Thread: Any other student brides to be out there?

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

Default Any other student brides to be out there?

I'm currently in 1st year of a degree in Mental Health nursing, Havent found it too bad so far as I dont feel there's been a huge workload, but I'm dreading the next 2 years.

I find myself getting distracted really easily though....for example, I don't start until 1pm today and I've spent all morning looking at wedding hair and make up.

How are you all coping with the balance of the 2?

Same! I get distracted all the time too. I'm in Uni at 1 as well. I'm 2nd year adult nursing. I Thought 1st year was ok but omg 2nd year so much harder. I do believe 2nd year is the worst out the 3 though!

I'm working full time but I'm trying to do a masters part time. I'm sitting with the books in front of me right now ha ha! The wedding is a major distraction lol x

I'm in 2nd year of a geophysics degree. Having a nightmare at the moment as can't get my head into gear. Everytime I go on the computer I end up looking at wedding things rather than studying (like now!) 2nd year for me is so much harder than 1st.

Smile

I'm currently doing professional accountancy exams, whilst working full time and doing up our house...I like to keep busy but this is crazy at times! I try not to get too distracted but its hard when I can look at lots of pretty wedding things much more fun than reading about Law haha! I think all it means is we need to be more organised. it's 16 months til our wedding and just trying to keep on top of things doing it little by little to spread out the costs and the stress!

xxxx

I am in my third year of my joint honours in biochemistry and immunology....I know exactly what you mean when it comes to studying and wedding stuff!

Luckily I don't get married till 1 year after I graduate but that doesn't stop me looking at wedding stuff just now.

I'm constantly looking at wedding stuff when I'm supposed to be studying but I try and say to myself that if I do what uni work I need to get done then once its finished I can spend the rest of the evening looking at wedding related things!

It works....sometimes anyway!!

F xx
    Saturday 21st June 2014 - Solsgirth House

I'm doing my professional accountancy exams as well, working full time and arranging a wedding in Scotland while I live in London.

I spend most of my time switching the laptop on and looking at weddingy bits instead of logging in to a lecture!
    i've still got another 18 months to go so hopefully I can get bits down during the summer between exams and studying :-)!

L x
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

I really need to get my head down. Going to book a few more things next month, so I'm hoping the wedding fascination will die down a bit after that and I can get on with my studies until next year.( wedding is July 2013). What's making it worse is that my friend from Uni is getting married in May....so we are constantly talking about weddings at the moment. Think were driving our classmates up the wall!

30th June 2012! Mrs Strachan to be's Avatar

Im doing my postgrad in primary teaching and trying to buy a house in Blairgowrie, i live in glasgow atm..... and our wedding is on 30th June 2012. to say im stressed is an understatement. dont think im getting time to enjoy wedding planning as much as i should because uni work and school placements comes first at the moment. all my big things are done, but starting to get suppliers emailing me for things and im like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah havent even thought of that yet. lol... got a big placement coming up after easter so the 2 weeks off uni im hoping to use to do as much wedding stuff as possible. im just lucky my mum has been a great help.x
    Roll on 30th June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostMrsM View Post
    I'm currently doing professional accountancy exams, whilst working full time and doing up our house...I like to keep busy but this is crazy at times! I try not to get too distracted but its hard when I can look at lots of pretty wedding things much more fun than reading about Law haha! I think all it means is we need to be more organised. it's 16 months til our wedding and just trying to keep on top of things doing it little by little to spread out the costs and the stress!

xxxx
    Lots of accountants out there lol! My H2B and I took the easy way out as we were both doing ICAS at the same time so waited until we'd finished to plan the wedding, mainly because it was hard enough for him to drag himself away from the xbox to study let alone do anything else! I know a few people that did it at the same time though and if you're organised then it works well. Good luck with exams when they come round and enjoy the wedding planning x

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

I just finished my 3 year midwifery degree in November and really struggled doing essays, research etc as kept getting distracted by the forum! But I got there in the end! And now I'm meant to be completing the flying start programme, but again, keep getting distracted! At least there's no official deadlines! I just have to finish it by 5th December this year, so I can feel a marathon cramming session coming on in the second part of the year after the wedding is past!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

Yay fellow student brides! I know exactly where ur comin from! I'm half way through my 3rd year of a psychology degree and The workload is intense! We decided to start planning the wedding while I was in my second year and naively thought it would be no problem.. Ha! I spend more time on weddings related sites than I do anything Uni related! I finish for the summer on the 8th of June and get married The 8th of July!

I just try prioritise course work and arrange wedding related things when its that little bit quiter at Uni! Exams are the worst for me! I really struggle to stay focused when I'm at the computer with the temptation of here mainly! So if possible try reading and studying away from the computer! And as said before I try reward myself with an evening of wedding things

X

Ive really taken too much on this year and im really struggling now. I keep forgetting things as ive got too much going on in my mind so might be dropping one of my modules. My H2B works away, usually he gets home every so often but hes only been home 9 days in 5 months (christmas). So now im looking after a 2 year old, trying to learn a speach programme as he has a speech delay (and possibly another condition), plan a wedding and honeymoon and try to teach myself advanced maths in prep for 3rd year along with my normal studies and put up with an illness of my own!! No wonder my hair is falling out lol. At least H2B is due home (although the date keeps getting pushed back) so hopefully i'll get some of my sanity back!

