Thread: Another, help with photographer post

Default Another, help with photographer post

hi girls having trouble finding a photographer. i know us girls on here are very thorough in our research i know you will have saw alot of photography websites when finding your own.

I love the style of photographs that julie lamont and norma ann do but feel for what you get are very steep in price.

has anyone saw similar style photos by different photographers who offer abit more ie disc plus album, staying to dancing ect. We are willing to go up to 1900 at a push.

I have saw lovely photographers who give more and for cheaper but have a more unpoised or vintage look which i think is lovely but not for me.

Any help appreciated this is starting to do my head in. Thanks x

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

I loved Julie Lamont's photos but like you I found them a bit too expensive. I've booked Sheila Galvin. Her style is quite relaxed and comtemporary. Her photographs are amazing but her prices are a bit more reasonable. I managed to get a similar package with her that was around £1000 less than Julie Lamont.

www.sheilagalvin.com
    Last edited by FutureMrsAdie; 03-04-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Advertisers Creative Video Troon's Avatar

Hi Tiffany-blue
    I see from your avatar that you have picked Moorpark House. I think that I can suggest a couple of photographers that can provide the type of images that you are after, I know some of them also issue a CD and should come in below your budget. They are Ayrshire based and that means the prices are likely to be less than city based suppliers but the quality is outstanding. Try Dream Day Photography, or John Keachie - you can see samples of their work on my website at www.creativevideotroon.co.uk the Photographers/slideshow page and you can link to their own websites via my links page.
    Creative Video Troon
    http://www.creativevideotroon.co.uk

Hi Tiff;

I don't know what packages Julie or Norma offer, but you may try to ask them directly would they tailor it to your needs. Sometimes photographers agree to make it cheaper but then they skip bridal preparations or don't give you an album and i think its beneficial for both sides.

Hi Tiffany blue,

Just out of interest what have you been quoted by Julie lamont? We have booked with them and are paying 1800 for coverage from bridal prep up until first few dances, a traditional album which is 10"x8", a per wedding shoot with image, and a box of all our proofs from the day as opposed to a disc, that is also including them travelling to Aberdeen for the day.

I know this is at the top end of what your wanting to pay but it's something that your going to look at for years after so it's one of the areas worth splashing on!

Hope you find what your looking for! Xx

We have chosen Norman Matheson

http://www.normanmatheson.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by lovehearts View Post
    I am having Henry from CIA Photography who offer a lot at a good price. I also booked my make up artist today after seeing the makeup she did for my friend's birthday. It was fab. What else do you still have to book? I'm going to look at florists soon too
    Hi thanks will have a wee look.

Booked venue, band now looking to book pics and vid. really liked the look of ann marie and chrissy for hair and make up but cant really do anything bout that yet as wedding not till 2014 and they are not accepting bookings yet so will have to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffany-blue View Post
    Hi thanks will have a wee look.

Booked venue, band now looking to book pics and vid. really liked the look of ann marie and chrissy for hair and make up but cant really do anything bout that yet as wedding not till 2014 and they are not accepting bookings yet so will have to be patient.
    Hi thats funny i also tried to book annmarie and chrissy for 2014, waiting patiently too. lol

Lovehearts who did you book? we are looking at cherry blossom for flowers. x

Stockton-on-Tees for work and Glasgow is where my Fiance is

My photographers are Robert and Susan (http://robertclarkphotography.co.uk/) and I couldn't speak highly enough of them. The have been very friendly right from the moment I met them and make you feel like it's an honour to be involved in your day.

I'm having them from getting ready to first dance, and the price includes 2 photographers! So you can get the best of both worlds as Robert focuses on getting the official pics and Susan capture the 'in the moment' ones. As far as i'm aware all their packages come with a disc and if you don't see the exact package you want they will tailor one for you x
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

I need to visit a florist too,still didn't decide what bouquet would be the best for me,
    Our photographers are www.orangelemur.com, love their style and pricing,
    we are going on our engagement session soon ,can't wait
    Good luck

Hi Tiffany Blue,
    I booked GO4Photography,I just loved the style of them and they do a slide showof some of your pics that night for the evening guests. I know they are also going to be doing some little video bits later in the year too, and its well within your budget I took the biggest package and its only costing me £1595 well that was the price last year, plus Hearth the photographer and his wife are lovely.
    Let us know how you get on. X

I am in a similar dilemma! I am currently looking at orange lemur but don't love their FB pics quite as much as the ones on the site. It's so difficult! They do however offer an evening session/photobooth bit which is very tempting and reasonably priced. Trying to find feedback but I am struggling.

I have seen julie lamont photos. They has nice tricks for capturing photography and wonderful collection of photos.

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edwardjeffi05 View Post
    You need to get a photographer who are reliable and available at cheapest price. Good Luck.
    I don't think that's necessarily the best way to pick a photographer. You can be reliable (in many ways), cheap and absolutely incapable of producing decent photographs.
    Fairy Gokmother

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSundae View Post
    I don't think that's necessarily the best way to pick a photographer. You can be reliable (in many ways), cheap and absolutely incapable of producing decent photographs.
    Something tells me this user, and the one above that, aren't here for the reason we all are...........

Platinum Member

There have been a few really weird posts on the forum over the last couple of weeks, like those above offering strange advice! xx

Hi Tiffany Blue,

I would second the post that Creative Video Troon have made, Dream Day Photography are excellent, I choose them for my wedding day, they made us feel so relaxed and the photos are excellent, such lovely people too, also if you are interested, Creative Video are also fab, they provided me with such lovely memories of my day on DVD, Dreamday and Creative Video are a winning combination. x
    Jacqui Harrow Make-Up Artist
    www.jacquiharrow.com

Hi Tiffany Blue,
    Did you manage to get a photographer? X

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMcQuade2B View Post
    Hi Tiffany Blue,
    Did you manage to get a photographer? X
    hi sent you a pm x