Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many hen nights and who goes to which?

Default How many hen nights and who goes to which?

How many hen nights is everyone having? I'm finding it hard to suit everyone especially my mother- although she's only in her 50s she doesn't fancy a big night out. Just wondered if other girls had the same problem and if they tended to have two (one for the older relatives) of if the general trend was just to drag mums and aunties along to a big night out??

I discussed this with my mum, I know she wouldn't enjoy herself at a boozy doo. So having a weekend in Liverpool for party time with a group of girls, hopefully a wee night in Glasgow for those that can't make Liverpool and my mum is having a 'Ladies Day' at hers for family and her close friends. So many things to look forward to this year!

I'm having two: a party hen night with a handful of my closest friends, which is being organised by my friends. Don't have a clue what they are organising but i think its going to be a weekend thing. For the second, i'm literally just going to book a table for dinner in Glasgow and see where the night takes us then aim for the last train home. Don't want it to be any more expensive than an ordinary night out. I'll be inviting most of the women who are going to the full wedding to the second one and i'll have it quite close to the date of the wedding. I think h2b is doing something similar with his mates x
    Last edited by michellel; 18-03-2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling

I plan on having a wee pamper day for the girls in the bridal party, there are only a few of us, one day then dinner and a night out in Glasgow giving people the option to bow out whenever they feel like it.

Seems to be quite common to have separate hen nights for different groups.

I'm having two at the moment - a weekend in liverpool and a night out in glasgow. However, I'm thinking I might like to do something with my gran and my MIL2b - perhaps a lunch and spa day or something. Not quite sure x

Just the one, I can't afford two and I don't want people to fork out alot of money for it either, something small in Glasgow. Most of us are 30+ so it won't be a pub crawl - going for a meal and cocktails and thats it.

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Me and my close friends are going abroad for the weekend.....i know it's expensive but most of them are dying to do it! After that and nearer the wedding I'm going to book a social club and hire a dj in my home town....i'll invite all the ladies who are coming to the wedding and get the girly tunes on the go. Means everyone is under the one roof, the alcohol will be cheap and ill arrange a bus for those that live outwith Greenock. easy peasy.

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Just having one! Don't know the details as bridesmaids are organising a surprise but it's a weekend away in Scotland for 2 nights. Think first night is a "quiet" night then the Sat night is the main night. I stipulated that I wanted somewhere for dinner that mums and aunties would like, then they could stay somewhere quieter if didn't fancy club afterwards! 10 weeks to go! Can't wait!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

I'm having a weekend with my friends which my bridesmaid is planning and then a Sunday afternoon tea with my mum, gran and the other girls in the family.x

we went away on a holiday weekend, so when we got back on the sunday we went to the pub to meet the stag do and both sets of parents, aunties and uncles. most people were off on the monday and people who couldnt make the weekend came along on the sunday too.

I'm having two. 15 of us went to Newcastle for the weekend a few weeks ago and did lunch, cocktail making class and a night of clubbing. It was just my closest friends and 4 of my cousins that came. Then this weekend I'm having a Sex and the City theme party in my house. Decided to have a second one so that my Mum, grooms Mum and all our aunts, grans and younger cousins etc could be included. Starting to panic though cos I've invited about 40 people, don't know how they're all going to fit in my house!! Lol

I'm having two also. I was only planning on having one but a few of my friends can't make the official one which is abroad, so I'm having one local so everyone can go

x X x

I'm just going to do a group one with everyone that wants to come along (typical meal followed by drinking session idea) and I'll try and do something with my mum on our own (spa overnight) if we can fit in the time.

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

I'm planning on having 2, a few days abroad with the younger lot of us (most likely Ibiza for about 3 or 4 days as I'm dying to go) then a wee night in Glasgow for those who cant make the abroad trip & the older ladies (H2B's mum will be 75 the year we get married, cant imagine her raving away with some glow sticks in Ibiza.....then again she is young at heart ) xx

Not sure yet but plan on only having 1...can't afford to have any more than that and all my friends/family are party type girls anyway although not too rowdy (getting old LOL) so should be fine. Hoping to have a wee weekend away, a spa day then a party night on the Saturday x

Super Senior Member

I think 2. One here in the States which will probably be dinner and some drinks hopefully in NYC. And then I'll have one over there with my sisters in law and their girls who are over 18. Not sure what where we'll go but I'm hoping somewhere fun in Glasgow.

I'm having 2 aswell, weekend away with all the girls, going down the Alton Towers, then having a night in Arta in Glasgow with the close friends and family. xx

Indecisive/Unorganised

I'm having a spa day with my mum, 3 bridesmaids and (hopefully) mother in law close to time, I don't really drink and I'm more a "chat over coffee" person than a "night out" type of person. But some of my mates have decided that they want to have a party/night out so they're organising that, but it won't be a girls only thing, as i have more male friends than female. Not sure if I should do something for female rellies though, my cousin invited me to her hen weekend a few years back so feel like I should, but they all have to come up from London anyway, so I worry about them spending extra money. I'm thinking that maybe just all go out for a couple drinks the night before or something. I agree that it can get quite expensive though, especially when you have a few different groups of people.

Stockton-on-Tees for work and Glasgow is where my Fiance is

I seem to be having 3!

One in Glasgow with friends (and few family who have been arsed to make the effort!) a month before wedding
    One in Girvan for family - karaoke pub crawl cos that's all there is to do - weekend before wedding
    And a pamper party for just the bridal party a few days before the big day

I think these days it's hard to please everyone x
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Just having the one, there is 9 of us going down to Musselburgh Races, followed by a meal out and cocktails in Edinburgh and home on the saturday. There is a mix of us, my mum and aunt, H2Bs mum and her friend (these 2 will bring their A game) and 5 friends. Might have a BBQ when the boys are away on the stag night, with a couple of the girls. Cocktails and Fizzy wine mainly.

I'm having 2, 18 of us - including my mum and auntie - are going to Magalluf for the weekend a month before the wedding. A few weeks later i'm having a night out in my home town with all my friends, work colleagues and family. I know that not everyone can afford to/want to come abroad so i want something low cost for everyone!! xx

Quote Originally Posted by s8mmyjo View Post
    I'm having 2, 18 of us - including my mum and auntie - are going to Magalluf for the weekend a month before the wedding. A few weeks later i'm having a night out in my home town with all my friends, work colleagues and family. I know that not everyone can afford to/want to come abroad so i want something low cost for everyone!! xx
    Hi s8mmyjo, can i ask who you booked your weekend with and what time of year you are going? I'm thinking Magalluf but trying to get an idea of prices. Thanks

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

im having 2, had one with 38 of us in shanghai shuffle last week, which was awesome. then next weekend me and 7 of my closest friends are going to benidorm for 4 nights super excited x

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie1305 View Post
    Hi s8mmyjo, can i ask who you booked your weekend with and what time of year you are going? I'm thinking Magalluf but trying to get an idea of prices. Thanks
    Hiya

We booked with Jet2, the total cost was £246 Half Board Friday - Monday. The flights were a bit more expensive than ryanair etc but its only £25pp deposit for group booking so suited us better. We are going in September.

I was in Maga last year for my friends hen do in May and it was fantastic!!! Hen drank for free in most bars!! lol xxx

For someone who didn't really want a hen im now having two!

Just received an email from my girlfriends down south; we're going away for 3 nights in July, dont know any other details its being kept a secret from me!

Im also having something back home for friends/family; maybe meal somewhere, im going to research this over next week and get a date in the diary.