Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: My best friend/bridesmaid has killed herself

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Hi Ladies,

Just another update.

Its now been over a week since the funeral and quite a bit has happened since then, for about 3/4 days after it, I was terrible. I could hardly look after myself, never mind my kids and sunk into a deep depression. Then eventually H2B coaxed how I was feeling out of me and gave me lots of good advice & I started to see things in a different light.

Since then, I've made myself get up and out and do different things everyday. I'm spending a fortune on eating out...but hey! I'm surrounding myself in friends and it really is helping. Don't get me wrong, I'm emotionally drained and really tired from talking about it so much. but it is helping.

I've been researching on how to deal with emotional pain and ive come to the conclusion that it will get easier, but at the moment it's like an endurance test and I just have to keep going until the easier point comes.

Taking the kids away for the weekend, just for a wee break and to stay in a hotel and not have to worry about doing anything.

My H2B has been amazing through all this, especially in the past week. I think it's brought our attention to how much we do love each other (after nearly 10 years, you can forget sometimes). He has been like a rock and I was thinking today about how much I really do want to spend the rest of my life with him, for if anything as awful as this ever happens again...then I want him by my side.

Still not got my wedding mojo back,but starting to read/reply to threads on here again and I'm hoping that this will gradually awake my sleeping bridezilla....if I start planning the wedding again, it will give me something to focus on.

Thanks for all your support, you have been fantastic and ive appreciated every single reply.

Senior Member Miss Pinot Grigio's Avatar

Have a lovely weekend away - carpe diem - seize the day