I work full-time and I'm doing a part-time maths and stats degree, and it's SUCH a struggle not to let the mind wander to wedding related things! I have an online tutorial in half an hour and I know I'm going to be on here at the same time! lol :/ x
    ~ Debi & Fraser ~ 4th July 2013 ~

Fraser and Debi's Wedding Website

Quote Originally Posted by MissMartin View Post
    I'm currently in 1st year of a degree in Mental Health nursing, Havent found it too bad so far as I dont feel there's been a huge workload, but I'm dreading the next 2 years.

I find myself getting distracted really easily though....for example, I don't start until 1pm today and I've spent all morning looking at wedding hair and make up.

How are you all coping with the balance of the 2?

Hey I'm in second year adult branch and I spend al day doing weddng stuff I say to myself if I get all the planning out the way I'll study better do I heck!!!!

Doing a MSc after a year of not getting a job. In a brand new course that's has a LOT of problems. Got almost everything sorted for August apparently..that was until last night. The future mother in law has settled on a white outfit and instead of driving to the reception venue and checking into a hotel they want to be in one of the wedding cars and blah blah blah after telling me months ago that they weren't going to. EVERYTHING WAS SORTED! I spent the Christmas break buying and booking :| Being a student was a lot more fun when i was getting expenses.
    05/08/12 - In your face Dad, someone is stupid enough to marry me.

Senior Platinum Member

i was an NC student when I got engaged in 2009 now I've graduated from my HNC and went to uni to do the BA but now I've dropped uni and found myself a nursery job which i start in the next few weeks. It was so hard being a student and getting married cos all i could eat, sleep and breathe was weddings a year or so ago so it was hard concentrating on exams and stuff. when we get married my h2b will still be at uni but just for the year but still planning to have our honeymoon baby lol

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LG2B View Post
    Lots of accountants out there lol! My H2B and I took the easy way out as we were both doing ICAS at the same time so waited until we'd finished to plan the wedding, mainly because it was hard enough for him to drag himself away from the xbox to study let alone do anything else! I know a few people that did it at the same time though and if you're organised then it works well. Good luck with exams when they come round and enjoy the wedding planning x
    I did think about waiting until I had qualified but that would be 2014 I'd finish exams so probably 2015 before the wedding...I'm too impatient haha! I have set myself the task of sitting 6 exams between now and the wedding so will have a month after my exams next June before the wedding in July. Some poeple say I'm mad but I just want to be Mrs M so I have to do it! Congrats on finishing ICAS it must be such a good feeling knowing you can concentrate solely on the wedding! I know how you feel about the xbox thankfully my H2B isnt a student or we would have no hope of anything getting done haha! xx

I've just finished my first year of a BEd Primary course. I stupidly decided to get married March of 2nd year so trying to get everything planned before September. Aargh!!

I went back to Uni and I'm now in the third year and got a year to go, actually I just got my results yesterday and passed third year so heading into my last year as an undergrad after the summer, wo hooo! (and will be a Mrs when I return for fourth year!!)

I booked my wedding in 2010 when I was in first year and been planning the whole way thro, it's been tough but I was really strict with myself and done tonnes of wedding stuff in the summer and the Christmas break then when Uni went back I got back to my books. Now wedding is in a few weeks and I've managed it but the juggling at points was a nightmare and to be totally honest a weeny bit of me sometimes wishes I had waited until I graduated but I'm getting there and I know that it'll be worth all the balancing work on the big day

x x x

x x x
    Last edited by MissR2MrsR; 16-06-2012 at 05:46 AM.

I've just finished my first year of my Spanish and Latin American Studies degree (I'm so glad the exams are over and done with) and theoretically I should have lots of free time during the summer holidays and be knee-deep in planning, but it feels like I have most things already organised and it's mostly the paying that needs done. With 85 days to go, it's the invitations that need sent out next week O_o but with even my friends-who-have-Facebook being asked for addresses, I've only had back 4! Argh! Running around after people is not one of my strong points >_< But we'll get there. As long as we're married by the end of the day, it's been a success.

And to get back on topic with student-ness, we're having our wedding on Saturday 8th September and Uni starts back up on the Monday! Yay!

Advertisers

In any case, it is very important to find a good essay writing service, because it is connected with discipline and plagiarism. Sometimes its advisable to pay a little more and be sure that the essay will be outstanding. Essay writing is the trend of the day. Whatever we do - we study or work - we are in a hurry, because there is always a lot of work, and there is no time at all. Therefore, I prefer to buy a cheap essay instead of writing it myself. I am interested in this service https://studymoose.com/. What can you say about it?