Thread: DIY invites a go!

Cool DIY invites a go!

Have just purchased all the items I need to make my invites. So excited

Can't wait for them to arrive, so I can give them a trial.

Weddings not until dec but wish it was sooner!!
    Saturday 15th December 2012

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

So exciting! I was really excited waiting on my invite stuff to come through. The novelty soon wore off after about 10 invitations! Glad I started early so I can just do a little at a time. What style are you going for? You'll need to get some pics up of your designs. I've got some pics of mine I'll need to upload.

Yeah I can imagine i'll be clawing my hair before long! That's why I'm starting early too. Will get them done in the summer hols when the schools are off I think.

They're quite hard to describe. I found these assorted colour vintage note cards and fell in love, I'm using personalised stamps to add the details to give it that antique feel. I also picked up assorted vintage mini blank cards that I'm using as RSVP. And I have personalised twine/ribbon to tie them together.

My whole theme is relaxed vintage and I love the mix and match colours. Not everyone's cuppa but it suits us mum certainly gave us a few funny looks when I mentioned it.

What style have you chosen? Would love to see pics.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsAdie View Post
    So exciting! I was really excited waiting on my invite stuff to come through. The novelty soon wore off after about 10 invitations! Glad I started early so I can just do a little at a time. What style are you going for? You'll need to get some pics up of your designs. I've got some pics of mine I'll need to upload.
    thats what im worried about happening, so although our weddings not til sep, i will start making them while im off for the easter break. i would say though i love arty things so im sure it will take a bit more than 10 to dampen the mood.

First stamp has arrived and it's lush! Going to wait (not patiently) for the rest to arrive before I attempt an invite.

Yeeeeah!!! So excited xx

Ah!! All my DIY invites arrived today I am so worried about making them now it's going to take a lot of time and work and I need them out by the end of the month!!! I've gone for pocket folds I've ordered some samples of vintagey paper but at 55p per sheet not sure if I will order more, not sure how it will all come together but fingers crossed!!!

I'm making my invites too. Wedding isn't til December but going to start in the summer in case it's a nightmare! I'm roping my bridesmaids and my mum to help with them. I'm going to reward them with an afternoon tea party with prosecco! I'm taking loads of photos of all aspects of the wedding planning. Hoping to have a nice little photo album at the end of it to remind me of all the fun I've had planning the big day!

They sound lovely Mrs Morrsion2b (thats what I'll be too ). I got lovely vintage paper from HobbyCraft dont think it was as expensive as that. Do they need to be out by the end of March or April? dont envy you!

Michellel thats a great idea of the photo album, think I might steal it? When in Dceember are you getting married?
    x0x

Yeah go for it! I'm quite sentimental so love holding on to photos and wee snipets of things that remind me of good times!

I'm getting married on 28th December. I feel a bit bad for the guests with it being so close to Christmas but it's my favourite time of year! We got together in December, bought our house a year later and he propsed on Christmas day!

I'm having a bit of a vintage theme too! Where are u getting married? X

Aw thats lovely! I think it'll be nice to give them something to look forward to between Crimbo an New Year. We choose Dec as I'll be celebrating my 30th on the 13th so double the celebration!

The Piersland, Troon. Liked it because it went with our theme and felt more intimate for our smaller numbers, plus we spend a lot of time in Troon. What about you? Where have you booked?x

Yeah definately- it's always a bit depressing that week once Christmas day is over! I always think ny is overrated but I'm looking forward to celebrating it on my honeymoon this year! New year, new chapter!!

That'll be lovely! What a nice way to celebrate your 30th! Plus it will make it easy for h2b to remember his wedding anniversary lol.

The piersland is lovely. I was at a wedding there a couple of years ago. Plus the gardens are really nice too. I think it will be a perfect venue for a winter wedding! We're getting married at the Savoy Park Hotel in Ayr. I'm the same, we chose it because it suited our small numbers plus it's all dark wood, dark colours and fireplaces- ideal for a winter wedding x

Yeah thats what I thought, no excuse to forget!

Our best friend got married at the Savoy two years ago and it was lovely, nice and intimate, plus again lovely gardens too. We seem to be thinking along the same lines.

Where are you honeymooning? I'm the same as you normally find New Year over-rated, cant wait to spend New Year abroad we're off to Thailand. x

That'll be amazing! I've never been to Thailand but it is somewhere that I've always really wanted to go. We're doing a road trip called the Las Vegas Grand Circle. I'm really looking forward to seeing the grand canyon! x

Aw that sound great, we thought about getting married in Vegas. It'll be amazing. My aunt goes every year and my friend is away there just now, they both love it. I'd love to do a road trip in America. Maybe from our anniversary. x