Thread: Argghhh! so stressed!!

Default Argghhh! so stressed!!

Just want to vent girls been getting pains the past month and a half now and they seem to go away, but as soon as my period is due the pain floors me and the result can't do much and I end up taking time off work!
    Trying as the word saying TRYING to get a docs appointment and its easier said than done in the practice I am in, its like trying to get through the bouncers before you can even get to see the doc and at that you are waiting weeks!
    Now I have been off work now for 6 days! and still no further forward and thought by now I would be feeling better! and was sooo rearing to go today, but I had a really bad night last night cos of the pain I haven't been sleeping well, ended up not conking out till 2ish and I am up at 5 for work at 6am! So end result not at work and h2b has now been working out calculations on how much money I have lost cos I am off, now what he wanted to do he can't do and looks like I am pretty much stuffed this month no extras for me! ARGHHH I wanna scream! feel sooo bad for him though, my stupid body for you, plus cos I was off last year for a long time we only get in our work 6 months sickness pay and now the sickness pay has ran out so not getting anything!
    Rant over!

have u tried taking anything for it? i.e buscopan?
    i get really bad pains in my lowers stomach which can sometimes floor me - touch wood i havnt had any lately...but i found that buscopan worked really well for me! i have the same problem with my doctors and by time i go its for something totally different that i am there for! last year i had the stomach pains really bad and cudnt get a doctors appt and went to boots and the pharmacit recommened that i try buscopan to see if that works!
    id say give it a try if that dont work, phone NHS 24 when your GP is closed and say that the pain is unbearable and you would like to see someone! or even phone your GP get a phone consultation and they might end up bringin you in!
    theres a few wee options for you.
    hope your okay, i know the pain that you are in!

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

I'm the same, I get terrible pains, it turns out I have adhesions from my 2 c-sections so it gets really bad when I have my period. Personal question, but can I ask if you are on the pill? It REALLY helps with period pain.

You should push for the GP appointment, as it could be something like Endometriosis?

Super Senior Platinum Member missm2mrsf's Avatar

Aaww hope ur feeling better soon. Id change my docs if this was case x

Quote Originally Posted by MissMartin View Post
    I'm the same, I get terrible pains, it turns out I have adhesions from my 2 c-sections so it gets really bad when I have my period. Personal question, but can I ask if you are on the pill? It REALLY helps with period pain.

You should push for the GP appointment, as it could be something like Endometriosis?
    No my friend also said that to me that the pill will help, but when I went to see about it years ago the doc said I needed to lose a stone in weight before they could consider it. Got an appointment on Thursday got a call back from doc and she says its not urgent enough so going to see them then. Back to work tomoz cos I can't afford to take anymore time off! So paracetamol is on the menu for me for the next couple of days.

The docs has went down hill from when my orginal doc was there and takes all your time trying to get and as someone said by that time its for a different reason by the time you see them. Thanks can't cope with the pain anymore just wanna feel human, getting re-scheduled for a ultra sound scan to see if they find anything and also due a smear.

i would honestly try buscopan, might help it might not, if it doesnt help will rule out IBS!!

least u have a docs appt, but i would change doctors aswell!! i keep meaning to as can never get an appt but my doctors know me and im scared of seeing dif doctors!

Hi loobieb2b really sorry to hear you're under the weather again; I would echo the girls and say definitely push the doctor for a scan and any tests you need to get to the bottom of this and if you're not happy ask for a second opinion. Make sure the doctor you see knows how much time off you have had and that you can't live the rest of your life like this. As for h2b saying he can't do what he wanted to do because you've been off work and money is tight, although that sounds heartless, I think he is really worried for you and just wants you well. Let us know how you get on xx

Oh sympathies for you you could try Mefanamic Acid, im not sure if you can get it over the counter though. However if you have an appointment with GP soon then he may suggest that to you. Works really well.

Louise

Quote Originally Posted by loobieb2b View Post
    The docs has went down hill from when my orginal doc was there and takes all your time trying to get and as someone said by that time its for a different reason by the time you see them. Thanks can't cope with the pain anymore just wanna feel human, getting re-scheduled for a ultra sound scan to see if they find anything and also due a smear.
    As someone who has had years of intrusive tests, ultrasounds and scans to no assistance of the pain, my heart goes out to you! The only thing that takes the edge of my pain - just the edge - is a combination of two really strong meds and it makes me light-headed, so can only do that if I dont need to go out! I second the pill not always being a solution, that makes me worse and an emotional wreck to boot.

What is so important though is finding a good GP. Even when you are in the hospital system it is the GP that you need to rely on for day to day relief. You are entitled to register with a new GP, so ask friends etc in local area. Try for a surgery that maybe has an on-call doctor for the day, my surgery does this, so even if my GP is fully booked I can go on the day and see the scheduled on-call. My previous surgery had walk in in the mornings and appointments in the afternoon. And when looking for a GP ask the surgery if they have anyone with an interest in women's health, perfectly normal question for them.

If the pain is herrendous get yourself to the main Sandyford -Family Planning (thats for Glasgow of course, I dont know with you being in Hamilton if thats your local main one). I know people that havent had the same assistance at local Family Planning centres. There are amazing womens' health doctors in there and they can also scan you if that is needed.

You need to be very adamant what you want though, if you walk into your GP and tell them you want referred to the hospital I am 99% sure they need to do it.
    Last edited by mrsmca; 07-02-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: adding