Thread: NMR Interview

Question NWR Interview

Hello all,

Just after some advice, I currently live in Leeds and HATE HATE HATE it!!! Nothing wrong with Leeds it's self, been there for 9 months and just miss being away from home. I have managed to secure an interview in Glasgow with the chance of being able to come home and I want that opportunity so much. I'm not necessarily thrilled about the job, it's temp and fixed term where as I currently have a permanent surgical job, much more my cup of tea.

Anyway I'm going to go to the interview and see what happens BUT I feel like before I got my current job I had so many interviews and never had any specific feedback, I was told I interviewed well but never got any of the jobs. How do I improve my chances/interview better? Any help much appreciated as I'm desperate!! xx
    Last edited by watson2b; 04-03-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Hi, good luck for the interview! I regularly interview people in my role, and I would say preparation is most essential. Make sure you can reference a range of examples from your career, and ensure you can use these to display your strengths. We often ask about what you are not so good at - as it gives us an idea of how well someone can critcally appraise themselves. Make sure you have done some research into the role you will be doing as well as the company. If you are asked a question & you dont have the answer/experience they are looking for - always answer with "i have not worked on 'x' before but I have done this which is similar...' its always a letdown in an interview if someone just says 'no, i cant do that' vs at least trying to be creative with their response.
    Hope that helps! X

Hi-and best of luck!!!!
    I used to work in a recruitment role within finance and I'd agree with the above; go armed with loads of anecdotal examples of what you can do. Sounds obvious, but power dress-wear a proper very smart suit and smart heels, smart hair and make up-look as professionally polished as possible as presentation is key.
    Smile, eye contact, firm handshake... All v important. Again sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised how many people forget these key elements of communication.
    Above all, show that you're enthusiastic. Laugh, smile, show that you enjoy what you do and that you'd be a positive force in the workplace.

Good luck!!

Ive just moved and have been interviewing recently. I have found that actually relaxing before the interview and being honest works i.e., if you are asked what your weakness is telll them; but also demonstrate why it could be percieved as a positive as well. Always answer openly and not with closed answers. If you need to think of an answer take a few seconds to digest or repeat the question to clarify what they are looking for; a bit of banter always helps too

Always try and have a glass of water there, then if you need some thinking time to answer a question, take a drink, its gives you a few seconds to think without there being a funny silence!
    07-06-2012

Thanks for the advice girls, all very useful. My interview is today so I'll let you know how it goes.
    Thinking positive thoughts! x