Thread: Newbie!! Beach wedding venues??

Default Newbie!! Beach wedding venues??

Hi all,

Ive just started planning our wedding and we have our hearts set on a beach wedding somewhere in Scotland. At the moment we have only found this http://www.road-to-the-isles.org.uk/...-weddings.html but are looking for other ideas. Can anyone help?

thanks!

Me xx

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

I've seen a couple of fab weddings on the beach at Crear on blogs. I think they were on Rock My Wedding or Love My Dress (both well worth checking out).

And welcome the forum!

Rx
    Fairy Gokmother

30th June 2012! Mrs Strachan to be's Avatar

theres a lovely beach at seamill hydro??Xx
    Roll on 30th June 2012

[QUOTE=SpecialSundae;123401]I've seen a couple of fab weddings on the beach at Crear on blogs. I think they were on Rock My Wedding or Love My Dress (both well worth checking out).

And welcome the forum!

Rx[/QUOTE
    i was also going to suggest clear.it looks lovely .

I love beach weddings, and in Scotland you can be married on most beaches, as long as you have an authorised Celebrant. But the arrangements depend on a number of factors - do you want something informal or formal? Is it a small intimate wedding or a large one? How will you plan for bad weather, and how will your guests cope?

I have held weddings on several beaches including Lunan Bay in Angus, Findhorn in Moray, Yellowcraigs in East Lothian (all informal, and no wet weather option), and the log cabin at Ravensheugh is always popular - you can be married on the beach then party at the log cabin http://www.logcabinravensheugh.co.uk/

There are also many hotels around Scotland with beach access, catering for all styles and budgets: Knockinaam Lodge in Portpatrick, Pier House Hotel in Port Appin, Orocco Pier in South Queensferry, The Bay Hotel near Kinghorn in Fife, Kilcamb Lodge in Argyll. And I agree with the other replies - Crear is wonderful.

Jane
    www.yourserviceinscotland.co.uk