than expected & for a hairdresser to potentially run out or rush on your wedding day isn't good at all. You aren't even 100% sure on the style so that would be a reason for her to want to spend more time getting it right.

Try and get a new hairdresser.

Advertiser

R, you know it's been a while since I have visited a hairdresser. However I have done a few weddings with Mike Quigley of Kim McGregor Hair in Stockbridge. Word is that he is one of the best in the country and a lovely guy.
    If all else fails then I will have a go on the wedding day, how hard can it be? A few kirbys and a bit of hairspray.
    Try to relax. XXX.

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tootsi4 View Post
    I had me and 2 bridesmaids & we were in from 8.30 to 11.45 with 2 stylists working on us. One of the BMs took longer than expected and we actually left her in the hairdressers & went home for make up. My point is that sometimes hair takes longer than expected & for a hairdresser to potentially run out or rush on your wedding day isn't good at all. You aren't even 100% sure on the style so that would be a reason for her to want to spend more time getting it right.

Try and get a new hairdresser.

We are booked in 8am-11.30am for one girl doing 4 of us. If it runs over that's fie with her but I'd like to be done by 11ish. She's curling bridesmaids extensions night before though. X

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McBeth Photography View Post
    R, you know it's been a while since I have visited a hairdresser. However I have done a few weddings with Mike Quigley of Kim McGregor Hair in Stockbridge. Word is that he is one of the best in the country and a lovely guy.
    If all else fails then I will have a go on the wedding day, how hard can it be? A few kirbys and a bit of hairspray.
    Try to relax. XXX.
    Bizarrely, other than being rather peeved with them for messing me around, I'm actually still comparatively calm. I just want it sorted so I can get on with my last week at work!
    Fairy Gokmother

Your hairdresser should be staying with you all until you are ready to leave.I have worked with many haidressers over the years and I would recommend,Jodi Thomson,,Lisa Taylor from Tantrums and Tiarras,Charlene Wilson from Princess Cut Bridal Hair,Gail Rankin and Nikki Spence.All these stylists have editorial and bridal experience.For vintage you need a hairdresser who is creative and understands the concept.All these recommendations are mobile therefore there is no call out charge.Good luck.

Advertisers

I would recommend Jodi Thomson too, she did my hair for my wedding nearly 13 years ago, and I have worked with her since at weddings I have photographed.

If you are getting married at 3, I wouldn't have thought they would need to be there right up to 3pm. You need to get into your dress, and maybe your photographer would like photos of you before you get married. Then there is travel (unless you are getting ready in the castle itself). I would imagine the hairdresser wouldn't have to stay on any later than 2.30 as you would want to be ready in your dress hair and make up perfect in time to relax before the ceremony. So many weddings I see the bride is rushing around last minute at a time where she doesn't need the stress.