Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My best friend/bridesmaid has killed herself

Senior Member DundasCastleBride2B's Avatar

So sorry to read such very sad news. Thoughts are with you xx
    Mrs M to be

I'm really so sorry to hear your sad news, my thoughts are with you, take your time getting through this hard time one day at a time...and do whatever makes you feel better....big hugs to you xxxxx

I am so sorry to hear of your sad news, I hope that you find strength in each post that is on here. My thoughts are with you and your friends at this sad time. I know that you wedding will be hard but I'm sure your friend will want you to enjoy your day, it would be lovely to have a piece of her jewellery as your something borrowed, or a song that you both loved played at the wedding or reception. Hugs to you x x x

Miss Martin, I am so sorry to hear your news. I didn't want to just 'read and go' so wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts. It's such a tragic way to lose someone close to you - I just can't imagine what you are going through. You will find the right way to remember your friend on your big day. x

Miss Martin, so sorry to hear this. Devastating, but as the other girls have said - she will be with you on your wedding day and would want you to enjoy it. Thoughts are with you <3
    xxx

p.s. b2bclaire-totally inappropriate comment from you, not what some1 wants to see at a time like this!

Mrs Clark to be! NicholaPaisley's Avatar

I hope you can include your friend in your day and know she is at peace and looking down on you.

Take everyday one at a time, hugs to you xxx

Thoughts with you at this sad time, agree with what other girls say....she will be there, smiling with you on your special day!!

Big hugs!!

Super Senior Member mackinnon.ka's Avatar

Miss Martin, offering my condolences to you and your friends. I can't offer any more words than what has already been said, and I really hope you find comfort in the support the forum has shown for you xx
    ~*01/08/2011 was the most magical day of my life *~

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

So sorry for your loss miss martin, i hope things get easier as time goes on! my cousin took her life too and it's always a big shock, we never truly know how a person is feeling!

Im sure she will be by your side on your special day and emember "The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long "

big hugs

xxx

Miss Martin, how are you doing? Just wanted to say I'm still thinking of you and hope you are doing ok x

Oh hun, this is terrible and I'm thinking of you. I can imagine how you feel as I went through the same when my uncle killed himself Find a way of including her in your day..it will get easier! {{{hugs}}}
    Anita & Grant 26th of May 2011

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Thanks Ladies,

I'm still a total mess to be honest. I seem to be ok when Im with friends, but as soon as I get back to the house, my world comes crashing down. Met her family yesterday and it was really good to share stories and the like. Dreading H2B going back to work tomorrow, I just dont know how I'll cope on my own in here.

Her dad is bringing a piece of her jewellery to the funeral to give to me to incorporate into my crystal bouquet. We have also decided to invite her family to the wedding, I hadnt actually met them until yesterday but H2B suggested it today and I think it will seem good to have them there.

The funeral is on Wed, I can't believe it will be 2 weeks from when she died...it just seems like forever. I'm supposed to have an exam tomorrow and submit an essay, but my uni have been really co-operative and are allowing me to sit/submit at later dates.

Its made me totally have a different take on the wedding....I've realised just how many important people there are in my life and the support I have recieved from friends has been unbelievable. To the point I had been really selective about my day guests...not anymore....I want everyone there for the whole day....a big massive party!

I had loads of wee quirky ideas....but at the moment they seem pointless, I'm hoping my wedding mojo will come back at some point before the big day, but at the moment I'm just numb when I think about it.

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MissMartin View Post
    Thanks Ladies,

I'm still a total mess to be honest. I seem to be ok when Im with friends, but as soon as I get back to the house, my world comes crashing down. Met her family yesterday and it was really good to share stories and the like. Dreading H2B going back to work tomorrow, I just dont know how I'll cope on my own in here.

Her dad is bringing a piece of her jewellery to the funeral to give to me to incorporate into my crystal bouquet. We have also decided to invite her family to the wedding, I hadnt actually met them until yesterday but H2B suggested it today and I think it will seem good to have them there.

The funeral is on Wed, I can't believe it will be 2 weeks from when she died...it just seems like forever. I'm supposed to have an exam tomorrow and submit an essay, but my uni have been really co-operative and are allowing me to sit/submit at later dates.

Its made me totally have a different take on the wedding....I've realised just how many important people there are in my life and the support I have recieved from friends has been unbelievable. To the point I had been really selective about my day guests...not anymore....I want everyone there for the whole day....a big massive party!

I had loads of wee quirky ideas....but at the moment they seem pointless, I'm hoping my wedding mojo will come back at some point before the big day, but at the moment I'm just numb when I think about it.
    aww huni, big massive glenburn hugs!!!
    the little touches incorporating your friend are lovely ideas and its nice inviting her family

hope you are alright - thinking of you

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Hugs and thinking of you

xxxx

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

Aaww so glad you have great friends and family to support you.

I know what you mean about wedding just not feeling the same. Its been 4 wks since I lost my auntie and 6 till wedding and even though cos its so close I've had to start paying stuff etc, it just doesn't feel right planning hen she's gone. You know your friend would want you to power on with wedding planning though. Xxx

Thinking of you tomorrow for the funeral and sending big hugs xx

This is so sad to hear. Hope all goes well tomorrow x

I'm so sorry to hear your news, hopefully today goes as well as can be expected. Massive hug!!
    xxx

Advertisers

had to think long and hard about whether to reply to this or not... I have had to deal with this horrific and devastating situation twice with close members of my own family...Even though I don't know you I wish I could reach out and give you a hug of support... Unfortunately there is no answers as to how to deal with such a heart breaking situation..You will be dealing with so many emotions at the moment but the one thing I will say is reach out to those close to you for support...don't try to deal with this on your own... it doesn't work...surround yourself with family and friends and grieve together.... my thoughts and prayers are with you..xx
    www.lookgoodmakeup.co.uk

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Hi ladies,
    Just an update. Wed was the funeral, it was a bit of a strange day for me......I was virtually numb through the whole thing, done a reading in auto pilot mode, shed a few tears but no where near as much as everyone around me. Then the guilt started....'Why wasnt I crying as much as everyone? Am I cold hearted? Did she not mean as much to me as she did everyone else?' took a long time for me to shake off these feelings.

Her dad gave me a cross that was hers from when she was a baby with her name engraved on it.....this will be my 'something old' for the wedding and we're inviting her family to the day itself, that way a piece of her will be with us.

I still feel in limbo.....I thought today would be starting to return back to normality, but nope....still not time yet. Went to sleep today and horrible nightmares. I'm hoping that the ones I had will be a one of and not start to become regular.

Once again, thank you for all your messages of support x

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

dont feel guilty, i had same feelings, why am i holding it together whats wrong with me? but just some people manage to hold it together better. i am still sure im going to come crashing down.

think inviting her family is lovely xxx

hey,

You probably didn't shed as many tears as everyone else because without realising it you're being everyone's rock and you were staying strong without realising it, you've shed your tears in private, please please don't dwell on this issue you're just making yourself feel worse which you totally don't deserve. Keep your chin up honey and don't ever think that you didn't care as much as others, she was your best friend and you probably hurt more than most folk.

It's not going to snap back into they way it was, I hate it when people say 'it takes time' but you know what it really does and just take it bit by bit.

Massive hugs to you sweetie.

x X x

This is so terribly sad. It's lovely you have a piece of her jewellery for your wedding. You could also reserve a seat for her at your table and decorate it with flowers. No matter what, I'm sure she will be there. Best wishes.

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mohair05 View Post
    You could also reserve a seat for her at your table and decorate it with flowers.
    This is a lovely idea