Thread: Honeymoon chat

Default Honeymoon chat

Hi ladies

Just been thinking about honeymoon and what to wear etc. We are going to Sri Lanka and North India. Where are you ladies going and what clothes will you be wearing? I've been looking online for inspiration but not buying yet as I'm hoping to be at least a dress size smaller by then! Also, have any of you seen a good size suitcase with a plastic shell. I saw ones that weighed less than a usual suitcase somewhere but can't remember where, handy for taking lots of bags and shoes!

Super Senior Platinum Member SpecialSundae's Avatar

I'm going to Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand and taking a few bikinis, two pairs of Fit Flops, a few pairs of heels and a couple of both summer dresses and smart dresses. Other than that I'll shop whilst I'm out there.

Definitely don't bother shopping for clothes before going to India (especially if you go to Rajasthan!). One, you won't be able to wear anything skimpy outside a hotel, you really need to stick to Indian-style attire; and two, you can have beautiful clothes made whilst you're there for next to nothing!
    Fairy Gokmother

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

We're going to mexico and I plan to spend 2 weeks pretty much in bikini's! Not our usual sort of holiday- normally more adventurous and active, but we plan to relax by the pool, do watersports and swim with dolphins and not much more! I've been stocking up on sarongs and light sundresses for covering up for lunch etc, plus a lot of short & maxi dresses for nighttime! Got a lot in the January sales! Just need to get to work on the stomach crunches so I do the bikini's justice! Need to go on a shopping spree for H2b now- he's more difficult to please and as usual, didnt find anything in the sales!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BalbirnieDreamer View Post
    We're going to mexico and I plan to spend 2 weeks pretty much in bikini's! Not our usual sort of holiday- normally more adventurous and active, but we plan to relax by the pool, do watersports and swim with dolphins and not much more! I've been stocking up on sarongs and light sundresses for covering up for lunch etc, plus a lot of short & maxi dresses for nighttime! Got a lot in the January sales! Just need to get to work on the stomach crunches so I do the bikini's justice! Need to go on a shopping spree for H2b now- he's more difficult to please and as usual, didnt find anything in the sales!
    Lx
    I think I've almost hit my target of 12 bikinis now, but I'm not worrying too much about how much I weigh in them. Large-ish breasts distract from a wobbly belly, thankfully!
    Fairy Gokmother

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSundae View Post
    I think I've almost hit my target of 12 bikinis now, but I'm not worrying too much about how much I weigh in them. Large-ish breasts distract from a wobbly belly, thankfully!
    Lol, I don't have that distraction unfortunately!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BalbirnieDreamer View Post
    Lol, I don't have that distraction unfortunately!
    Lx
    They're my only consolation for being lardy.
    Fairy Gokmother

12, wow that's a lot of bikinis! I better loose some more weight before looking for bikinis. Yeah, we are headed to Rajasthan. They could make me some pretty maxi dresses. Sundae, would it be acceptable to wear maxi dresses with a cardie over the top? Probably be dripping of sweat but never mind!
    Last edited by highlandbelle; 23-02-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Oops, wasn't finished typing.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandbelle View Post
    12, wow that's a lot of bikinis! I better loose some more weight before looking for bikinis. Yeah, we are headed to Rajasthan. They could make me some pretty maxi dresses. Sundae, would it be acceptable to wear maxi dresses with a cardie over the top? Probably be dripping of sweat but never mind!
    A maxi-dress and cardi will be passable, but honestly you get SO much less hassle if you wear a salwar kameez (and often an actively positive response, particularly from girls and women). You can pick them up for under a fiver once you're there and they're ideal for the climate too. I've been to Rajasthan twice and while Indian girls get away with wearing jeans and kurtas (tunics); it's just a lot easier and more comfortable if you dress to their ideas of modesty.

Inside hotels, you can get away with wearing a lot more Western clothes and even bikinis by the pool.
    Fairy Gokmother

Thanks for the tip, I did wonder what would be most suitable to wear. By the sounds of it I'll be going away with a near empty suitcase and coming back with it full!

Quote Originally Posted by highlandbelle View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I did wonder what would be most suitable to wear. By the sounds of it I'll be going away with a near empty suitcase and coming back with it full!
    Definitely the way to go. There is a fab tailor that I can recommend in Udaipur if you're heading there. He made me a fab 1950s style evening dress out of an antique silk brocade sari for less than £20!
    Fairy Gokmother

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialSundae View Post
    Definitely the way to go. There is a fab tailor that I can recommend in Udaipur if you're heading there. He made me a fab 1950s style evening dress out of an antique silk brocade sari for less than £20!
    Oh wow, yeah we are headed there at the end of our trip.

Senior Platinum Member

im also having this kind of difficulty for my honeymoon next year - maldives i think will be fine, bikinis, playsuits shorts and t's but going to dubai for 7 nts also - thinking: maxi dresses with cardis, full swimsuits, longshorts (3/4 lengths), loose shirty type tops with t-shirts underneath... never been but have been told how hot it gets so a bit weary of what things to wear

xx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

30th June 2012! Mrs Strachan to be's Avatar

u need a sub zero case, they are the lightest suitcases in the world and are amazing!!!tj hughes, the factory store and matalan sell them, google it, they are expensive, but worth it !x
    Roll on 30th June 2012

Were going to New York, L.A and Las Vegas so will probably make do with most of my existing wardrobe for during the day and get some new oufits for going out at night. Hopefully i'll be able to loose enough weight to wear a bikini but im not really a beach/pool person so will only use them one or two days. Im hoping to travel fairly light so I have plenty of room to store my shopping on the way back!

As for cases, we got a Tripp set from Debenhams that were on offer, there great!

We are off to mexico. I also have about 12 bikini's few maxi dresses short dresses, dressy shorts casual shorts, flip flops canvas pumps and a pair of wedges got them all in the sales the end of the summer and at Christmas for next to nothing. My Bikinis were my best bargain I got six of them four £4 at work as it was just a donation and that's all I had in my purse.. x