Thread: Glue Gun & Crystals

Senior Member clairelouise20012's Avatar

Default Glue Gun & Crystals

Hey Ladies,

I am thinking about buying a cheap pair of shoes and blinging them up with crystals, just to see how they look and if they turn out find then i would do it on my wedding shoes.

Can anyone recommend where i would get a glue gun from and the best place to get crystals.

I would be doing clear crystals on my wedding shoes but would like to experiment with other ones.

Thank you in advance,

Claire xx
    Mrs Stolarek To Be !!

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

I used little crystals to decorate my invitations and favours. I got them really cheap on ebay. I just used UHU glue to stick them on.

you should be able to get both off of ebay. You should also be able to get the glue gun at any crafts store!

I got my glue gun for less than 5 on ebay, still got loads of glue too as they threw in about 30 sticks!

I use GemTac, I think a glue gun would get too messy. Also make sure you buy a couple of different sizes of crystals so you can cover the shoe without leaving any gaps. My top tool is a toothpick with some blutack on the end to make picking the crystals up easy. Also try Habi Craft online (not hobby craft lol) because they are cheap for crystals and they are great. I'm doing a pair of trainers just now for Someone, they didnt want the expense of the Swarovski ones. If you need a hand with anything let me kNow! And good luck!! Xx