Thread: The Gailes, Irvine

Default The Gailes, Irvine

We are getting married there 31 March 2013.
    Anyone else?? x
    The Day We Got Engaged - 14 February 2011
    Our Wedding Day - 31 March 2013

I got married at the Gailes a couple of years back, it was gorgeous then and even nicer now, I was doing a brides make-up their a couple of weeks ago and it was beautiful, the staff are excellent too, good choice. x

Thank you!! x
    The Day We Got Engaged - 14 February 2011
    Our Wedding Day - 31 March 2013

I've been to a wedding their before, do they have more than one space or is it just the function room to the right of the restaraunt with the bar in the separate room at the back? Im on the look out for a venue, but not sure if its a bit big

I'm getting married there on November 23rd - so excited! Love everything about it and the staff have been fab

Rosie, I cant remember the actual capacity but to give you an idea we're about 60 for the day going up to 130 at night and thats well under capacity. Theres the main reception room, a seperate bar and a "lounge" area which is seperate again and has sofas, we're using it to set up a few things to keep the kids amused but it's ideal for people that want to get away for a chat or a break.

hmm, interesting, it probably depends on the date and day of the week, i've always wondered if venues would have a minimum number of people, if your having 60 that sounds nearer what i was thinking

Some venues do have minimum numbers but it was never mentioned to us. We're getting married out of season though and I know a few venues only have minimum numbers at peak times. Im biased I know but it's definatly worth a look, from the outside it's nothing impressive but the inside is beautiful and the bridal suite stunning (i was hellbent of getting married at turnberry hotel until i saw that, lol!)