Thread: Making my own bouquets

Default Making my own bouquets

Have just tried my hand at a bouquet and I think its flippin marvellous.

How much did it cost? Under a tenner Woo hoo

Got the roses in my local supermarket, left them overnight and today to open up a bit and then watched a few how to videos on the internet and voila, a perfect first attempt in under 10 minutes.

These are not necessarily my colour scheme but I like it.

Going to try and upload the photos now or try and make an album in my profile.

I am well chuffed with myself, especially with the money I am now going to save xxxx

Thumbs up

WOWOWOWOW.... BIG Congrats to you, looks fab!!

I wish I was creatve & crafty but i'd be scared when it came time to do it for real i'd be too stressed & not have the time :O

But go you, big pat on the back for doing so well, 1st attempt too

Lindsey

Hi thats looks so pretty i am getting married next year and was thinking about doing my own buquet could you post some links that you used

Thanks

x

Sure just go onto you tube www.youtube.com

and type in rose bouquet (or any type of bouquet) and you will get loads of videos. The ones I used were:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9JJHy8yo_M

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQi84T-k2lk

They are 2 slightly diff tecniques (one uses a band to tie and another floral tape - you dont need floral tape)

Get some satin ribbon from your local craft store or on ebay, say a metre or so for each bouquet and also some of the pearl or diamonte tipped pins for securing the ribbon. Roses I got from Asda, 4.00 a dozen and I used 2 packs.

I can't believe how easy this is and money saving. You can use any flowers you like and do fancy criss cross designs with your ribbon, or put diamontes in the flowers too. I am so excited to try more.

Gosh I will end up spending more money on trials than the actual flowers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kazanna View Post
    Sure just go onto you tube www.youtube.com

and type in rose bouquet (or any type of bouquet) and you will get loads of videos. The ones I used were:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9JJHy8yo_M

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQi84T-k2lk

They are 2 slightly diff tecniques (one uses a band to tie and another floral tape - you dont need floral tape)

Get some satin ribbon from your local craft store or on ebay, say a metre or so for each bouquet and also some of the pearl or diamonte tipped pins for securing the ribbon. Roses I got from Asda, 4.00 a dozen and I used 2 packs.

I can't believe how easy this is and money saving. You can use any flowers you like and do fancy criss cross designs with your ribbon, or put diamontes in the flowers too. I am so excited to try more.

Gosh I will end up spending more money on trials than the actual flowers!!!
    Thats brill! I had no idea it is so easy to make up bouquets! I think I will give it a wee bash! Even for mothers day!

Lisa x
    Getting married 11th June 2011

Platinum Member

that sounds great!!! when will you do it for your wedding?? id be scared id do it too early, or too late and the flowers would be dying or not opened up lol x

I would do a trial run a month or so before, just wait and see how long it takes for them to open up to what you want them to be! I saw talking to a girl that got married the 2nd Jan and her flowers were put in the freezer to keep them fresh.

Lisa x
    Getting married 11th June 2011

My wedding is 5th June so I'm trying things out for now. I would recommend the same as you ladies, to try about a month or so before as yes, you want to see how long the flowers last and how much they open etc.

Also if you were going to just pop down to the supermarket, you may not be guaranteed to get the colour you want. I am lucky to be a member at a flower wholesaler but the asda roses were cheaper - LOL

It took me less than 10 mins to make so I will prob do them night before the wedding or even 2 days or so before and then store them in vases in my mums garage overnight. I need 3 maids bouquets also.

I made a carnation pomander last thursday and it still looks as good as new.

I was speaking to someone at my work who did flowers for her daughters wedding, and she ordered white roses from tesco and they were delivered fresh to the store the day before the wedding. it might be worth looking into seeing if your supermarket would do this for you.
    have fun

hi just watched the clips, what did you us for the green bits going over the top and how did you put them in as they look fab! I am looking to do all the flowers and table centers on my day. I jaut can;t justify spend the sort of money they wan you to on a bunch of flower when at the end of the day I will have left them somewhere anyway and not be able to find them!

Yeah totally, I am so not spending all that money and I want to do my own as I am very creative that way and like to put my own stamp on things.

The green grass bits are beargrass, mine is real about 1.50 a bundle but I am going to get fake (about 90p) as it does not bend as much and holds a nicer curved shape i think.

Once you have all your roses secured, just get a bit of grass and hold the end against the stems with your thumb, then drape over the bouquet to the other side. Get another band and secure the ends. Repeat until you have as many strands as you want then chop off the ends the same length as your stems.

Them wrap with your satin ribbon, yee ha.

They look amazing. I'm thinking of doing my own flowers. Hoping to go into glasgow to get artifical flowers. Hopefully they will look the same and it means i can get them organised a few weeks in advance. x