Thread: Ceilidh band and piper prices!

Default Ceilidh band and piper prices!

Does anyone know what sort of price you can expect to pay for a two piece Ceilidh band for an evening reception? Also how much are Pipers, say to have for the afternoon of your wedding?
    Thankyou

Our 4 piece ceilidh band is £700 (2 hours ceilidh followed by disco) and our piper is around £200 (piping while guests arrive, during photos and into wedding breakfast). It varies wildly though so best idea is to get a few quotes.

our ceilidh band 4 piece (i think!) are £1350 not sure on piper prices, ours is a family friend

Our piper costs £150 -playing 30mins before ceremony, piping into ceremony, exit from ceremony, throughout drinks reception and piped into top table.

We just had a nightmare trying to find a piper - wedding is on same day as Pipe Band Championships apparently! Ours is £180 to play before, during and after ceremony and pipe top table into dinner. I really wanted someone in the full highland dress rather than just the regular kilt as that's what most of our guests are wearing so I think that made the search a bit more difficult than it should have been. For the ceilidh band it's £700 (either a 4 or 5 piece - can't remember!)