Thread: Clarisonic?

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

Default Clarisonic?

Does anyone use Clarisonic or know anyone who does and would you recommend it?
    Fairy Gokmother

I used it for about 6 months and can't say as I noticed much difference - it does make your face feel clean but then my cleanser does this anyway for a lot less cash!. I have the pro one that retails about 180/200.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    I used it for about 6 months and can't say as I noticed much difference - it does make your face feel clean but then my cleanser does this anyway for a lot less cash!. I have the pro one that retails about 180/200.
    Blast! I was sort of hoping that it would be really good. I was planning to buy the Classic or Pro so I could use it on my shoulders too (as they get really bad and I've got an off-the-shoulder dress, so they'll be a bit of a focus).
    Fairy Gokmother

Could you use the hot cloth cleansing method on your shoulders? I swear by it for my face!

Ah it's only my face I've used it on. It does come with a body brush though so maybe someone on the forum's used it and got results?. I was reading on a blog that lush mint mask is amazing for back and shoulders - bit cheaper than clarisonic (!) so might be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty_Wrong View Post
    Could you use the hot cloth cleansing method on your shoulders? I swear by it for my face!
    I already use a hot cloth cleanser in the evenings, but I just want to ramp it up even more for the last 8 weeks to the wedding (and beyond).
    Fairy Gokmother

Ah it's only my face I've used it on. It does come with a body brush though so maybe someone on the forum's used it and got results?. I was reading on a blog that lush mint mask is amazing for back and shoulders - bit cheaper than clarisonic (!) so might be worth a try.
    I've used that before and it never seemed to do much, but I suppose that it doesn't help that I don't really have time to lie down with it on my back for 15 minutes very often. I figured a 1 minute cleanse every day would be easier to do.
    Fairy Gokmother

Hi SpecialSundae, I have a Clarisonic and do really like it, I haven't used it on my body as yet but I do think its made a difference to the acne scarring on my face. I would say that if your thinking about trying it go to QVC - they do a 30 day money back guarantee so if you dont get on with it you can send it back. I found that when I initially used it, it brought a lot of spots out, but now its more settled and when they do come out they tend to go quite quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by vintagebelle View Post
    Hi SpecialSundae, I have a Clarisonic and do really like it, I haven't used it on my body as yet but I do think its made a difference to the acne scarring on my face. I would say that if your thinking about trying it go to QVC - they do a 30 day money back guarantee so if you dont get on with it you can send it back. I found that when I initially used it, it brought a lot of spots out, but now its more settled and when they do come out they tend to go quite quickly!
    I've found one from a reputable seller in New York that will ship to me for 80ish (or a little bit more with an extra double-pack of brushes, but with cashback so it works out around the same).
    Fairy Gokmother

80 is an absolute bargain and the cheapest I've ever heard of. I paid 180 and that was with a discount, I guess they're different models?

80 is an absolute bargain and the cheapest I've ever heard of. I paid 180 and that was with a discount, I guess they're different models?
    Yeah, it's for the Mia model which is simpler than the Pro version but usually retails at about 120.
    Fairy Gokmother

It arrived on Thursday and I started using it yesterday. I know it's really early days but even after using it just twice my pores are looking smaller. I know there's a period of backlash to come, but for this weekend I'm happy that my skin looks almost perfect for a couple of days before that happens!
    Fairy Gokmother