Thread: Brilliant day

Default Brilliant day

Thought I would do the wee report thing about my daughters wedding on sat 31st March.

The week of the wedding was a bit hectic,we are foster carers so I had the other kids to organise going to respite for the weekend, so it was Wednesday before it was my wedding time.

On wednesday I went for final bits and bobs for the big day, got my waxing done, checked with Leonie (daughter) that she had everything ticked off on her list I had done for her, hubby and groom collected Ivy for Undercroft for decoration with candles.

Thursday delivered final kids favours to hotel and met with wedding co ordinator again just checking final details. Cases all packed to go to hotel on fri.

Friday leonie, 2 bridesmaids and I headed to Bathgate to get nails done, phone call from optician today my wedding glasses had arrived, this may sound silly but the new ones I had got in feb were too dark to go with outfit if I was unable to wear contact lens. So diverted to Falkirk first to collect glasses then the girls and I checked into Inchyra then had some lunch before getting fake bake treatment at the spa, meanwhile my hubby was all over central region changing leonie s converse shoes I had got her to go under her dress when she had to go up and down the stairs at Linlithgow Palace, then he had to go to polmont to collect the embroidered dressing gowns, then collect flowers for childminder for Leonie, and a few more errands before driving to Edinburgh to finish his work. My heart went out to him when he finally got to the hotel.
    So leonie and 2 bridesmaids head into the spa to get treatments while chief b/maid and I take lap top to room where reception was being held. This was to check the slide show was fine that she had done. This was all about leonie s kids, she had wanted second dance to be "first time I saw your face" and the pictures of the kids on projector, she had been told by first wedding co ordinator this could not be done, I had spoke to second one the previous week explaining we nearly lost leonie and her son 2 year ago when he was born 6wk premature, then she had kidney failure so never got to see him for first few days, and she had spent 10 days in high dependency unit so was unable to care for him as he was in neo. Natal ward, and doing this as a surprise would be so special for her.
    So all was checked and working just fine and off we head for our treatment.

Friday night we had booked table for 15 in the restaurant and we all had a great time with best man ushers bridesmaids parents etc etc?

Saturday the big day, I was awake lots during the night, but at 5 am that was me awake, everything going through my head, I was ok until I noticed a card had beenput under the door, it was from leonie and hubby to be, we started to read it and that was me crying my eyes out, when leonie writes a card it a story, she was thanking us for everything we had done for her and the kids over the years, for giving them this lovely wedding etc etc. I managed to pull myself together and go next door to give her a big cuddle. The girls were getting themselves organised with showers etc and having breakfast brought to the room as the groom etc were also staying in the hotel.
    Hubby and I headed down for b/fast around 8am hairdresser was due around this time too. I never managed to eat muchmy emotions were all over the place, I then met the grooms mum at reception with my wee grandson and I was away again, she was cuddling me which makes u feel worse and saying u are giving her a good send off!! I think it was because she is my youngest and the last of 3 girls to get married, she s really still my baby although she is 25 lol
    So back to the room to get organised, hairdresser in full swing, well with 4 bridesmaids,bride,me and 3 flower girls to do she had her work cut out. Make up girl arrives and starts on the first bridesmaid. I head back to my room to organise her shoes jewellery all out boxes and set everything out, phone call at 9.20 to say video guy was here and can he come up! NO, we not ready for him, dressmaker coming at 10am she had all dresses and was helping dress everyone, this was a god send. Everyone still chilled enjoying a wee glass of champagne hair make up getting done, then poor hubby has to be put out our room toilet the b/maids get ready, meanwhile Leonie so calm, she is a very laid back person I may add.
    Photographer and video guy in the rooms pictures etc getting make up on of her shoes flowers etc.
    D/maker helped me into my outfit, kids dressed, someone said time are we leaving, 1.10pm I said and this was quater past and leonie had just started getting dress on, I said goodbye to hubby and told him to make sure she was ok.
    It was a bit of a squeeze for the b/maids getting into their car with hooped u/skirts but they managed, and a struggle for me climbing into a range rover with my dress pulled up to my waist lol but off we go arriving at 1.45 when they were due to marry at 1.30!! Some pic s done with wee ones, them bridal car arrives, she s not getting out!! So that was me upset tears streaming again, but ended up she only wanted glass of water.
    Son in law comes to take me in, I had to stop and try compose myself again but I ended up walking in with tears streaming down my face, the groom looks at me and says "I hope they're happy tears"
    Ava Maria by beyonce starts to play and I knew she was ready to come in, she was simply stunning, service went well except for the registrar calling her Leona, instead of leonie!
    Outside family shots done then hubby and I with one granddaughter head toInchyra, sun was shinning, people all waiting on wedding party arriving, champagne Canapés being served, beautiful, bride And groom arrive and taken for more pictures, leonie was looking so happy and relaxed.
    Dinner was amazing, speeches had everyone in tears, very emotional again as leonies sisters who were 2 of the bridesmaids done a duet s
    Each about growing up with her and a wee bit about when her wee boy was born, the evening guest arrived, first dance then before second dance, dj says slide show tells its own story and Leonie and her hubby were blown away tosee the wee ones on the screen.
    We had a singer with his guitar and everyone was on the floor they loved him, and the night got better and better.
    I would like to recommend our suppliers as they were all fabulous.

