Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Clarisonic?

  1. #1
    Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dunfermline, Fife, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,494

    Default Clarisonic?

    Does anyone use Clarisonic or know anyone who does and would you recommend it?
    Fairy Gokmother

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    193

    Default

    I used it for about 6 months and can't say as I noticed much difference - it does make your face feel clean but then my cleanser does this anyway for a lot less cash!. I have the pro one that retails about 180/200.

  3. #3
    Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dunfermline, Fife, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    I used it for about 6 months and can't say as I noticed much difference - it does make your face feel clean but then my cleanser does this anyway for a lot less cash!. I have the pro one that retails about 180/200.
    Blast! I was sort of hoping that it would be really good. I was planning to buy the Classic or Pro so I could use it on my shoulders too (as they get really bad and I've got an off-the-shoulder dress, so they'll be a bit of a focus).
    Fairy Gokmother

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Could you use the hot cloth cleansing method on your shoulders? I swear by it for my face!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Ah it's only my face I've used it on. It does come with a body brush though so maybe someone on the forum's used it and got results?. I was reading on a blog that lush mint mask is amazing for back and shoulders - bit cheaper than clarisonic (!) so might be worth a try.

  6. #6
    Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dunfermline, Fife, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty_Wrong View Post
    Could you use the hot cloth cleansing method on your shoulders? I swear by it for my face!
    I already use a hot cloth cleanser in the evenings, but I just want to ramp it up even more for the last 8 weeks to the wedding (and beyond).
    Fairy Gokmother

  7. #7
    Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dunfermline, Fife, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    Ah it's only my face I've used it on. It does come with a body brush though so maybe someone on the forum's used it and got results?. I was reading on a blog that lush mint mask is amazing for back and shoulders - bit cheaper than clarisonic (!) so might be worth a try.
    I've used that before and it never seemed to do much, but I suppose that it doesn't help that I don't really have time to lie down with it on my back for 15 minutes very often. I figured a 1 minute cleanse every day would be easier to do.
    Fairy Gokmother

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Hi SpecialSundae, I have a Clarisonic and do really like it, I haven't used it on my body as yet but I do think its made a difference to the acne scarring on my face. I would say that if your thinking about trying it go to QVC - they do a 30 day money back guarantee so if you dont get on with it you can send it back. I found that when I initially used it, it brought a lot of spots out, but now its more settled and when they do come out they tend to go quite quickly!

  9. #9
    Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dunfermline, Fife, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vintagebelle View Post
    Hi SpecialSundae, I have a Clarisonic and do really like it, I haven't used it on my body as yet but I do think its made a difference to the acne scarring on my face. I would say that if your thinking about trying it go to QVC - they do a 30 day money back guarantee so if you dont get on with it you can send it back. I found that when I initially used it, it brought a lot of spots out, but now its more settled and when they do come out they tend to go quite quickly!
    I've found one from a reputable seller in New York that will ship to me for 80ish (or a little bit more with an extra double-pack of brushes, but with cashback so it works out around the same).
    Fairy Gokmother

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    193

    Default

    80 is an absolute bargain and the cheapest I've ever heard of. I paid 180 and that was with a discount, I guess they're different models?

  11. #11
    Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dunfermline, Fife, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    80 is an absolute bargain and the cheapest I've ever heard of. I paid 180 and that was with a discount, I guess they're different models?
    Yeah, it's for the Mia model which is simpler than the Pro version but usually retails at about 120.
    Fairy Gokmother

  12. #12
    Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dunfermline, Fife, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    It arrived on Thursday and I started using it yesterday. I know it's really early days but even after using it just twice my pores are looking smaller. I know there's a period of backlash to come, but for this weekend I'm happy that my skin looks almost perfect for a couple of days before that happens!
    Fairy Gokmother

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •