Thread: Quick questions for any solicitors on here - NWR

Default Quick questions for any solicitors on here - NWR

Hi ladies, quick question for you!

H2B and I are about to put our flat on the market, agent is coming round tomorrow to get photos etc to prepare the survey along with a surveyor for the home report. Thing is we didn't realise that we need a solicitor, our financial advisor just happened to mention it in passing which is the only reason i now know we need one!

When we bought our flat we used a local firm but we moved 30 miles away so using them again isn't really practical. Have absolutly no idea where to start looking, if i need a certain kind of solicitor or if anyone can deal with whatever it is that needs to be done (which is what im hoping as one of our ushers is a solicitor!) etc so can any of you tell me what i'm after? Also, will we need to actually go into the offiice to sign documents etc? Probably a silly question but if it can all be done by phone/email we could probably use the same firm again but as I work full time and he does night shifts if we need to physically go see them I'll need someone local I can dash round to in my lunch hour.

Thank you!

Conveyancing direct are a firm of solicitors who deal with property transactions and try to do as much as poss by post/email. Think there might still be some documents you need to go in to sign though. I'm not a solicitor but used to be in mortgage business

Default Usher!

USHER

Ask your usher if he could recommend someone in your area, if he can't then I am sure that his collegues will know someone.

No harm in asking him

I just sold my flat and didn't need to go to the solicitors in person. They just emailed me a couple of documents to sign and send back. Hope that helps.

I'm a paralegal and work for Solicitors. You can go onto the law society website and find a solicitor in your area. You need a conveyancing solicitor. Most can be done without you having to go in to the office, they can mail you the stuff. But as you don't seem to know much about the process it might be better for you to meet with your solicitor so they can explain it to you.

Hi clarabanana,

You're looking for a conveyancing solicitor, most firms have at least one. You will need to sign paperwork but won't need to go into an office to do it, as jahooliab says, you can be e-mailed or posted the docs and you can sign and post them back. If you were happy with the firm you used before I would use them, or speak to your usher - even if he doesn't do conveyancing he will (probably) be able to get you a friends and family discount if you use his firm. The difficulty with using a new firm is that the money laundering requirements these days are pretty strict - if you haven't been a client before they will almost always want to meet with you in person.

Hope that's helpful! X

Hi,

We are currently in the process or selling our flat and buying a new house. Fortunately we have been able to use the same firm of solicitors that helped us buy our flat 5 years ago which means that they were happy to accept photocopy of our passports etc to satisfy their money laundering requirements. If not, we would have had to go to office in person.

Where are you based?

L x

Thanks for the advice ladies, spoke to the usher earlier and he's asking round for us as his company only do criminal law to see if someone knows anyone local that can help us out.

Lesley, we live in kilwinning but i work in stewarton so anyone kind ayrshire north/east ayrshire based is ideal.

Advertisers

It is very good that people have been notified. The area code discrepancy can cause many issues. For example, if you order the delivery to your door and state the wrong figure in your are code, the courier may seriously delay your order. And you will not receive any compensation if you made a mistake in your address. It becomes your responsibility. Click here https://areacodes.net/214 to recheck your area code.

Advertisers

You can even challenge your friends and family to a game called how to play injustice gods among us.