Thread: Band help!

Advertisers

Default Band help!

Hi

I'm looking for a band to play at our wedding in April 2014, was hoping to pay round about £800,is this totally unrealistic?

Thanks!

Try Hire a Band website. You type in your budget and they give you a list of bands for that price.
    Good Luckxx

Quote Originally Posted by chelle83 View Post
    Hi

I'm looking for a band to play at our wedding in April 2014, was hoping to pay round about £800,is this totally unrealistic?

Thanks!
    It depends on how big a band you would like. I had a lot of trouble finding a band and didn't get a quote under 1000! I've heard 3 card trick are really good and think they might be just under 1000.

We booked 3 card trick for our wedding in August. They played my friends wedding last year and were great! We paid just under £900 so not much over your budget, although they are getting popular so their price may go up. Price usually goes up, the more members of the band there are, so in theory, a duo would cost significantly less than a 7 piece. Hope this helps

Our band cost £800 and we both preferred them to any other band - it wasnt the cost that made us book them but there style and music.

Hi there, our band (called "my wedding band") cost £1000 BUT this price was bumped up because they added on travel and accommodation from East Kilbride to Inverness. So they are less than this for more "local" weddings. We had so many comments about how good they were at our wedding.

Hi I know Hireaband do showcases aswell, so might be a good idea to go to one of them, means you get to see everyone at the same time and also suss out prices. Good luck x

We booked The Kicks, they were £895 and are brilliant! We also heard 3 Card Trick, liked them too, think their price was £995.
    We saw them both at a Coast Entertainments Showcase but you can hear them on their website www.weddingandfunctionbands.co.uk
    Hope this helps x
    The Day We Got Engaged - 14 February 2011
    Our Wedding Day - 31 March 2013

we've booked studio, and theyre only £850 and we love them

I think its really important to have a live band, and not one that uses backing tracks, i think it will be worth it moneywise

We're having Jiggered and they came in under that budget xx
    I've kissed a lot of frogs to find my Prince!! Roll on 5th August 2012!!!!

You should check out Pulse - they have a trio band who are fantastic! I have booked them for my wedding, they are slightly above your price range but well worth the money in my opinion.

Hi,
    We have just booked Fiore Wedding band for our wedding next Aug. This is a 6 piece band with both male and female vocalists.
    They are really reasonably priced and i would highly recommend them!
    Check out their website;
    www.fioreweddingband.co.uk

I was at a friends wedding recently and they had this great ceilidh and pop covers band. They were a four piece but came definitely came in under £1000. Think they were called Reel Time Band... Was awesome to have a bit of ceilidh mixed in with the covers. Going to see if they are free for mine next year but definitely gonna check out the other suggestions. Thanks guys!

I went to a hire a band showcase and saw studio also and they, in my fiance's and my opinion were the best and as already said were £850 we then won a band in a compition my MIL 2B had entered and i was gutted to not have studio anymore, we lost our deposit but they are great and have a saxophone which makes it so funky! We now have Hidden Agenda who are a house band for Maggie May's pay day Friday and are an 8 piece soul band and I love them but i think they are expensive, if you dont win them. Good Luck

What kind of band are you wanting? My fiance is in a ceilidh band if you want more info PM me.

Advertisers

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for your help! I'm thinking my budget is shot to pieces now as my fiancé is becoming increasingly fussy over our band!
    MrCtobe, thanks for your offer. We are looking for a band that's a mixture, I'm not a big fan of ceilidh.

THREE CARD TRICK!!!! Right on budget!! xxxx

Hi

I noticed that somebody had recomended Fiore - we have also booked them for our big day.

Just had to say that they were the best band that we seen (and we went to a lot of showcases) and they were really reasonable.

We went to see them at their showcase in June and it was a great night!! The dance floor was packed all night so we booked them there and then!! Really looking forward to having them at our wedding

We had the same sort of budget as you and managed to get a great band within our budget

Good luck!!

Hi contact a band called "the fundamentals" AMAZING band they love to work around your budget 6 piece band and play all sorts of music you will find them on Facebook or google there website xx good luck oh may I add I had them at my wedding on 3rd June dance floor was packed all night xx