Thread: Tan!

Default Tan!

Looking for advice/other experiences!

I'd like a bit of a healthy glow for my wedding in June. Have had a couple of spray tans when I was a bridesmaid and for other weddings and I just felt a bit too dark. I remember about 10 years ago I had a Clinique fake tan when I was a bridesmaid for my aunty and it was just a nice glow....but I don't know if salons have moved on from this kind of thing now?

Any ideas?

Ax

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

I'm not one for the sunbeds and prefer to fake not bake. However I think for my wedding I might have a couple as I would hate for any fake tan to rub off on my white dress. If you know of any that aren't too bad at rubbing off on your clothes then I'd say go for that but in my experience I always find there is some transfer.

I agree - I've never found a fake tan that didn't transfer onto my clothes so I am thinking that I will use the sunbeds for a short while before the wedding - not for very long and only to get a bit of a glow - I don't want to look like I actually have a tan but also dont want to look pasty white! I never thought I would want to do anything to my skin when I was getting married, but I was spoiled when I tried by dress on after going on holiday and i had a nice tan and I love it - so going to try to get a happy medium!

After working in a sunbed shop and doing spray tans I'm now really anti-tanning. I've bought some bronzing powder from Dior for my arms chest and back so hopefully a bit of glow but no dress staining.

Had a Sienna tan today so will se how it looks tomorrow! I think I'd get it a couple of days before to try to reduce transfer.
    Hopefully I'll figure something out - definitely won't be getting any sunbeds, I'm a doctor and they're really dangerous. Glassblower, Dior bronzing powder sounds good have you used it before?

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AllyT View Post
    Had a Sienna tan today so will se how it looks tomorrow! I think I'd get it a couple of days before to try to reduce transfer.
    Hopefully I'll figure something out - definitely won't be getting any sunbeds, I'm a doctor and they're really dangerous. Glassblower, Dior bronzing powder sounds good have you used it before?
    Let us know how the Sienna tan works out. I'd rather not have to use the sunbeds so if it doesn't transfer too much I might give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by AllyT View Post
    No but it looked really nice when she tried it on me in the shop

Best thing to do if you use fake tan is.......
    have a really really good exfoliate the day before, and cream yourself up all over. Pay extra attention to elbows, knees and so on. If you can do this a couple of nights in a row even better. When you get your tan done have pure fresh skin. No deodorant (sometimes goes green), no perfume and definitely no creams. You might want to cream your hands though as a barrier so the color doesn't absorb too much, or if you still have some dry patches. Don't put your bra back on! Make sure you have loose clothing so not to disturb the colour.

Why not try an everyday tanning lotion? I like San Tropez Everyday which is a gradual tanning lotion. You can have a trial week before the wedding where you use if for a few days until you reach the tan depth you want? I think that they work really well and just give you a healthy glow without looking orange!

Im having a tan called thats so sun make up, not many salons use it but it is really fab doesnt rub off on clothes and comes off your skin beautifully which is defo a plus if your going on your honeymoon straight after your big day, x

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

I'm just going for the pale and interesting look. I tried various fake tans for weddings in the past and looking back at photos, I just look fake and orange next to H2b who is pale. I also hate the way most fake tans wear off so the one you suggest jacq24 sounds appealing, but I think I'll stick to my natural paleness!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by jacq24 View Post
    Im having a tan called thats so sun make up, not many salons use it but it is really fab doesnt rub off on clothes and comes off your skin beautifully which is defo a plus if your going on your honeymoon straight after your big day, x
    Hiya, do you know what salons offer this tan? x