Wedding ceromony- the Undercroft within Linlithgow Palace - amazing
    Wedding Reception- the Macdonald Inchyra Grange Hotel- could nt do enough for us.
    Classic Wedding Events - Centrepiece s chair covers for both venues,Ice Sculpture brilliant, everything was first class.
    Shirley's Cakes- 3 suitcases with bride,groom,2kids this was so well admired, beautiful
    Creche Matters- they were amazing with 20 kids!
    Magic Pete- everyone loved him, kids too
    Bob and Maisie Dougall photographer- Fantastic shots can t wait to see them.
    Events form - DVD guys were fab, look forward to video diary.
    Threepwood Flowers- bouquets were amazing, service fantastic, always something wee bit different.
    Debbie- dressmaker and on the day dresser, nothing was a bother to her- brilliant
    Pamela- hairdresser, fantastic everyone's hair was gorgeous
    Elaine - make up was great, came back before night time guest to freshen everyone's make up.
    Rocco- singer- he was fab

Think that's everything, sorry if it's quite a long report. It hope I have covered everything

Lovely summary of the day! Sounds like you had a fab time and I'm sure your daughter and son-in-law had an amazing day too!

Away to see if I can find you on Facebook to have a nosey at some of your pics!

Platinum Member

Aww that is so lovely! Really like hearing it from a mum's perspective, sounds like you gave your daughter a lovely day xx

Awww really enjoyed reading your recap on day, thanks for sharing! Would love to see some piccies x

Go onto my facebook, I will add the link to photographer when we get it.

im an inchyra grange bride so im so pleased to read such a lovely report. Congratulations x

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

Aww that's lovely. You must be such a proud mummy! Sounds like yous had the perfect day. I hope my day goes just as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mhairi641 View Post
    im an inchyra grange bride so im so pleased to read such a lovely report. Congratulations x
    When is your wedding, what suite are u having?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsAdie View Post
    Aww that's lovely. You must be such a proud mummy! Sounds like yous had the perfect day. I hope my day goes just as well
    I am sure you will, I am a very proud mummy, but was also a very emotional one!!

This is so lovely. I loved reading your run down of the day. Actually brought a tear to my eye! I'm a very emotional b2b at the moment. Hope my day is as perfect as your daughters. Wish them all the best for the future xxx

Quote Originally Posted by ljwhite View Post
    This is so lovely. I loved reading your run down of the day. Actually brought a tear to my eye! I'm a very emotional b2b at the moment. Hope my day is as perfect as your daughters. Wish them all the best for the future xxx
    Thank you so much, I am sure your day will be brilliant, there is highlights clip of the DVD if u want a wee look.