Thread: Paying for bridesmaid dresses

Default Paying for bridesmaid dresses

Just wondering who is paying for the bridesmaid dresses and if anyone has asked the bridesmaids to pay for them thereself? I am having 3 bridesmaids and not yet decided what to do, we are on a budget not too tight but not spending the earth on getting married, how is everyone else doing it? I had thought about paying for the dresses but asking them to pay for there own hair and make done.

Sarah

I am paying for the 2 dresses and there hair and make-up. If they want fake tan and there nails done then they are paying for that. The shoes they are going to get themself as you do not see there feet. I feel that if you are asking someone to be your bridesmaid then you should pay.

Quote Originally Posted by sgw1988 View Post
    Just wondering who is paying for the bridesmaid dresses and if anyone has asked the bridesmaids to pay for them thereself? I am having 3 bridesmaids and not yet decided what to do, we are on a budget not too tight but not spending the earth on getting married, how is everyone else doing it? I had thought about paying for the dresses but asking them to pay for there own hair and make done.

Sarah
    I have 2 bridesmaids and i have asked them to pay for makeup/hair but think i am going to pay for that too. I am going to give them the jewellry as thier gifts and the shoes have come free with the dresses
    Wedding date 2/10/10

I am having 2 bridesmaids and will be paying for everything except the shoes. I think if you ask someone to be a bridesmaid at your wedding you have to pay really. Will be a really expensive wedding for them to attend! Unless of course you know they have something they can wear already perhaps if your wedding is not too formal.

I will be having 3 BM's. I have bought there dresses, shoes and jewellary. They can pay for hair and makeup nails etc.

Lisa x

I'm paying towards my maid of honour's dress. We've agreed a budget but if she chooses something a bit more expensive she's agreed to pay the difference. I'm paying for hair and makeup as she's the only one.

Default Paying for bridesmaid dresses

I have four adult bridesmaids and we are paying for dresses and shoes and giving them jewellery for a gift. I'm having their hair and make up done also but have told them if they want a trial they have to pay for it. They are also paying for their own nails spray tan etc.

Ellegee

I am having 2 bridesmaids and paying for the dresses, hair and make up. They are getting their own shoes.

I'm having 2 bridesmaids and I'm paying for everything, dress, shoes, jewellery, hair and makeup trials and on the day. I've told them that if they want nails, tan etc they can pay for that themselves but I personally think if you ask someone to be your bridesmaid you shouldn't expect them to be out of pocket and pay for things. I think I'm going to get them vouchers for a spa day as gifts that way I have an excuse to join them once the wedding is over x

I've got 2 BMs and am paying for their dresses, hair, makeup, jewellery as a gift.

I've asked them to pay for their shoes and hair accessories.
    Got married on 9th April 2010 - Now Mrs K!!!!

Thanks for all your replies! interesting to read what others are doing.

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by sgw1988 View Post
    Thanks for all your replies! interesting to read what others are doing.

Sarah
    I have 2 adult bridesmaids, 2 junior (8 & 6year olds) & 2 flowergirls (3 year olds) and we are buying all their dresses, shoe's for all the kids & paying for their hair.

We discussed it and I asked if the 2 adults could buy their own shoes (you wont see them underneath the dress anyway so it could be soemthing they can wear again) and if they want nails etc done they will need to pay for this also...

I think it's an individual choice and depends on your budget.. But my bridesmaids were more than acceptable of this which I found helps me out a lot..

Lindsey