Thread: really down today (NWR)

Default really down today (NWR)

My mum has done something really silly and it is really getting me down. She bought a car on HP and signed it in my name. She has defaulted on the payments, I have sent her letters to pass on to the agency to uplift the car. This has not happened. The loan for the car is with the company that I work for. They are aware that the signature is not mine.

I really just feel like exploding and I am scared that I will do something stupid.

I have been in tears at work this morning, but my manager is an a**e and will not let me go home

xxx

Oh no - so sorry to hear of this. I can imagine you're feeling really stressed . Did your mum tell you this or did you find out through other means?. I'm sorry I can't offer any advice from a legal point of view but just wanted to let you know I hope it gets sorted quickly and that you feel better soon x

she told me 6 months after she had done it, but she has been assuring me that she has been paying for it. I really dont want her at my wedding at all. She only phones when she wants something and she has no interest in the wedding at all. When I mention h2b or his kids she just blanks me. I am so glad that I live in scotland and she lives in England!!!

xxx

so sorry to hear that!

is there no way that you can contact the complany directly and get them to deal with it?

last means i know its a bit harsh but would the police not be able to help in this matter? i know thats prob not what u would want to do, but if its making you feel this down you really need to get something done honey!

hope you get it sorted.

xx

that's a really crappy thing to do to your daughter. i kind of agree with above though, surely it's gone on too long and you have to say either face up to it now or the police are getting involved.. maybe your company will be taking it further anyway if they know the signature is fraudulant? I know she's your mum but at the end of the day so are you and it's your h2b and kids that are your priority now and she clearly wasn't thinking about them, you or your wee family's future when she did this or now by ignoring the problem. chin up luv x

she will be told that she has to pay this back and I want to see regular payments or I will be taking it to fraud. I have told her that I can lose my job over this and she sounds as if she is not bothered!!!
    Thanks for all your kind words xxx
    xxx

hope you gets this all sorted, its not what you need right now and as someone else has said its not fair on your family!

hopefully you dont loose you job and everything gets sorted!

xx

I'm sorry to hear about this.

I don't know about english debt collection but in scottish debt collection it is you responsibility to prove you have been a victim of fraud and you prove that by pressing charges.

If you admit you knew about what your mum has done, you could be an accessory to fraud.

You either have to report her to the police or be willing to shoulder the payment.

If the car is in your name, you can arrange for it to be clamped until the finance company can collect.

Its a horrible horrible situation for a family member to do this to you, but you should look at protecting yourself as much as possible.
    Getting Married at the Lochside House Hotel on April 27th 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about this.

I don't know about english debt collection but in scottish debt collection it is you responsibility to prove you have been a victim of fraud and you prove that by pressing charges.

If you admit you knew about what your mum has done, you could be an accessory to fraud.

You either have to report her to the police or be willing to shoulder the payment.

If the car is in your name, you can arrange for it to be clamped until the finance company can collect.

Its a horrible horrible situation for a family member to do this to you, but you should look at protecting yourself as much as possible.
    I have to agree, you need to protect yourself, If she has defaulted on the payment efore then she might do it in the future. As you legally own the car, you can legally hand it back get finance cancelled then its not there hanging over you.

You can also sign up to places that monitor your credit history for you, then you can see if anyone has tried to apply for credit in your name and stop it before something like this happens again.

It is a rubbish situation, Hope you sort it out as best you can. Good luck. x
    07-06-2012

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

I agree with the girls. It's a really shi*y situation to be put in by anyone, especially when it's by your own mum! You need to look after yourself in this one!! If it had been me, she would have been uninvited to my wedding as soon as I found out about it! She's an adult, needs to take responsibility and should never have done this in the first place! I really do feel for you! It's hard but try not to get upset, sort it out as if you would if it was anyone else who'd done it and if she ends up upset or angry then it's her own fault!
    Take care and good luck with this xxx

Thanks for all your lovely words, I have spoken to the company and they are going to get it uplifted xxx